HORTICET 2024 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Fees, Exam Pattern

HORTICET 2024: HORTICET is an abbreviation word for Horticulture Common Entrance Test. In simple words, HORTICET is a state-level entrance test regulated every year by the Dr. Y.S.R. Horticultural University which is based in Venkataramannagudem. It is one of the most well-known pre-agriculture examinations for those candidates who desire to get admission in a four-year UG degree B.Sc. (Hons.) course.

Those aspirants who are interested to get admission into various horticulture courses can appear for the HORTICET examination. For taking up this exam, aspirants first need to register and fill up the application form through online mode i.e. by accessing the official website of the concerned organizing body which is www.drysrhu.edu.in. Individuals will be able to avail of the online application form on the official website of Dr. YSR Horticultural University.

HORTICET 2024 Overview

Name of the Exam HORTICET
Full form of Exam Horticulture Common Entrance Test
Level of exam State-level
Type of Exam UG/ PG level
Conducting Agency Dr. YSR Horticultural University
Courses Offered UG, PG, and Diploma Courses
Mode of the Exam Offline (pen and paper-based)
Application Mode Online
Date of Exam To be announced
Duration of Exam 2 hours
Official website www.drysrhu.edu.in.

HORTICET 2024 Important Dates

Events Dates (Tentative)
Official Notification release August 2024
Last date to apply online October 2024
Availability of admit card November 2024
Date of Examination November 2024
Announcement of results November 2024
Beginning of counseling process December 2024

Eligibility Requirements

  • Nationality: The applicant must belong to India. Thus he/ she holds Indian nationality.
  • Age Criteria: The minimum age of the entrant should be 17 years prior to or on 31st December 2024 and the maximum age limit is 22 years. While applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) categories, get the maximum limit of age which is 25 years as per the government norms. Physically handicapped applicants’ can apply till 27 years.
  • Educational Qualifications: A Diploma in Horticulture course from Dr. YSRHU is required in order to be eligible. Candidates will have to submit the Final Memorandum of Marks-cum-Pass Certificate of Diploma in Horticulture at the time of counseling.

HORTICET 2024 Application Form

Go through all the below-given instructions very carefully in order to start the application process:

  • The application form will be provided only in online mode via the official website of the university.
  • Participants need to fill up the application form online and submit the same offline mode by generating a hard copy.
  • Fill each and every required particular in the registration form properly with no mistakes as authorities won’t provide any correction or editing facility of the application form once it is submitted.
  • The basic information required in the application form includes Applicant’s name, Diploma ID no, Father’s Name, Date of birth, Gender, Place of birth, Region, and Category.
  • Complete the rest of the form by uploading the requisite documents and paying the application fee.

Application Fee

Category Application fee
General category INR 750/-
Backward class INR 750/-
SC/ ST category INR 375/-
Physically disabled INR 375/-

Examination Format

  • Objective sort multiple-choice questions will be provided within the exam.
  • The officials will give a total of 2 hours to the participants to solve the entire paper of the test.
  • A maximum of 200 questions will be asked in the paper.
  • Each accurate response within the exam gets one mark.
  • Negative marking is not applicable within HORTICET.
  • The question paper within the exam will include a total of 200 marks.
  • The only mode in which the test is going to conduct is the offline mode (OMR- pen and paper-based test).

HOTICET 2024 Results

HORTICET Result 2024 will be declared very shortly after the commencement of the test and the release of the answer key. Appliers can check the same by accessing the official website of Dr. YSR Horticulture University. Along with the result, they will also get a scorecard, where the scores along with the rank will be given. 25% of the total marks will be cut off for the candidates belonging to general and OBC categories. No cut-off level will be there for the candidates of ST/ SC and PWD categories. If two candidates obtain similar marks within the test, then the university will give first preference to one who has a higher OGPA in diploma in Horticulture course.

HORTICET 2024 Counseling

HORTICET Counseling 2024 process will begin soon after the result declaration. Counselling is likely to begin in December 2024. Only those candidates will be eligible to appear for counselling process whose name is already mentioned in the merit list/ selection list. The counselling date will be declared on the official website of  Dr. YSR Horticulture University. Candidates who are going to appear for the counselling must carry all the required documents such as:

  • 10th and 12th Marksheet
  • Diploma Marksheet is mandatory
  • Age Proof
  • Marksheet

85% of seats will be allocated to those who belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh and the remaining 15% of seats are applicable for the candidates from outside Andhra Pradesh state.

Seat Allotment

Allotment of seats is fixed on the marks obtained by the entrants in the HORTICET and document verification. The University follows the reservation policies as per the Government of Andhra Pradesh. 85% of seats will be allocated to those who belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh and the remaining 15% of seats are applicable for the candidates from outside Andhra Pradesh state.

Leave a Comment