Indian Coast Guard organizes entrance tests for the recruitment for vacant posts in Indian Coast Guard Navik General Duty (GD) and Navik domestic branch (DB), Yantrik, and Others. It is a great opportunity for the people who are interested in making their career in the Indian Coast Guard, they must utilize this chance by applying online for the same. The entrance exam for these posts is conducted in the written mode. The exam is organized at the national level. Candidates will have to undergo several phases for the recruitment of these posts for instance:
- Written Test
- Physical fitness test (PFT)
- Medical examination
- Merit List
Interested aspirants can get all the other information regarding Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2024 by reading the article till the end. Here we have listed important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2024 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Indian Coast Guard|
|Conducting body||Indian Coast Guard|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Medium of Exam||Hindi and English|
|Exam Purpose||To recruit candidates for Indian Coast Guard posts such as GD, DB, Yantrik, and Others.|
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2024 Important Dates
|Official Notification release date||June 2024|
|Online registration begins from||July 2024|
|Online registration closes on||July 2024|
|Admit card availability from||To be updated|
|Written exam on||To be announced|
|Entrance exam result||To be announced|
- Navik (GD), Yantrik: Candidates should have been born between Aug 1, 2000 to Jul 31, 2004 in order to be eligible.
- Navik (DB): Candidates who have been born between Oct 1, 2000, to Sep 30, 2004, can apply.
- For Navik (GD): Candidates must be 12th passed with Maths and Physics from the Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE).
- For Navik (DB): Applicants must have cleared class 10th from the Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE).
- Yantrik: Aspirants should have passed class 10th examination from Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE) and Diploma in Mechanical/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Telecommunication (Radio/ Power) Engineering (3/ 4 years) by AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education).
Indian Coast Guard 2024 Application Process
- The online application form for Indian Coast Recruitment 2024 will be released online at www.joinindiancoastguard.cdac.in.
- All the candidates must follow the instructions for registration with an e-mail ID or mobile number.
- The applicants should make sure that the validity of e-mail and mobile numbers at least up to 30 June 2024.
- It should be clear that the applicant can apply for only one post i.e. either Navik (GD) or Navik (DB) or Yantrik (Mechanical) or Yantrik (Electronics) or Yantrik (Electrical) in one cycle.
- The candidature of the applicant will be canceled if there will be multiple applications applied by the candidate for more than one post.
- In case there are multiple applications for one selected post, then it will also result in the cancellation of candidature.
- The applicants got to pay Rs. 250/- as the examination fee via online modes. SC/ ST applicants are exempted from the Examination fee.
Indian Coast Guard Selection Process
The candidates will be selected on the basis of three stages listed below:
- Written Examination
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Examination
- Merit List
- The examination will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions.
- It will cover topics from English, Physics, Reasoning, Mathematics, Basic Chemistry, Current Affairs, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Questions will be asked based on the 12th level.
- Candidates who will qualify for the written test will be further appearing for Physical Fitness Test.
- Candidates need to carry some documents on the day of the exam. Documents are:
3 copies of Admit card with the latest photograph
Valid identity proof such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card, Voter I-Card, Pan Card, or any other photo identity proof, etc.
2 Printed copies of the application form
10 Recent color passport size photographs
10th pass certificate and mark sheet in original
Original 12th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Those candidates who fail to bring these documents will not be given permission to sit in the exam.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
- It will be conducted for two days for the candidates who score cutoff marks in the written exam.
- Physically handicapped candidates will not be allowed to sit in the exam
- Candidates will have to meet the following parameters:
6 Km run must be completed in 7 minutes
20 Squat ups
- Candidates should wear comfortable sports shoes, clothes, etc.
- Shortlisted candidates who will qualify for the entrance test and physical fitness test need to clear the last stage i.e. Medical Examination.
- Military doctors will conduct medical examinations for such candidates.
- See the parameters of the Medical examination below:
|Weight||Comparative To Height And Age + 10 Percentage Acceptable|
|Visual standard||6/6 (Better Eye) & 6/9 (Worse Eye) (Candidates using spectacles are not eligible)|
|Tattoo||A permanent tattoo on any part of the body is not accepted/allowed.|
Those candidates who clear all the above three stages will get their names in the merit list. The merit list will be prepared by the official authority of the Indian Coast Guard. After that nominated candidates will have to report for the document verification of all original documents. In case the documents are reported fake or not genuine, then the candidate will be terminated by the official authority.
Indian Coast Guard Salary
Upon joining, a Navik in the Indian Coast Guard will get a basic pay of Rs 21700 (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances (based on nature of duty/location of posting). A Navik can be promoted up to the post of Pradhan Adhikari with a salary of Rs 47600 (Pay Level – 8) with DA (Dearness Allowance). Apart from basic salary and allowances, a Navik is granted free ration, medical treatment, clothing, government accommodation for self and family on nominal rate, canteen, and various loan facilities. After retirement also, they will be benefited from medical facilities.