Every year, the official authorities conduct an admission test known as the IIMC Entrance Exam 2022. The Indian Institute of Mass Communication is abbreviated as IIMC. The IIMC Entrance Exam 2022 will be held at the university level by the official authorities of the Indian Institute of Mass Communication. The main aim of the IIMC Entrance Exam is to provide eligible students with mass communication skills, education, and research. The IIMC is an Indian Media Centre of Study that is funded and supported by the Indian Government in New Delhi. It was established under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, as a self-governing organization. Check here all detail about the IIMC Application form 2022.
IIMC Application Form 2022: Dates
The essential details concerning the important events and estimated dates for the entrance test are listed below for applicants’ reference.
|Online Application Commencement||April 2022|
|Final Date of Online Application||May 2022|
|Entrance Exam Admit Card||May 2022|
|Entrance Exam 2022||May 2022|
|Answer Key Release||June 2022|
|Exam Results||June 2022|
|GD/Personal Interview||July 2022|
|Final Selections||July 2022|
IIMC Application Form 2022
This section contains essential information on the process of filling out the IIMC Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form for the aspirant’s reference.
- You have the option of filling out the application form online or through offline mode.
- The applicant must choose either English or Hindi journalism and complete the application form appropriately.
- From the third week of March 2022, application forms will be available.
- There will be a distinct application form for each of the courses.
- If you’re filling out an offline application form, you’ll need a black ink pen.
- You will also need to attach a passport-sized picture to the application form.
- It is critical to properly fill out all of the fields. A form that is incorrectly filled out will be rejected.
- If you’re submitting an offline form, you’ll also need to include a demand draft.
IIMC Application fee
The application cost would be Rs.1500 for general applicants and Rs.1000 for reserved categories. If the applicant fills out the online application form, he may pay using a debit/credit card or if offline, then through a DD made payable to “IIMC New Delhi.”
The essential information about the IIMC Entrance Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria is included below in this part for the applicants’ reference.
- Nationality: In order to apply for the admission test, the applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
- Internationality: Non-Residential Indians (NRIs) are excluded from the admission test since they may apply straight to the official authorities’ Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
- Age limit: For the entrance test, only aspirants born on or after August 1, 1996, in the case of the general category, and born on or after August 1, 1993, in the case of the OBC category, and born on or after August 1, 1991, in the case of the reserved category, would be able to apply.
- Educational Requirements: Only those aspirants who have finished a Bachelor’s degree in any subject from a recognized university or institution will be eligible to apply for the admission test.
- Minimum Marks: Only those candidates who received a minimum of 50% or above in the qualifying test are eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
- Candidates Appearing: Candidates who are taking the final year of the examination are also eligible to take the entrance test.
IIMC Exam Pattern
The essential information about the IIMC Entrance Exam 2022 Exam Paper Pattern for the entrance exam preparation is included below in this part for the aspirants’ reference.
- Test Format: The applicant will be required to take the entrance exam in offline mode, which is a pen and paper-based written exam.
- Time Duration: The applicant will have a maximum of two hours to complete the full entrance exam question paper.
- Language: Depending on the language chosen by the aspirant, the medium of the entrance exam question paper will differ for each aspirant.
- Total Number of Questions: The entrance test will include a total of 5 questions, as determined by the official authorities.
- Total Marks: Each question in the entrance test will be worth a maximum of 15 to 20 marks, depending on the weightage of the question.
- Types of Questions: The entrance test question paper will include descriptive style questions.
IIMC Exam Syllabus
The essential information about the IIMC Entrance Test 2022 Exam Syllabus for the entrance exam preparation is included below in this part for the candidates’ guidance.
- Comprehension skills
- Analytical skills
- Sensitivity to social issues
- Brand awareness and recall
- Ethics and values
- Social consciousness
- General awareness concerning development and issues of public
- Lateral thinking capabilities
Syllabus for Journalism Program
- Analytical and Comprehension Skills
- General Awareness
- Aptitude and Mental Make up
- International Development
- Language Capability
Syllabus for Advertising and Public Relations
- General Awareness
- Lateral Thinking Capabilities
- Aptitude and Mental Make-Up
- Analytical and Comprehension Skills
- Language capability
- Quantification skills
- Brand Awareness and Recall
IIMC 2022 Counselling
The university will undertake the counselling process for those who passed the admission test. IIMC GD and PI rounds will follow after the counselling process. Applicants who have been shortlisted in these rounds will get a call letter for admission. They need come to their assigned facility with all necessary papers within the specified time frame to ensure their admission. Applicants must fulfill all procedures in order to have their seats frozen.