TIFR GS 2024: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research which is a national level-based entrance examination, provides admission to students in postgraduate science courses. TIFR offers a five-year integrated MSc and Ph.D. Courses to the students. For all the details related to the application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc. check below:
TIFR GS 2024 Schedule
|Application form availability||1st week of October 2023|
|Last date to apply||1st week of November 2023|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of November 2023|
|Entrance exam date||2nd week of December 2023|
|Result declaration||February 2024|
|Interview date||Coming soon|
TIFR GS 2024 Application Form
TIFR will be releasing the application form for admissions to integrated Ph.D. programs in the month of October on their official website.
How to Apply?
- Go to the official website of TIFR.
- For registration, enter your basic details like name, father’s name, d.o.b, mobile number, etc., and click on register for submitting the details.
- Following this, a user id and password of the candidate will be generated.
- Now, candidates need to log in for the further process by entering their user id and password (candidates can check their mail id for user id and password).
- After logging in, the application form will appear before the applicants.
- Now, by filling in all the other details like personal information, exam details, address, etc. click on submit.
- After submitting, applicants have to upload the necessary documents i.e. scanned copy of the signature, passport size photograph, and whatever is required.
- The last step is to pay the application fee. The application fee is 300 for female candidates and 900 for male candidates. Applicants can pay the application fee through their debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI, or any other mode.
|Official Website||Check Here|
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|Online Application||Apply Here|
Documents Required To Fill the Application Form
- Scanned image of recent passport size photograph.
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature.
- If you are applying under PWD (persons with disability) category, then a disability certificate is required.
- Degree mark sheet.
- Mobile number of the applicant.
- A valid email id of the applicant is required.
- The latest photograph and signature of the candidate in JPG format with a size below 80 kb is required.
- Integrated Ph.D.: BA/BSC/BE/BTech
- Integrated Ph.D.: ME/MTech/ BSC/BE/BS/BTech/BChem in Physics, Engineering Physics or equivalent degree, on completion of a course whose duration should not be less than 3 years.
- Integrated Ph.D.: BSC/BPharm or any equivalent degree.
- Integrated Ph.D./MSC: Bachelors in basic science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and any four-year degree program that includes graduation in BTech/BE/BPharm or any equivalent degree.
*Engineering students who have scored good marks in their GATE in Electrical, Electronics, Communication Engineering, Mathematics can directly apply without appearing for the exam.
According to the subjects, the exam pattern of exam will also be different. For complete details, check below:
- Part 1- Objective type questions- Duration (90 minutes)
- Part 2- Subjective type questions- Duration (90 minutes)
Physics and Chemistry:
MCQ questions- Duration (3 hours)
Note- there will be a negative marking for each incorrect answer.
Computer and System Sciences
- Part-A: Mathematical Aptitude
- Part-B: Computer Science
- Part-C: Systems Science
- Duration- 180 minutes (for all the 3 parts)
TIFR GS 2024 Syllabus
|Algebra (definitions and examples of the group), cyclic groups, subgroups, homomorphism, quotients, definitions, and examples of rings and fields, basic facts about finite-dimensional vector spaces, matrices, determinants, and ranks of linear transformations. Integers and their basic properties. Polynomials with real or complex
Coefficients in one variable. Topics such the basic facts about real and complex numbers, the sequence of real and complex numbers and the series converge, continuity, variance and reman, integration of real-valued functions defined at an interval (finite or infinite), drawn from topics such as Do it Functions (polynomial functions, rational functions, exponential and log, trigonometric functions). Under Geometry / Topology, prepare from topics such as the primary geometric properties of common shapes and figures in 2 and 3-dimensional Euclidean spaces (eg: triangles, circles, disks, spheres, etc.). Plane analytical geometry (= coordinate geometry) and trigonometry. Definition and basic properties of metric spaces, examples of subset Euclidean spaces (of any dimension), connectivity, compactness. Continuation of functions between metric spaces, conversion to metric spaces. Under general, the topics covered are pigeon-hole theory (box theory), induction, elementary properties of division, elementary combustible materials (permutations and combinations, binomial coefficients), and elementary arguments with graphs.
|Physics||Topics in physics consist of classical mechanics, physics-related mathematics, electrical and magnetism, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, thermodynamics and statistical physics, general physics, modern physics and electronics, and experimental physics|
|Chemistry||Subjects under Chemistry include Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Electro Chemistry, Quantum Chemistry, Biophysics, Thermodynamics, Spectroscopy (NMR, Fluorescence, IR, UV, and X-ray), Logic and Statistics and Mathematical Methods.|
TIFR GS 2024 Exam Results
- To check the Exam Result, applicants can log in to the official site of TIFR.
- After logging in, click on GS 2024.
- Then, click on the course name.
- A merit list will appear on the screen.
- It will include names of the candidates who have qualified for the exam and can then appear for the interview in the months of March and April.
FAQs: (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: How do I apply for TIFR GS?
Answer: Candidates need to apply through the official website of TIFR GS i.e http://univ.tifr.res.in/.
Question: Is there any Age limit?
Answer: No, there is no age limit.
Question: What is the level of the TIFR GS Exam?
Answer: The level of TIFR GS is moderate to difficult.
Question: What is the full form of TIFR?
Answer: TIFR stands for Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. TIFR is a deemed university that offers various integrated courses.