VOCLET 2024: Application form will be released soon online. VOCLET is a short form for Vocational Lateral Entry Test which is an entry gateway for the people who wish to pursue polytechnic courses from the second year. This exam is commenced by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE) to grant admission to the eligible aspirants in the diploma courses in polytechnic, electronics, and technology. Interested applicants need to be eligible for this programme and submit the application form within the due date. Qualifying candidates will be enrolled to the diploma courses in government and private institutions located in the state of West Bengal. Aspirants willing to take admission in the same will need to fill the application form online mode by visiting the authorized website. This exam takes place every year on state level.
VOCLET 2024 Overview
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Category of Examination||Under Graduate|
|Courses||Diploma courses in polytechnic, electronics and technology|
|Exam Conducted body||West Bengal State Council of Technical Education|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper based|
VOCLET 2024 Important Dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Starting of application form||First week of March 2023|
|Application form due date||First to third week of April 2023|
|Submit the marks of their qualifying examination from||April 2023|
|Availability of admit card||April 2023|
|Exam date||First week of May 2023|
- A citizen of India can apply.
- There is no age limit to appear for the Exam.
- Those candidates who have passed or appeared in class XII of the West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development or passed 2 years’ ITI and Intermediate or equivalent exam are eligible for the exam.
- Appliers who have appeared in ITI can not apply.
- Applicants who have done the vocational courses from Councils/ Boards other than West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development will not be able to apply for exam.
VOCLET 2024 Application Form
WB Polytechnic Application Form will be disclosed shortly on the official website of the board. Those applicants seeking admission in diploma courses in polytechnic, electronics, and technology in all Public, Government Aided and Self-Financed Polytechnics institutions; they can appear by filling the application form accurately. The application form filling procedure is as follows:
- First of all, candidates must open the official website of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE).
- Complete the registration step by clicking on the link of‘ New Registration’ and fill in the details like as the name of applicants, date of birth, email id, and valid mobile number.
- After entering all the details, submit these and applicants will receive their user ID and password to fill the application form.
- With the help of user ID and password, applicants can acquire the application form and they can provide all the correct and complete details similar as personal and educational details.
- After that, appliers need to upload their scrutinized crucial documents in the application form. Submit the particulars only after verifying all the details entered. Remember to take a printout of it for future use.
- Applicants must pay a sum of Rs.450/- (Rs.225/- for Kanyashree enrollees) as the application fee through online payment gateways.
- In the case of offline mode, candidates should make a payment of Rs. 500/- (Rs.250/- for the Kanyashree application fee) as the necessary application fee.
- The exam will going to be held in the offline mode.
- There will be 2 papers i.e. I Paper and II Paper.
- Paper, I will have subjects such as Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry, and Paper-II will be for Computer and Mechanics.
- The candidate has to solve 200 Questions that will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- The time limit to complete the exam is 1 hour.
- Total marks will be 100.
- The applicant will receive 1 mark for providing each correct answer and lose 0.25 marks for providing an incorrect answer.
- Mathematics: 20 questions for 20 marks
- Physics: 20 questions carrying 20 marks
- Chemistry: 20 questions carrying 20 marks
- Mechanics: 20 questions for 20 marks
- Computer: 20 questions for 20 marks
On the official webpage of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (which is the exam conducting board), the candidates will be able to get the the VOCLET Result/ Merit List. It will be released a few weeks after the completion of entrance test. Those applicants who have taken the examination; they can obtain their outcome through online mode by visiting the official website of the board. To check the result, aspirants should click on the result link, and they can see their result in a PDF form. Participants will receive a award letter within 1 year of the declaration of result.
- By participating in the counselling process, candidates will secure admission to various Polytechnics/ Technological colleges and institutes based in the state of West Bengal.
- Complete information relating to counselling will be obtained from the official website.
- During the counselling method, the document verification and seat allotment procedure will take place. Candidates can produce their essential documents for the counselling.
- Candidates of reserved class should provide their Caste Certificate during counselling.
- In case, a candidate is not able to provide any of the specified documents, then his/ her admission will be rejected by the board.