IGNOU M.Sc. Admission 2023: IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) offers a 2-year course in Master’s in Science (M.Sc) with three specializations – Counseling & Family Therapy, Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science and Food & Nutrition at the postgraduate level. All of these courses are taught through online mode under Open Learning and Distance Education by the School of Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies. The maximum duration of M.Sc. course can expand up to 5 years. The admission to M.Sc. course at IGNOU is based on the academic performance of the students during the bachelor’s degree. Candidates should hold a graduation degree in relevant subjects for taking admission in M.Sc. at IGNOU.
Students must also acquire minimum qualifying marks in subjects that are either PCM or PCB. The fees vary as per specializations, so students should check the fee criteria through the official website of IGNOU. Students need to fill out the application form before the deadlines, and the application fee for the same is Rs. 200. IGNOU offers M.Sc. course through distance mode as it is preferable for the students to complete their postgraduation degree while working or due to any cause. This article covers all the important topics about IGNOU M.Sc. Admission 2023 for instance Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Required Documents, Job Profiles, Scope, Etc.
IGNOU M.Sc. Admission 2023 Overview
|Duration of the Course||3 years|
|Maximum Duration||Four years|
|Course Fees||INR 33, 600|
|Maximum Age||No limit|
|Minimum Age||No limit|
|IGNOU Official Website||www.ignou.ac.in.|
IGNOU M.Sc. Admission 2023 Important Dates
|IGNOU M.Sc. 2023 July Registration||Last week of May– Second week of August, 2023|
IGNOU M.Sc. Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate who possess a Bachelor’s degree with Science in a relevant stream from any recognized institution or university is eligible to secure admission into IGNOU M.Sc. Given below are the course-wise eligibility criteria for the IGNOU M.Sc. program:
For M.Sc. in Food and Nutrition (MSCDFSM):
- A degree of B.Sc. (Home Science) specialization in Food and Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetic is required. OR
- A PG Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition is required. OR
- BHHS, MBBS in Home Science/ Food Science and Technology, Microbiology Health Care, Life Science, Medical, Pharmaceutical Catering is required.
M.Sc. in Counselling and Family Therapy (MSCCFT):
- A Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in subjects like Medicine, Social Work, Child Development, Human Development and Family Studies, Child Development & Family Relationships, Human Development & Childhood Studies, Psychology, Home Science is required to be eligible. OR
- “Allied disciplines” include Anthropology, Philosophy, Sociology, MBBS, Education or a Bachelor’s Degree along with a Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling is necessary.
M.Sc in Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science (MACS):
- A candidate must hold a graduate degree with a Major, or Honours in Mathematics with an aggregate of 50% marks.
IGNOU M.Sc. Admission 2023 Application Form
Here are the necessary steps to apply online for admission into M.Sc. at the IGNOU:
- Go to the authorized web portal of IGNOU www.ignou.ac.in.
- Hit the tab“ Register Online” and choose the “Fresh Admission” menu from the homepage.
- You will be redirected to another tab and click on the two options such as “Registered User Login” and “Click Here for New Registration”.
- After clicking on the “New Registration” button and fill in all the required details for the registration.
- Once all the necessary information is filled, hit the submit button.
- The username will instantly be sent to the applicant’s registered email id & phone number.
- After that login to the application form using the login credentials.
- Fill out your personal details, education qualification details, and course details in the required fields in the form.
- After filling the application form, make the payment of the application fee through UPI/ Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- Submit the duly filled form and take a printout of the same for additional references.
- Scanned Passport Sized Photograph
- Scanned Signature of the Candidate
- Copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of Educational Qualification, Experience Certificate (if any)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC) and BPL Certificate, if below poverty line
IGNOU M.Sc. Fee Structure
IGNOU offers M.Sc. program with four semesters that means a student will have to submit the course fee twice a year. The time entitled to complete this degree is between two years. Students will be able to apply to this programme through online mode. Candidates are required to pay a sum of Rs. 33,600 in total to complete their degree.
- Manager/ Executive (Senior/ Assistant/ Junior)
- Research Assistant
- Laboratory Technician
- Food and Drug Inspector
- Chemical Analyst
- Junior Research Fellow
IGNOU Distance Course in M.Sc. is a good and professional course framed for the students who are good in science and mathematics subjects. Scope always depends on students’ sincerity and capability because all the courses have qualitative and quantitative. IGNOU is a very good university that offers correspondence courses, helps students attain exceptional goals from the studied program.
Students are required to grab great opportunities by proclaiming the excellent capability and it will be effective for professional and educational growth.