GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) is known to be the widely accepted world’s largest assessment programs for graduate admissions. Every year, Educational Testing Service (ETS) organizes this exam. Candidates from over 160 countries can take up this test. By qualifying for this exam, candidates can get admission to master’s and doctorate degree courses in various universities globally. Universities all over the world accepts GRE scores. Moreover, more than 1000 business schools also accept GRE scores. Get all the important details of GRE Exam 2023 from this post below. We have provided complete schedule, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, registration process, etc. here.
GRE Exam 2023 Important Dates
|Application form starts date||February 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||March 2023|
|Admit card issue on||April 2023|
Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Candidates can seek admission to graduate courses all over the world. Therefore, students who are willing to study graduate programs need to take up the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- The managing authorities of GRE has not laid down any specific age limit or requirements for appearing in GRE exam.
- GRE being an assessment test for admission into graduate courses, therefore, appliers are required to complete the undergraduate program first.
- It must be noted that for admission to programs at various universities, candidates must have gained GRE scores.
- For appearing in GRE, candidates must prepare for the subject in which he/she is planning to pursue and the discretion of the university.
GRE Exam 2023 Application Process
It is the standardized examination for those who wish to take admission in graduate courses such as MSc, MS, MBA, etc. The admission will be offered at universities located internationally.
To take up this exam, candidates need to follow the registration process and the steps are provided below:
Steps for online registration are mentioned below:
- If you are a new user, then create a new account on the official website of ETS (Educational Testing Service).
- Already existing user can log in to the official website.
- Candidates can fill-up the form by providing necessary details as required in the registration process.
- Choose the GRE Test Centre/ Exam Date as per your convenience.
- Once you have selected the exam centre and test date, pay the requisite amount using the right payment gateway.
- After the submission of payment, take the print of the acknowledgment receipt.
For registration via mail, candidates need to print and fill up the application form and send/ post it to the below-mentioned address along with the fee:
Prometric, 2nd floor, DLF Infinity Tower–A, Sector 25, Phase II, DLF City, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122002, India
For registration through phone, call the regional registration center (RRC) – 91-124-4147700. Candidates are told to make a call at least two days before the preferred test date. Registered applicants will get a confirmation number, test center address, and reporting time.
Download a print of the application form, fill it and send the duly filled application form to 91-124-4147773 along with the application fee.
GRE Exam 2023 Registration Fee
|GRE fees in India||$213.00|
|GRE fees in China||$231.00|
|GRE fees in other areas of the world||$205.00|
GRE Exam Pattern
- The question paper of GRE will have three sections– Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning.
- A total of 3 hours 30 minutes will be allotted to complete the entire paper.
- GRE 2023 will be computer-based.
- The paper-based examination will include two sub-sections for each of the main categories i.e. Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing. Analytical Writing section is required to be completed within 1 hour.
- Verbal and Quantitative reasoning includes 2 sections and total 50 questions. Applicants have to complete both of the sections in the duration of 60 and 70 minutes respectively.
- Paper-based – Candidates have to complete 2 sections 2 tasks in 1 hour.
- Computer-based – Candidates have to solve 1 section, 2 tasks under 1 hour only.
- Paper-based – Candidates have to complete 2 sections 50 questions to be within 70 minutes.
- Computer-based – There will be 1 section 40 questions and it has to be completed in 1 hour only.
- Paper-based – There are 2 sections, 50 questions which should be completed in 80 minutes.
- Computer-based – Students have to solve 1 section and 40 questions in less than 70 minutes.
GRE Exam Result
The result will be provided on the official website once the GRE examination is commenced successfully. It will be made available on the official website of ETS after 10- 15 days of the commencement of the exam. Once the results are announced, all the exam appeared candidates will be notified about the same via an email by ETS to the candidate’s provided mail id.
- New Delhi