IGRUA or Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi conducts an Entrance Exam for admission into Commercial Pilot License (CPL) course. The examination usually takes place in the month of August. The official notification and examination schedule for IGRUA 2023 will be updated online on the official website. Selection of the participants is done on the basis of the online entrance test, interview/ viva, and pilot aptitude test. IGRUA is a flying training institute where aspirants are trained to become a Commercial Pilot. Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi Entrance Exam (IGRUA EE) is held to shortlist eligible candidates for the CPL course. The official dates are not announced yet, however the entrance exam is expected to be held in the third week of May 2023.
Appearing candidates must get the exam pattern and start their preparation in accordance with the updated syllabus. IGRUA CPL is a different kind of entrance exam that tests a pilot aptitude of the student and suitability for becoming a professional pilot. Consequently, without a good preparation and understanding, students can not qualify for the exam.
IGRUA 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||IGRUA Commercial Pilot License Exam|
|Exam conducting authority||Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi|
|Number of Seats||90|
|Negative marking||Not Applicable|
IGRUA 2023 Important Dates
|Events||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Last date for submitting the form with offline payment mode||3rd week of April 2023|
|Last date for submitting the form with the online payment mode||4th week of April 2023|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of May 2023|
|IGRUA Online Written Test||3rd week of May 2023|
|Interview and Viva Schedule Release||1st week of June 2023|
|Interview/Viva and Pilot Aptitude Test||4th week of June 2023|
|Final Result||1st week of July 2022|
|Last Date for paying Commitment Money||4th week of July 2023|
|Date of Joining First Batch||2nd week of August 2023|
- Age Criteria: The age of the candidate should be 17 years age at the time of admission.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have cleared a 10+2 level of education in Physics, English and
- Mathematics is a compulsory subject. They must secure minimum aggregate marks in Physics and Maths i.e. 55% for General category candidates and 50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates (NCL).
Reservation of Seats:
|Category||Number of Seats|
IGRUA 2023 Application Process
Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA) releases application form on their official website. All the details about IGRUA Admission Online Registration are mentioned below:
- Candidates can only fill up the IGRUA Entrance Exam Application form 2023 only after he/ she has paid the application fee successfully.
- Application Procedure will consist of the following steps: registration, providing personal and educational qualification details, uploading the scanned images of photograph an sign and making application fee payment.
- The candidates will have to provide each and every details as asked in the application form.
- After that, applicants need to upload/ attach their recent passport size photograph and signature in JPG/ JPEG format with the mentioned prescriptions.
Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode- Debit Card/Credit Card/ SBI Net Banking. The IGRUA EE 2023 Application Fee for various categories is as follows;
|General and OBC candidates||INR 12,000/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Exempted|
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be having multiple-choice questions.
- Duration: The candidates will get total 120 minutes (2 hours) to solve the entire paper.
- Marking Scheme: There will be no provision of negative marking for the wrong answer.
a) Written Examination
|Ab-initio to CPL||1 paper of 2 hrs duration||General English, Mathematics, Physics, and Reasoning (10+2 level)|
- It will be conducted in online mode i.e. CBT mode.
- There will be five sections in the exam: English, Physics, Mathematics, General Awareness, Reasoning.
- Each section will hold the same marks.
- All the questions will be prepared on 12th standard course.
- Candidates who clear the written test will be allowed to appear for the interview round and the candidates who qualify the interview round will have to finally appear for the Pilot Aptitude Test.
- The applicants who clear the Aptitude test will finally clear this exam.
- The selected candidates in Written Examination will have to take up the Pilot Aptitude Test and Interview. A merit list will be released for different categories of candidates as per Government of India guidelines.
b) Interview / Viva
All shortlisted candidates will have to produce the following documents in original as well as in photocopy:
- Proof of Date of Birth ( 10th Class certificate )
- 10th Mark sheet
- 10+2 Mark sheet
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC Candidates
- A Certificate from the competent authority stating that the OBC Candidate does not belong to Creamy layer.
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section) category certificate.
- Admit Card
c) Pilot Aptitude Test / Psychometric Test
Only candidates qualifying in Pilot Aptitude / Psychometric Test shall be eligible for final selection. SC/ST/EWS/OBC Candidates in Pilot Aptitude/ Psychometric Test will not get any relaxations.
d) Commitment Money
All SC / ST / EWS / OBC Candidates will have to pay commitment money of Rs. 2 Lakh in order to secure their seat.