IIIT Admission 2023: IIIT is a short form for International Institute of Information Technology. It is a popular institute that was established in the year 1998 and is ranked among the top colleges of India. At present, the institute offers two undergraduate courses and four postgraduate programmes. Besides this, it also offers admission in two doctoral courses in Engineering and Sciences. Those candidates who aspire to pursue their higher education from IIIT should prepare for the entrance exam as this institute only enroll candidates who pass their entrance test and interview. Moreover, aspirants can apply online to participate in the entrance exam by visiting the official website of IIIT. They must submit the application for the entrance exam on or before the allotted date.
After applying, those candidates will have to appear for the test and successfully qualified candidates will be enrolled to the concerned IIIT’s. The institutes are situated in Calcutta, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Allahabad, and Bhubaneswar. All these institutes are regulated by the government directly, however a few of them are managed by public and private organisations. To know more thorough information about IIIT Admission 2023 such as exam dates, eligibility criteria, registration form, registration fee, exam pattern, result, counselling, etc. read the full post below.
IIIT Admission 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam||IIIT Admission 2023|
|Full form||International Institute of Information Technology|
|Conducting body||International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Exam Type||UG & PG|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of the Exam||Online & Offline|
IIIT Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Application form availability date||February 2023|
|End to submit the application form||April 2023|
|Admit card release date||April 2023|
|IIIT 2023 Exam Date||April 2023|
|Shortlist for Interview||June 2023|
The information regarding the eligibility criteria is provided below for the individuals interested in this course:
- Only Indian candidates can appear for IIIT Entrance Exam and Interview.
- Aspirants who have successfully passed 12th/ HSC from a known university or board are eligible.
- The applicant who is from the general category need to have achieved 50% of the score in their higher education.
- The applicant who belongs to the reserved category need to have secured a minimum of 45% of the score in their last qualifying exam.
- Applicants who are appearing for their intermediate examination can apply for the test but they will have to submit their scorecard at the time of the admission.
IIIT Admission 2023 Application Form
It is necessary for the candidate to follow the application procedure steps for IIIT Admission as given below:
- Go to the official page of International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad and then apply.
- Candidate needs to click on the option of “Courses” presented there.
- Now, you need to choose the desired program and click on it.
- In the next step, select the course and the channel for applying and click on the relevant link.
- After that, you will be registered as a new user by providing your valid email id and a password.
- Through this way, you can log in to your profile by entering your credentials and then fill up the form with personal as well as your academic details in the required fields.
- Upload/ Attach a scanned copy of the signature and the photograph and pay the obligatory application fee via the available payment facilities.
- The application fee to apply for B.Tech course for male applicants is Rs.650/- and that of female applicants is Rs. 325/-
- For the candidates who wish to apply for B.Tech and MS by UGEE and research will have to make the payment of Rs. 2000/- as the application fee.
- For the Olympiad / KVPY, candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs.1500/-
- If you are applying for MS PGEE/ M.Tech then you will have to pay Rs. 2000/- as the application charges.
- The administration department will prepare the question paper with the objective sort queries i.e. MCQ together with short & subjective questions also.
- The queries paper will be having questions from subjects like- Mathematical aptitude, General ability and Reasoning.
- The weightage as per the subjects are mentioned below:
Mathematical aptitude – 20%
General aptitude – 15%
Reasoning – 15%
IIIT Admission 2023 result will be accessible on the official web portal of the Institute, Applicants will be able to get the relevant link for result on the official portal of the institute. Participant can obtain his/ her result just by providing particulars such as Email ID, DOB & Roll No., Application Number or Verification Code. Once the result is displayed on your screen, you must download a print copy of the same for further usage.
Applicants will get the merit list on the main website of the exam conducting institute. There, they will be able to see whether they are selected for the counseling or not. Seat allotment for the candidates will be done on the basis of the merit list and their category. After the allotment of all the seats, a waiting list will also be out on the official web site of the same.
The candidates who have their names on the waiting list will be offered the rest of the seats remaining from the quota. There will be four rounds of counseling in total. The candidates needs to report for the counseling session in person on or before the last date of counselling in order to confirm his/ her seat.