The online application process for PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications) at Indira Gandhi National Open University starts at its official website i.e. www.ignou.ac.in. This program is prepared for the productive careers of students in the software industry. This diploma program includes 12 courses with 36 credits. To get admission to IGNOU PGDCA, candidates have to fill the online application form before the last date. Only those candidates who have passed a bachelor’s degree in the concerned field are eligible to apply for the course. Get the complete information related to IGNOU PGDCA Admission 2023 from the full post below.
- Those applicants who have passed a Bachelor’s degree of a minimum of 3 years with Mathematics as a compulsory subject at 12th or graduation level from a recognized university can apply for admission.
- Those students who have not studied mathematics in his/ her 10+2, then they need to pass BCS 12 as an additional subject along with PGDCA.
IGNOU PGDCA Admission Criteria 2023
The selection process for IGNOU PGDCA is based on merit obtained by the student in the last qualifying examination. Candidates willing to get admission to IGNOU PGDCA can fill the application form in both online and offline mode.
- Candidates must visit the online admission portal of Indira Gandhi National Open University i.e. www.ignou.ac.in.
- Register on the website using email ID and phone number
- Log in using the credentials and fill in the admission form and upload the required documents in the application form
- Pay the admission fee via any online payment mode such as net banking, debit card or credit card.
- Submit the IGNOU PGDCA and take a printout of the same.
- Candidates have to download the IGNOU prospectus from its authorized web portal.
- Fill in the form with all your details and attach the required documents along with the form.
- Visit any regional centers of Indira Gandhi National Open University and submit the form before the due date only.
- Scanned Photograph of the candidate
- Scanned Signature
- Age Proof Certificate
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification
- Experience Certificate (if any)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate (if applicable)
PGDCA Course Details
The PGDCA program offered at IGNOU is a one-year course that has been divided into 2 semesters. The 1st semester begins from January to June, and the 2nd semester is from July to December.
The examination is organized two times a year, once in the month of June for the first semester, and another in the month of December, for the second-semester course. Though the duration of the course is 1 year, it can be extended for a maximum duration of 4 years.
The IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications includes 12 courses worth 36 credits. Those students who have not studied Mathematics as a main subject at the 10+2 level are required to pass the BCS-012 course simultaneously. The medium of instruction in the English language.
IGNOU PGDCA 2023 Syllabus
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Computer Organization and Assembly Language Programming
- Discrete Mathematics
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Communication Skills
- Internet Concepts and Web Design
- C and Assembly Language Programming Lab
- Data and File Structures
- Operating System Concepts and Networking Management
- Introduction to Database Management System
- Object-Oriented Technologies and Java Programming
- Lab (Data Structures using C, My SQL, MS-ACCESS, UNIX/ LINUX, Java WINDOWS 2000)
IGNOU PGDCA 2023 Fee Structure
|Semester I||INR 10, 800|
|Semester II||INR 10, 800|
|Total||INR 21, 600|
|BCS- 012 Fees (For Non-Maths Students)||INR 1, 400|