IGNOU B.Ed 2023: The National Testing Agency conducts the IGNOU B.Ed admission procedure for the students who are willing to make their career in teaching. Every year thousands of candidates appear for this entrance examination. The duration of this course is two years. The registration for the same will be held online. Aspiring candidates need to register themselves on the official site of IGNOU. For complete details regarding eligibility, important dates, admission procedure, exam pattern, and syllabus, see the full article.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Schedule
|Online Application form release date||To be updated soon|
|Last date to apply||To be updated soon|
|Admit card availability||To be updated soon|
|Entrance exam date||To be updated soon|
|Result declaration||To be updated soon|
IGNOU B.Ed Application Form
- The application form for IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 will be released on the official site of NTA.
- Firstly, applicants need to register their basic details like Name, Father’s name, D.O.B, email id, phone number, etc.
- After submitting these basic details, applicants will get a user id and password.
- Applicants can now log in by entering their user id and password for further process.
- Now, applicants need to provide their personal details, program details, teaching experience, educational qualification, professional qualifications, etc.
- After submitting this, a scanned copy of passport size photographs, signature, and mark sheets of the applicant should be uploaded to the application form.
- After providing all the details, candidates are required to pay the entrance examination fee which is Rs. 1000/- using the payment gateway.
- Candidates can also take a print of the application form for additional usage.
The following criteria need to be fulfilled by the candidates to get admission:
- Candidates should obtain at least 50% marks in their bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Science/Social Science/Humanities/Commerce. BE/BTech Candidates with specialization in mathematics/science with an aggregate of 55% marks are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC) – non-creamy layer, and Persons with disability (PWD) categories will be provided a relaxation of 5%.
- Who are trained in-service teachers in elementary education will be eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode are also eligible.
- The medium of the exam will be in both Hindi and English.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- The total no. of questions will be 100.
- There will be objective types of questions.
- One mark will be awarded for each right answer.
- There will be no negative marking
|Subjects||Total no. of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Logical and analytical reasoning||20||20|
|Educational and general awareness||25||25|
|Teaching-Learning & the school||25||25|
|Subject Competence (any of the one) Science/Mathematics/ Social Studies/English/Hindi||20||20|
IGNOU B.E.d 2023 Result
- The result of the entrance examination will be announced in the month of May 2023 on the official website of IGNOU.
- Applicants should check the website from time to time.
- The results will be declared one or two months after the entrance examination.
- Qualified candidates can go for the further process of admission.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 FAQs
Question: The exam will be conducted in which mode?
Ans. The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
Question: Will there be any negative markings in the exam?
Ans. No, there will be no negative marking for any incorrect response.
Question: What is the total duration of the Exam?
Ans. 2 hours.
Question: In which languages, the exam will be conducted?
Ans. The exam will be conducted in both Hindi and English.
Question: What documents are required at the time of counseling?
Ans. Documents required for counseling are: – 10th & 12th mark sheets and certificates admit card, Graduation certificate, caste certificate (if any), passport size photograph, and employment certificate.
Question: What is the application fee for the IGNOU B.Ed entrance examination 2023?
Ans. The application fee is Rs 1000/- only.
Question: What is the age limit to appear for the IGNOU B.Ed entrance examination?
Ans. There is no age limit.
Question: What is the level of examination?
Ans. The level of examination is easy to moderate.