Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the gateway exam for the students who have done their graduation in engineering and wish to pursue a master’s degree from renowned institutes/universities across the country. With the help of GATE scores, candidates can apply for PSU recruitment. This examination is conducted every year by one of the 8 institutes including 7 IITs and IISc. Candidates can apply for GATE 2024 at any age as no upper age limit is set for the same. However, candidates need to fulfill some minimum qualifications to appear in this exam. This exam is going to be held via computer-based in a single shift which is organized for a total of 29 engineering branches.
Candidates can expect GATE 2024 Registration in the first week of September 2024 to the second week of October 2024. We urge the candidates to prepare for this exam as GATE is not an easy exam to crack. Therefore, we have provided complete information about GATE 2024 such as exam schedule, eligibility criteria, application form, application fee, exam pattern and more.
GATE 2024 Highlights
|GATE 2024 Conducting Authority||To be Updated|
|GATE 2024 Application Date||1st week of September 2023|
|Negative Marking in Exam||Yes|
|Attempts in GATE 2024||Unlimited|
|Age limit||No, there are no age limit criteria|
|Frequency of Exam||No, GATE is held only once every year|
GATE 2024 Important Dates
|Official Notification for GATE 2024||1st week of September 2023|
|Registration of GATE 2024 (without late fee)||1st week of September 2023 to 2nd week of October 2023|
|Correction of Application Form||2nd week of November 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||1st week of January 2024|
|GATE 2024 Exam Date||1st and 2nd week of February 2024|
|Release of Answer Key||2nd week of March 2024|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of March 2024|
|Counselling Date||1st week of May 2024|
- BE/ B.Tech/ B.Pharma: A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 12th or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/ Technology/ B.Sc. Applicants must be currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed the degree.
- B.Arch: Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (5 years course). He/ she must be currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed the degree.
- BS Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 12th)/ B.Sc. (Research): Applicant should be currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed the degree.
- MA/ MSc/ MCA or equivalent master’s degree in any branch of Computer Applications/ Statistics/ Science/ Arts/ Mathematics or equivalent degree is required. He/ she must be currently in the first year or higher or already completed.
- M.tech (Post B.Sc)/ Int ME/ Post-B.Sc Integrated postgraduate degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (4 year program). He/she must be currently in the 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd/4th year of the program or already completed the same.
- Int M.tech/ ME or Dual Degree (after diploma of 12th)/ Dual Degree/ Integrated Master’s degree program in Engineering/ Technology (5-year program). He/she must be currently in the 3rd/ 4th/ 5th year or already completed the same.
- 05 years integrated B.S.- M.S. program/ Int M.Sc or BS0MS Integrated M.Sc. Applicants must be currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed the same.
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.Arch/ B.Tech/ BE) B.Arch./ B.Tech/ B.E. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by AICTE/ UPSC/ MoE. Candidates should be currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed the degree.
GATE 2024 Application Form
- To fill up the application form, candidates need to register as a “New User”. After the successful registration, candidates will get an application number/ enrollment ID on their registered email.
- Fill up the application form for GATE 2024- Candidates can login using GOAPS Enrollment ID and Password which they received on their registered ID. Fill up all your details such as personal details, educational qualification, etc. asked in the application form.
- Upload scanned documents including the candidate’s passport-size photograph, signature, eligibility certificate, caste certificate, and PwD Certificate according to the instructions above.
- Pay GATE 2024 application fees on the basis of category, candidates must make the payment of the application fee through credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Candidate need to read and accept the declaration statement before submitting the application form. After the acceptance of the declaration, candidates can submit the application form before the due date.
The application form will be considered incomplete without paying the application fee. The application charges for GATE 2024 are mentioned below:
For Exam Center in India
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female Candidates: Rs. 750/-
- All other categories: Rs. 1500/-
- For Exam centers in (Kathmandu, Dhaka, Colombo, and Addis Ababa): US $ 50
For Exam centers in Dubai or Singapore
- US $ 100
Examination Pattern of GATE 2024 are as follows:
- Number of Papers: 23 (different for every specialization/ discipline)
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Type of Questions: Numericals and Objective type multiple choice Questions
- Number of Questions: 65 questions
- Maximum Marks: 100 marks
- Marks per Questions: Some questions will be of 1 mark while some questions will carry 2 marks
- Negative Marking: deduction of 1/3rd mark for 1 mark questions and deduction of 2/3rd marks for 2 mark questions. Numerical Ability type questions doesn’t hold any negative marking.
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
For paper codes AE, XF, TF, PI, PE, MT, MN, ME, IN, EE, EC, CS, CH, CE, BT, and AG:
|Subjects||Percentage of Total Marks|
|General Aptitude||15 %|
|Main Subject of the Paper||70 %|
For paper codes AR, XL, PH, MA, GG, CY, and EY
|Subjects||Percentage of Total Marks|
|Main Subject of the Paper||85 %|
GATE 2024 Results
The result announcement for GATE 2024 will be done along with the exam dates. Contenders can expect their result declaration in March 2024. Candidates can check their results online through the official website of GATE 2024. Only the GATE 2024 qualified aspirants would gain access to acquire their scorecard. The validity of the scorecard is three years.
|TIFR GS 2024||American Bullion Scholarship|