IIST Admission 2024: IIST known as Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology is one of the most reputed institutes in India that grants admission to the eligible individuals in courses such as space sciences, space applications and space technology. The university does not commence any entrance examination to provide admission in UG, PG and Doctorate courses. However the only basis of providing admission is on the basis of national level examinations such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, UGC NET, JEST, GATE, etc. Candidates attaining qualifying marks in these above examinations will be granted admission to the desired course. Apart from that, they also need to meet certain eligibility requirements in order to apply for the admission at IIST.
IIST Admission 2024 Highlights
|Name of the admission process||IIST Admission 2024|
|Full-form of the institute||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology|
|Exam level||National level|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG and Doctorate courses|
|Application mode||Online mode|
IIST Admission 2024 Important Dates
|Brochure Courses Admission Date Release||1st week of May 2024|
|Online Registration Form date||May 2024|
|Final date of online registration form||June 2024|
|Last date for remitting the application fee in Bank||June 2024|
|Rank list release||June 2024|
|Counselling date start||July 2024|
|Date of online application form release||Second week of April 2024|
|Online applications form submission due date||May 2024|
|Fee submission last date||May 2024|
|Shortlisted students Interview date||May 2024|
|Interview round||June 2024|
|Interview result declaration||June 2024|
|Counselling starts||July 2024|
|Release dates for application Form||December 2024|
|Last date for application form submission||December 2024|
|Fee submission due date||December 2024|
|Display list of shortlisted candidates for Interview/ Test||December 2024|
|Interview Dates||December 2024|
|Display of provisionally selected candidates||December 2024|
|Session starts||January 2025|
For UG Courses:
- Citizenship: Only Indian citizenship candidates will be eligible to apply for IIST admission.
- Age Limit: Candidates belonging to General, OBC and EWS categories must be born on or after 1st October 1998 and candidates of reserved category will also get 5-year relaxation.
- Qualification: Candidates should have cleared 10+2 examination conducted by any recognized board/ university.
- Marks: Applicants should attain at least 75% for the general category & 65% for the reserved category (OBC, SC/ ST).
- Subjects: They must pass the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as mandatory subjects.
- Entrance Test: Admission will be based on the scores of intermediate and JEE Advanced 2024.
For PG Courses:
- Age Limit: The age limit of the candidate should not exceed 32 years. Age relaxation will be applicable for the candidates belonging to reserved category.
- Qualifications: B.E/ B. Tech/ M.Sc. or equivalent degree is required from any recognized institution.
- Marks Criteria: A minimum marks of 60% for general / EWS and OBC categories and minimum of 55% for reserved category applicants is required.
- Score Card: A valid score of JEST/ GATE/ UGC NET exam is mandatory.
IIST Admission 2024 Application Form
- The registration form for IIST can be acquired through online method.
- Open the official website of the IIST which is www.iist.ac.in.
- Hit the Registration button and then the signup button.
- After that, signup by providing your mobile number, email, name, and other important particulars.
- Confirm your registration by entering email received from IIST.
- Login to the official website and click on the registration form.
- Fill up the registration form using correct details followed by documents and certificates uploading.
- On the payment page, pay the application fee using UPI, credit/ debit card, net banking, etc. methods.
- After paying the application fee, download the receipt of payment confirmation and save it along with the application form for further uses.
|Categories||UG Application Fee||PG Application Fee|
|ST/ SC/ PWD and Female General & OBC applicants||Rs.125||Rs.300|
|Male General/ OBC applicants||Rs.600||–|
Candidates will get shortlisted based on JEE Main scores and their rank in merit list. Here is the IIST selection process for UG & PG Programmes:
The admission is granted considering the candidates’ performance in JEE Advanced Exam 2024. If candidates wish to secure admission to UG Courses, then they should pass both the exams i.e. JEE Main & JEE Advanced. After they clear both exams, the official authorities of IIST will generate the rank list for the registered candidates for IIST Admission.
For the IIST PG Course Admission 2024, individuals will be chosen on the basis of their scores in GATE/ JEST/ UGC NET examination. After qualifying for these, all the candidates can appear for the interview session which is organized by the institution. Candidates must carry all the documents during the interview time.
IIST Merit List 2024 will be published on the official website of IIST only. In the merit list, all the names of the selected candidates for their respective courses will be outlined. The candidates mentioned on the merit list need to further participate in the admission session organized by the institute.
IIST will organize the counseling session in order to invite candidates who have gained more than the minimum cut-off marks in the qualifying exams. It will be held via offline meetup where candidates need to visit to block/ confirm their seat for the course that they want to choose. At the venue, produce all the documents that are required for admission. After booking the seat, candidates will be allocated a time frame to submit the admission fee which will confirm their seat.