Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), Mumbai provides various courses in the field of medical science and engineering. The courses are offered at the postgraduate and doctoral levels at HBNI. However, the institute conducts an entrance examination for admission to a few courses. While admission to some other courses will be done based on the scores in NEET PG and NEET SS exams. Those interested applicants who want admission to such courses must ensure that they are eligible as per the norms of the institute. The HBNI institute offers courses such as M.Sc., M.Tech, MD, M.Phil, DM, and Diploma courses like D.MRIT, DRM, and PhD., etc. to have the full knowledge of HBNI Admission 2023, read this complete post below.
HBNI Admission 2023 Courses Offered
Homi Bhabha National Institute offers following courses:
- PG Diploma – Radiological Physics, Medical Radio Isotope technique, Radiation Medicine.
- M.Tech – Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering.
- M.Sc. – Nursing, Engineering.
- M.D. – Palliative Medicine, Immune Hematology & Transfusion Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Microbiology, Radiotherapy, Radio Diagnosis, Pathology, Anesthesia.
- DM – Critical Care, Gastroenterology, Medical Oncology, Pediatric Oncology,
- Master of Chirurgiae (M.Ch) – Head and Neck Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynecological Oncology.
- M.Phil – Mathematical Science, Chemical Science, Life Science.
- Ph.D. – Chemical Science, Mathematics.
- Ph.D. (Integrated) – Engineering Science
HBNI Admission 2023 Highlights
|Name of the admission process||HBNI Admission 2023|
|Full form||Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2023|
|Organizing department||Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission|
|Admission to||Post graduate and doctoral programmes in medical science and engineering|
|Selection criteria||Entrance/ Merit-based|
HBNI Admission 2023 Schedule
|Online application form release||2nd week of June 2023|
|Last date to apply online||1st week of July 2023|
|Admit card release date||2nd week of July 2023|
|Date of entrance test||1st week of August 2023|
|Result announcement||4th week of September 2023|
|Interview round on||To be announced|
|Counseling process||To be announced|
PG Diploma – Radiation Medicine:
Candidates must hold an MBBS or equivalent degree from any institute approved by Indian Medical Council with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
PG Diploma – Radiological Physics, Medical Radio Isotope technique:
Aspirants must have cleared a B.Sc. degree in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Nuclear Science with at least 50% aggregate marks.
M.Tech – Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering:
Those applicants who have B.Tech, B.E., and M.Sc. degree in relevant field with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks are eligible.
M.D. – Palliative Medicine, Immune Hematology & Transfusion Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Microbiology, Radiotherapy, Radio Diagnosis, Pathology, Anesthesia:
Aspirants must hold an MBBS or equivalent degree with at least 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university/ institute.
Candidates must note that specialization and number of seats will be basis of the approval by Medical Council of India.
DM – Critical Care, Gastroenterology, Medical Oncology, Pediatric Oncology, Master of Chirurgiae (M.Ch) – Head and Neck Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynecological Oncology:
The candidates must have a valid MS/ MD degree in the respective discipline completed through the pattern of (10+2) +5+3 from and Medical Council of India recognized institution with 50% aggregate marks.
M.Phil (Life Science, Mathematical Science, Chemical Science):
Candidates should have passed a M.Sc. degree from any recognized university with a minimum of 50% overall marks.
Ph.D. (Chemical Science, Mathematics):
Aspirants who have ay degree including M.Sc, M.V.Sc, M.Pharm, and MBBS degree with at least aggregate of 60% marks can apply.
The candidates with B.E/ B.Tech degree in relevant discipline with at least 60% aggregate marks are eligible to apply.
It must be noted that the relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying marks will be given to students belonging to SC/ ST categories.
HBNI Admission 2023 Application Process
- All the eligible students have to visit the official website of the institute i.e. www.hbni.ac.in.
- After opening the official site, candidates need to find and click on the link to download the application form for HBNI Admission 2023.
- Once the application form is downloaded, candidates will have to take out the copy of the same.
- In the hard copy of the application form, applicants will have to provide their complete personal, academic, and contact details as per requirements.
- All the details entered in the application form must be authentic and accurate. Or else, the application form might get rejected.
- Contenders should paste the self attested photograph of the candidates on the application form.
- After that, candidates will have to send the duly filled application form along with the required documents and demand draft of an application fee to the following address before the last date:
Administrative Officers- III,
HBNI Training School Complex,
- Candidates must also send these below mentioned documents along with the application form:
10th and 12th mark sheet.
Mark Sheets & Degree Certificates of qualifying examination.
Date of Birth proof.
Mark sheet of completed coursework
Research Proposal (it must be attached separately with Part C of the application form)
The application fee to be paid in order to apply for HBNI Admission is Rs. 5000/-
Mode of payment- The application fee should be paid in offline mode via demand draft which needs to be drawn in favor of Accounts Officer, HBNI payable at Mumbai.
HBNI Result and Merit List
The result of those candidates who take up the entrance exam will be declared in online mode through the official website of the institute. All the candidates must check the result via online mode only consequently, authorities will not send the result to candidates individually via any mode. Aside from the result, the respective authority of institute will also release a merit list of the qualified candidates for admission. Contenders should note that the merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in entrance exam and interview both.