The IUCAA – NCRA Admission Test is abridged as INAT, and it is used to gain admission to the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) in Pune and the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA) in Pune in order to pursue a research scholarship for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) whether at IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR.
Young academics in equipment, terrestrial and space-based investigations, and data processing, theoretical astrophysics, gravitational wave astrophysics, and cosmology benefit from IUCAA’s demanding possibilities. Individuals may apply for this test based on their qualification by completing out the Online Application form, and several individuals could participate in this exam each year.
The UGC established the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) in Pune as an independent organization. It’s a fantastic research center for astronomy, astrophysics, and physics. The center is located on the campus of Savitribai Phule Pune University. It would be in charge of projects such as the Southern African Large Telescope, the Aditya L1 mission, and the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT), among others.
INAT Exam 2023 Important Dates
Students should examine some of the key dates for the test listed below.
|Online Application Commencement||September 2023|
|Application Last Date||September 2023|
|Date of Exam||December 2023|
|Date of Interview||Mid-December 2023|
All applicants should verify their eligibility requirements prior to completing the online application, and the specifics of the eligibility criteria are given below for candidates to review prior to applying.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 55 percent in M.Sc., Integrated B.Sc., M.Sc., or B.Tech./ M.E./B.E./ M. Tech. degrees.
- The latest certifying degree examination must have a minimum proportion of marks of 55 percent or higher.
- Applicants with an M.E., B.Tech., B.E., or M.Tech. degree in any discipline, or a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Astronomy, Electronics, Physics, or Applied Mathematics.
- Those who have finished their M.Sc./ M.E./ Integrated M.Sc./M.Tech. degrees before July 2023 would be able to apply to both IUCAA and NCRA-Ph.D. TIFR’s programs.
- Candidates would be chosen for the Ph.D. program at IUCAA and the Integrated Ph.D. program at NCRA-TIFR based on their B.E./B.Tech. degree qualifications.
- Applicants would be chosen for the NCRA-TIFR Integrated Ph.D. program and for pre-selection to the IUCAA Ph.D. program based on their B.Sc. degree grades.
INAT Exam 2023 Application Form
Candidates can apply for science scholarships from the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) in Pune and the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA) in Pune by filling out the Online Application and Evaluation Form online at the official web page. Candidates who want to accomplish their research programs and receive research scholarships from the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) in Pune and the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA) in Pune can apply on the basis of their Details about the application form may be found below.
- The registration form will be available in the final week of September, and submission instructions would be given.
- The evaluation form would be accessible online on the official site, and applicants would need to register in order to fill it out.
- Upon providing login credentials, applicants would get the Online Application as well as the Assessment Form, which they must submit along with the reference report.
- A screening committee comprised of IUCAA and NCRA faculty members evaluates the registration forms and shortlists them.
- There’ll be no application cost paid via authorities.
Students are encouraged to use the exam pattern to understand the structure of the question paper which will help them prepare successfully. The test pattern would include all of the exam’s specifics.
- Time to complete the INAT test: 2 hours
- The question paper would be divided into three sections: Part A, Part B, and Part C.
- Part A will consist of seventeen Objective Type Questions covering fundamental math, physics, and electronics.
- Part B will consist of seventeen objective-type questions covering advanced physics, math, and electronics/engineering.
- In Parts A and B, every question has four possible answers. Applicants must choose the right option and mark the answer.
- Three marks would be given for each right answer.
- Part C will consist of six questions drawn from both fundamental and intermediate studies in the areas mentioned above.
- The answers to Part C questions would be three-digit integers.
- Three marks would be given for each right answer.
- In this exam, there’s also no negative marking for incorrect answers. Applicants who pass the written exam will be invited to participate in two interviews.
INAT 2023 Result
The IUCAA and NCRA Pune shall publish the INAT results on their respective websites for those who took the entrance test. Those who took the exam may verify their results online by checking the official site. Candidates must enter the necessary information in the appropriate site to check the results, and candidates would be selected for admission based on the marks achieved on the test.
Applicants would be chosen for an interview process and must present all required papers to the interview for validation. Smartphones, digital notebooks, computers, and other electronic devices are not permitted in the testing and interview rooms.
INAT 2023 Counselling
The counseling timetable would be disclosed once the results are announced. Registration begins with counselling and concludes with reporting to assigned institutions for document verification. To participate in the counselling round, applicants must first register online. After registering, they would have to complete out the course and college selection forms. Admission would be granted based on the choices made, seat availability, reservations, and other factors.