B.Com in Accounting and Finance is a full time three year duration bachelors degree programme which is segregated into six semesters. It deals with different aspects of commerce, finance and accounting. Some of the core subjects in B.Com accounting and finance includes business studies, accounting management, general commerce management, finance and corporate finance. The basic eligibility requirement for this course is intermediate or its equivalent exam in commerce, humanities or science from a recognized board of education with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. However, the minimum requirement of marks vary from college to college.
The admission to the B.Com Accounting and Finance Colleges is only done on the basis of student’s marks in class 12th. Admission process depend on the university. Some institutes offer direct admission to the course based on the merit and personal interview or counseling after taking up the entrance test. The average annual fees for B.Com Accounting and Finance through correspondence learning is Rs. INR 2000 to Rs. 50,000. Those who earn a degree in B.Com Accounting and Finance are usually recruited in the areas like auditing offices, excise departments, stock exchanges, banks, educational institutes, etc. Aspirants can also find jobs in the fields of Investment Banker, Executive Assistant, Teller/ Cashier, Financial Analyst, Market Analyst, Senior Accountant, Risk Analyst, Business Analyst, Money Manager, etc.
B.Com Accounting and Finance Overview
|Course||B.Com Accounting and Finance|
|Full form||Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Finance|
|Average tuition fee||INR 2000 to 4 Lakhs|
|Admission Process||On the basis of Entrance and Merit Based Followed by Personal Interview|
|Average salary||INR 1 to 10 Lakhs|
|Top recruiting companies||CBI, PNB, NABARD, SBI, Gartner, Accenture, Deloitte, PWC, EY, KPMG, etc.|
Why Choose B.Com Accounting and Finance?
If you have interest in mathematics and desire to apply it to business, whether its economics, law and management.
Employment opportunities: Through this course, one can gain employment opportunities in many sectors. Candidates holding a graduation degree in B.Com Accounts and Finance are recruited mainly in the sector related to investment management, banking and financial service industry (BFSI) which likely appoints more than 8.4 Million people in the upcoming 8-10 years.
Good salary: As per the sources, graduates of B.Com accounting and Finance earn a basic pay of Rs. 492,424 per annum. More than that, such individuals are expected to earn other perks such as TA, DA, bonuses as well as retirement benefits and provident funds. Graduates also get various abroad opportunities. Through cultural exchanges, individuals get a deep understanding of the global economy and learns developing language skills. Therefore, Accounting and finance play a great role at the core of every department. It is impossible for public and private sectors to operate without operational finances.
The eligibility criteria for B.Com Accounting and Finance is quite similar for every university except the marks requisite in Class 12th might depends. The eligibility requirements for B.Com Accounting and Finance depends on university to university and students must satisfy the same in order to be eligible for the admission process. Students who successfully satisfy the eligibility norms are eligible to take part in the admission process whereas students who fail to satisfy the eligibility criteria are disqualified from admission.
Interested candidates are required to successfully complete their 10+2 examination from a recognized board of education in India in any specialisation with a minimum aggregate of 50 % marks. The minimum scores might change as it vary as per the number of seats available in a university and the number of applicants.
The admission process for B.Com is conducted in both online and offline mode. Candidates who are planning for admission, should check the eligibility criteria and complete admission process beforehand. The admission process for this course is almost same for most of the institutes except a few. Step by step admission procedure for B.Com Accounting and Finance is mentioned below:
- Interested students should understand that the admission process will be held in both online and offline mode.
- In case of offline mode, students have to contact their administration office and submit their necessary documents in person and wait for the release of merit list.
- If students applying through online mode, then they have to visit the official website of the university and create their account by providing basic information.
- Once your account is created, students will have to fil up the application form with all the personal details, academic information, professional details and communicational details.
- Students need to submit the application form along with the application fee before the specified date.
- After the application last date is over and the university receives all the applications from the aspirants, they review every applicant’s profile and set up a merit list according to the availability of seats.
- Furthermore, applicants will have to lock their admission seats by paying the first fee deposit to the administration department and completing the document verification process.
Top Colleges Offering B.Com Accounting and Finance Course
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab
- Jain University, Bangalore
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhi Nagar
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- NIMS University, Rajasthan
- St. Andrew’s College of Arts Science & Commerce, Mumbai