GMAT basically is an short form for Graduate Management Aptitude Test which is conducted five times a year on international level. The exam is regulated by GMAC or the Graduate Management Admission Council every year. Moreover, this exam takes place at 600 centers in 114 countries globally. This examination is conducted for the eligible candidate for enrollment in various foreign-located universities as well as institutions. By taking up this examination, the candidate can secure admission to the MBA course. Check here details for GMAT 2024.
The test is basically a computer adaptive entrance test. The examination is conducted to check candidate’s critical thinking, logical reasoning, analytical writing and problem-solving skills. If the candidates wish to get admission in Master in Business Administration (MBA), then this exam is an essential admission requirement for them. The scores in GMAT is accepted by 7,000 plus programs in nearly 2,300 graduate business schools in the world. I
GMAT 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||GMAT(Graduate Management Admission Test)|
|Commonly known as||GMAT|
|Exam Type||Universal Screening Test (Post Graduate Management)|
|Organized by||GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council)|
|Frequency||5 times a year|
|Application Form||Online Mode|
GMAT 2024 Important Dates
|GMAT Exam||Essential Dates|
|Online Registration Dates||Open throughout the year|
|Date of GMAT Examination||Candidates get the facility to choose the date of exam during registration|
|Result Declaration||Within 20 days after appearing in the test|
All the essential points related to Eligibility Criteria are given below:
- Age Limit: Although the official authorities of GMAC have not set any upper age limit, the candidate who wishes to appear in the test must be 18 years or above. However, candidates in the age category of 13 to 17 years are also eligible to appear for the exam. Such candidates need to produce a written permission letter from their parents or legal guardian.
- Educational Qualification: Applicant should possess a graduate/ bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university of education to enroll for the MBA programme.
- Number of Attempts: A candidate is allowed to take up GMAT up to 8 times in total. However, in a particular calendar year, the number of attempts are not more than five times. Apart from this, there needs to be a gap of at least 16 days between two attempts. Also, if a candidate gets the perfect score of 800, then he/ she will have to wait for five years to re appear for the exam.
- Re-application for the Test: GMAT candidates who have not scored well in the exam, can re- take the test. The validity of GMAT scores is five years and candidates who are not pursuing any graduate programme during this period can re-apply for the entrance exam.
GMAT 2024 Application Form
To apply, eligible candidates should follow the step by step guidelines given below:
- First of all, go to the official web portal of GMAT and create and account there.
- In the registration form, enter your name, email address and set a strong password.
- After that, applicant will receive an mail where he/ she needs to verify the email.
- Now, use the login credentials to login to your account.
- After logging in, applicant will be redirected to the application form where you have to fill in details of your name, address, education qualification, communicational details, etc.
- Now, choose the examination slot i.e. both date and time.
- After selecting the exam slot, pay the required application charges with available payment modes.
- Once the fee payment is successful, submit your form and make sure to get the print copy of both application form and payment receipt.
The mandatory application fee is $250/- which is approximately Rs.18,671/-. One can make the payment of the application fee using debit card, credit card, net banking, mobile banking, etc.
- The examination will take place through online CBT mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- The test will be held for 5 hours.
- The question paper will hold a total number of 800 marks.
- In all, the paper involves subjects such as Verbal, Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative and Integrated Reasoning.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Duration (minutes)||Score Range|
|Analytical writing assessment||1||30||0 to 6 (in 0.5 increment)|
|Integrated Reasoning||12||30||1 to 8 (in 1 point increment)|
|Quantitative Reasoning||31||62||6 to 51 (in 1 point increment)|
|Verbal Reasoning||36||65||6 to 51 (in 1 point increment)|
GMAT Exam 2024 will be held in various cities such as Vellore, Tiruchillapalli, Cochin, Patiala, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Pune, Indore, Trivandrum, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Noida, Mohali, Mysore, Ranchi, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati, Dehradun, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad.
The result will be out at least three weeks after the commencement of examination. Participants can attain their results and scores via the main website. Candidates will receive important information about the scorecard through emailing facility. The email that the candidate receives involves vital guidelines, GMAT exam scores of past five years, personal info and scores of analytical writing assessment score. The candidate will get the options whether to accept the result or reject the result. If the candidate accepts the results, then he/ she needs to select the institution and access the result. In case of declining the outcome, then no one can obtain the results.