Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023: If you are the only girl in your family, then you need not worry about your fees because now the UGC University Grants Commission has taken a responsibility to fear your fees by introducing a scholarship scheme called Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme. This scheme is only applicable to the girls who are the single child of their parents. The objective of this scholarship scheme to promote daughters/girls towards higher education. The scholarship is applicable for two years after that the scholarship will not be available.
This scholarship scheme is applied to those who have taken admission or studying for a full-time postgraduate degree in any university recognized by UGC or its equivalent. Let us check all the details about the Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme in details. Read the complete article provided below.
Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023 Details
|Name of the scholarship||Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme|
|Scholarship provided by||UGC- University Grants Commission|
|Application begins||Not available|
|Last date to apply||To be notified|
|Application form||To be notified|
Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023-23 About Scholarship
The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship will only be provided to 3000 girls who will be selected from all over the country will be selected. These 3000 selected girls will be given a scholarship of Rs 36,200 (thirty-six thousand and two hundred rupees) annually.
However, it must be noted that the girls who will avail the benefit of this scholarship, will not be provided any other scholarship further this implies that the receiver can only take advantage of one scholarship. Apart from this, it is necessary that the girl child must be studying in the first year of the Postgraduate program.
To apply for this scholarship, it is important to submit the online application form. Therefore, the candidates need to register themselves through National Scholarship Portal (NSP 2.0). In the application form, candidates will have to provide various details and upload certificates. You can check the complete application process in the article.
What Eligibility is Required?
- The applicant has to be a single girl child in her family. Apart from this, the girl must have taken admission into a first-year Master’s degree.
- The applicant must be a regular student of a PG course. The scholarship will not be provided to the student who is studying Master’s degree through distance education.
- The age of the applicants must be 30 years or less than 30 years at the time of admission.
UGC (University Grants Commission) will select the students for scholarship on a merit basis and the performance of the candidates in post-graduation. This scholarship is run at All India Level by University Grants Commission. The selected 3000 girls will avail a financial aid of Rs.36, 200/-
Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme Benefits
The benefits that are provided to the girls under this scholarship are provided here:
- Financial aid of Rs.36, 200 per annum for two years for only a full-time duration course. No other grant can be availed by the students in place of medical and hostel charges.
- The scheme is applicable for 3000 students per year.
Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023 Application Form
- Firstly, the students are required to visit the official web page of the University Grants Commission i.e. www.ugc.ac.in.
- After that, click on “E-Essartes Scholarship-Fellowship” on the homepage. Now, you will see a link on the right side “Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship”.
- Now read all the instructions carefully and select the application button.
- Fill in all your required details correctly in the registration form.
- Upload all your documents as per requirements in the application form.
- Finally, submit all the details within the specified time.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the studies of next year only through the receipt of renewal.
- Students who in the case failed to get promoted to the next year/level would forfeit the scholarship.
- Any change in the course of study will not be allowed.
- The scheme will be entirely monitored by University Grants Commission.
During registration, candidates are required to attach or upload certain documents. Such list of documents is given below:
- Income certificate and Caste certificate.
- Proof of admission.
- Fee structure of the program.
- One copy of the passport size photograph with the signatures of the student.
- An affidavit of the guardian/student duly attested by the SDM/ First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Identity cards such as the Aadhaar card.
- Electricity bill.
- Birth certificate
- Bank passbook, IFSC code, MICR code, account number, name of account holders, name of the bank branch.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Single Girl Child Scholarship form for the year 2021 be released?
Ans. The application form has not been released yet but soon it will be released on the official website of the authorities.
Question: What is the official website of the Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme?
Ans. The official website is www.ugc.ac.in.
Question: Who can avail of the benefits of the Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Girl Child Scholarship?
Ans. Only girl students who are single child in their families and studying first-year Master’s program from any UGC recognized university or its equivalent are eligible.