Indian Railway Jobs 2023: Indian Railways is known to be one of the most prestigious jobs in India. Every year a lakhs of candidates apply for jobs in Railways, however only a few get chance to serve in Indian Railways. There are many posts under the department of railways. Candidates can apply to the post of their choice via the official website of Indian Railways. Indian Railway Recruitment Board releases various vacancies for technical and non technical departments such as RRB NTPC, RRB JE, ASM, SSE, Ticket Collector, apprentice post, group D level 1, and various others.
The exams are divided into 4 groups i.e. Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D. Those candidates who have passed 10th standard, 12th standard, Diploma, Graduation, or Post Graduation can apply for the different vacancies in the RRB. However, their age must fall in the age group between 18-33 years. The conducting body releases RRB E-Call letters around 4 days before the commencement of exam.
Indian Railway Jobs 2023 Posts
There are various posts under Indian Railway such as:
- General Manager
- Cultural Quota
- Scouts & Guides Quota
- Sports Quota
- Medical Practitioner
- Ticket Collected
Indian Railway Jobs 2023 Highlights
|Recruitment board||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Name of the organization||Indian Railways|
|Level of exam||National|
|Mode of the exam||Online/ CBT|
|Time allotted||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Language||English and Hindi|
Indian Railway Jobs 2023 Important Schedule
|Official notification release date||March 2023|
|Application process commencement||March 2023|
|Last date to apply||March 2023|
|Admit card release date||To be released|
|Entrance exam date||September|
- The age of the applying candidates must be between 18 years to 33 years.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for recruitment in Indian Railways.
- Candidates must have passed SSC/ HSC/ diploma/ graduation/ post-graduation from any recognized school/ university.
- Candidates must possess basic knowledge of computers.
- Applier should be fluent in his/ her local language of the specific region.
Indian Railway Jobs 2023 Categories/ Posts
Group A Category Posts:
- Indian Railway Traffic Services (IRTS)
- Indian Railway Account Services (IRAS)
- Indian Railway Personnel Services (IRPS)
- Indian Railway Protection Force (IRPF)
- Indian Railway Services of Engineers (IRSE)
- Indian Railway Stores Services (IRSS)
- Engineering Services Examination (ESE)
- Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA)
- Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineering (IRSME)
- Indian Railway Services of Electrical Engineering (IRSEE)
- Indian Railway Services of Signal Engineer (IRSSE)
- Indian Railway Medical Services (IRMS)
- IAS Allied Services
Group B Category Posts:
- Junior Engineers
- Section Officer
- Depot Material Superintendent
Group C Category Posts:
- Senior Clerk cum Typist
- Commercial Apprentice (CA)
- Traffic Assistant
- Non-Technical Posts
- Ticket Collector
- Goods Guard
- Assistance Station Master
- Traffic Apprentice (TA)
- Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist (JAA)
- Inquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC)
- Senior Time Keeper
Latest Indian Railway Jobs 2023 Application Process
- Candidates can acquire the application form from the official website of Railway Recruitment Board i.e. www.indianrailways.gov.in.
- After visiting the site, read all the guidelines carefully in the application form and apply as per the same.
- Provide all your basic details (personal details/ communicational details/ academic qualifications) correctly in the form.
- Also upload/ attach your scanned passport photo as well as signature in the specified formats.
- Double-check all the filled details in the application form.
- Submit the information and pay the application charges via the payment gateway available.
|UR/ OBC||INR 500/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 250/-|
- It will be commenced only through online mode (CBT).
- The only medium for RRB exams is Hindi and English language.
- The exam needs to be completed within 90 minutes.
- RRB Exam will have all objective-type questions.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and there will be a provision of 1/3rd negative marking in exam.
Railway Jobs Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The selection procedure includes stages as given below:
- Stage 1 – CBT
- Stage 2 – CBT
- Skill Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
- Railway Recruitment Board is responsible for short listing the eligible participants based on their performance in the qualifying test.
- The test will have questions from sections such as Mental ability, English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning and the general awareness.
- The provision of the negative marking in the test will be decided by the recruitment board only.
- To reach to the next level of the selection procedure, every applicant has to qualify the online exam first. The next level may include interview or physical test if required.
- After the final selection, candidates will be appointed to the post they have applied for during the application form filling. The initial appointment of the participant will be finalized on the probationary basis and later on, they will be designated as permanent.
Indian Railway 2023 Salary and Benefits
- Junior Clerk cum Typist: Rs. 19900
- Accounts Clerk cum Typist: Rs. 19900
- Junior Timekeeper: Rs. 19900
- Trains Clerk: Rs. 19900
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk: Rs. 21700
- Traffic Assistant: Rs. 25500
- Goods Guard: Rs. 29200
- Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk: Rs. 29200
- Senior Clerk cum Typist: Rs. 29200
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist: Rs. 29200
- Senior Time Keeper: Rs. 29200
- Commercial Apprentice: Rs. 35400
- Station Master: Rs. 35400
- Dearness Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Pension Benefits
- Medical Reimbursements