IGNOU M.Ed Admission 2023: Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the largest universities that offer various graduate, undergraduate and doctoral programs through the finest distance education. It invites applications for the M.Ed program every year and conducts entrance examinations for the same at all Indian levels.
The official notification regarding M.Ed will be soon released by IGNOU and its registration forms are expectedly going to be out in the month of July 2023. All the eligible candidates who have completed their graduation in B.Ed. from any recognized university can apply for the entrance exam. The admission to the M.Ed program will purely be based on the entrance test that is known as MEA/ET- Masters in Education Admission/Entrance Test. Candidates will be finalized on the basis of their performance on the entrance test. However, the application process for the M.Ed program will soon be started by the university. Interested candidates who want to pursue their career in teaching and looking forward to applying at Indira Gandhi National Open University must read the complete post below.
The eligibility criteria will be determined by the officials of Indira Gandhi National Open University. Check the eligibility norms below:
- The age of the candidate must be 21 years to be eligible.
- Applicants who have completed B.A. B.Ed. /B.Sc. B.Ed. /B.Ed. with 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply.
- Reserved category candidates will be provided relaxation of 5% in the maximum qualifying marks that are required for admission.
- The reserved category will include candidates from Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)/Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Disabled Candidates.
IGNOU M.Ed Admission 2023 Application Form
- Candidates can fill the application form through the official website of IGNOU and offline through the regional centers.
- Candidates must submit the application form before its due date with correct information.
- The Applicants will have to enter their personal and academic details in the application form such as name, father’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email id, educational details, category, etc. Candidates must provide these details carefully.
- Before submitting the details, applicants are required to go through the application form thoroughly.
- Candidates can easily pay the application fee through online and offline modes such as credit card, debit card, internet banking, or DD (Demand draft). The application fee will vary according to the categories.
- Lastly, Applicants should take out a print of the application form and the offline form must be submitted to IGNOU by speed post. Also, the candidates must not forget to submit their relevant documents along with the application form to “The Registrar (SED), Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110 068”
IGNOU M.Ed Admission 2023-24 Exam Pattern
- 2 hours will be provided to complete the entrance test.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Total questions will be 100 and total marks will be 100.
- The examination will include two sections– Part A- General English Comprehension, logical and analytical reasoning, educational and general awareness, teaching-learning, and the school. Part B- Science, Mathematics, Social Studies, English, and Hindi.
- In the entrance test, 1 mark will be rewarded for each right answer.
|Sections||Subjects||Total questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section 2||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section 3||Educational and General Awareness||25||25|
|Section 4||Teaching- Learning & The School||25||25|
|Section 5||Science, Mathematics, Social Studies, English, and Hindi||20||20|
IGNOU M.Ed Admission Procedure
The admission to the M.Ed program will be done through the M.Ed Entrance Test which is organized by the authority of Indira Gandhi National Open University.
The result and merit list of the entrance examination will be published on the official website of the university. It will contain the name of the shortlisted students who will be further called for the counseling process and document verification.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official web portal of Indira Gandhi National Open University?
Ans. The official website is www.ignou.ac.in
Question: Where to register for IGNOU M.Ed admission 2023?
Ans. Candidates are required to register through the online website of IGNOU.
Question: When will IGNOU begin the online registration for the M.Ed program 2023?
Ans. The online registration will begin in the month of July 2023.
Question: On what basis, admission to M.Ed at Indira Gandhi National Open University will be provided?
Ans. Candidates need to clear the entrance test for admission to the M.Ed program at IGNOU.
Question: What is the last date of application form submission at IGNOU?
Ans. Candidates who wish to apply for M.Ed admission at IGNOU must submit the application form before July 2023.