IRMS Recruitment 2023: Indian Railways is going to disclose the official recruitment notification for the Engineers for Group A positions in Indian Railways. IRMS (Indian Railways Management System) is a group ‘A’ central service. Indian Railways is one of the most prestigious institutions in India. It has 72 per cent engineers in Group A services while 12 percent are recruited by the civil services.
Formerly, UPSC IRMS were recruited on the basis of the Civil Services Examination and Indian Engineering Service Exam, however since Indian railways took off its vacancies, more than 500 posts are lying vacant in railways. Consequently, railways has decided to fill out all these vacancies of CSE & ESE through IRMS which will be organized by the Union Public Service Commission. The main purpose is to recruit candidates at all levels i.e. from Junior Scale to HAG+. Collect more information regarding IRMS Recruitment 2023 from the given article. It holds details such as IRMS Recruitment 2023, Exam Schedule, Eligibility Requirements, Application Process, Paper Format, Interview, Results, Selection Method, Etc.
IRMS Recruitment 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Indian Railway Management Services examinations 2023|
|Examination conducting body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Examination Level||National Level|
|Total No. of vacant positions||Released Soon|
IRMS Recruitment 2023 Important Dates
|Events||Exam Date (Expected)|
|IRMS Notification Release||March 2023|
|IRMS Prelims Exam Date||Announced soon|
|IRMS Mains Exam Date||Announced soon|
|IRMS Interview Exam Date||Announced soon|
|IRMS Final Result||Announced soon|
IRMS Recruitment Services (Group ‘A’)
Group ‘A’ services of Indian Railways is filled up through the Civil Services and Engineering Services exam. CSE Group ‘A’ Services include:
CSE Group ‘A’ Services
- Indian Railway Personnel Services
- Indian Railway Protection Force Services
- Indian Railway Traffic Services
- Indian Railway Accounts Services
- Combined Engineering Services
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineering.
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineer
- Indian Railway Service of Civil Engineering.
- Indian Railway Stores Service which is Mechanical, Civil, Telecommunication, Electrical, Electronics Engineering Posts.
- Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineers
IRMS Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for IRMS recruitment must be satisfied by each and every candidate and it includes:
- An applicant must have acquired the age of 21 years and they must not be more than the age of 32 years.
- The upper age limit will get relaxation for the applicants which are 3 years for Other Backward Classes and 5 years for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe.
- Apart from this, there are some physical and visual criteria as well that needs to be satisfied by the candidates applying for IRMS.
IRMS Recruitment 2023 Application Form
Every applicant of IRMS Recruitment 2023 should go after the guidelines mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, go to the official website of IRMS and choose the Recruitment tab.
- You will be able to see the vacancies for the positions mentioned there.
- After that, choose the online application link.
- If you are a new user, the register as a new user.
- Fill out all the required information about yourself based on your documents.
- After that, make the payment of the online application fee.
- Lastly, select the final submission option from the drop-down menu.
- Get a print copy of the duly filled application.
UPSC IRMS Examination comprises of 3 stages in the examination :
- IRMS Prelims exam will be commenced in offline mode.
- It contains two papers in the which is necessary to attempt.
- There will be 250 Multiple Choice Questions and candidates should provide the answers in OMR sheet.
- For each wrong answer, candidates will lose 1/3rd mark as a negative marking.
|Papers||No. of Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 (General Studies & Engineering Aptitude)||100||2 hours||200|
|Paper 2 (Engineering Discipline)||150||3 hours||300|
|Total||250||5 hours||600 marks|
- IRMS Mains comprises of a total of two papers from the opted Engineering discipline (Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering/ Electrical Engineering).
- Total questions will be 8 out of which candidates need to attempt 5 questions.
- There is no provision of negative marking in this IRMS Mains exam.
- Mains exam will only have English language as a medium of exam.
|Papers||No. of Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 (Engineering Discipline)||5 out of 8 Optional||3 hours||300|
|Paper 2 (Engineering Discipline)||5 out of 8 Optional||3 hours||300|
|Total||10 Questions||6 hours||600 marks|
- This stage i.e. IRMS Interview is also known as Personality Test.
- It is the last stage of the IRMS recruitment exam.
- Only the candidates who pass both the prelims and mains written exams will be invited for the Interview round.
- The candidates will be assessed out of 200 marks.
- In the Interview round, the candidates will be evaluated on the basis of following skills such as mental alertness or mental calibre, suitability, leadership qualities, mental and physical energy, initiative & intellectual curiosity and more social traits and interesting current affairs.
- IRMS examination takes place for 5 fields: Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Non-technical entry, for the aspirants of civil services.
- The IRMS examination is caried out via 3 stages: the Prelims exam, Mains Examination, and Personality test/ Interview Round to be conducted by the railway’s board.
- The prelims examination is an objective type examination while the Mains examination is the subjective type written description for various Engineering and Non-technical branches.
- After the prelims and mains exam, there will be an Interview round in which the panel assess the candidates.
- After clearing all three stages, final merit list will be decided by a medical test and departments will be allocated to the selected candidates.
Results for IRMS Recruitment will be available on the official portal of the exam conducting body. Aspirants will have to provide their login credentials and then they can obtain their recruitment outcome online.