JEE Advanced exam is conducted to select the eligible candidates for admission to various UG engineering courses such as B.S, B.Tech, B.Arch, Integrated, and many more. Qualifying candidates will get admission into different IITs across India. The candidates who desire to take up JEE Advanced 2024 exam need to pass JEE Main Exam first which will be organized by the National Testing Authority (NTA).
JEE Advanced Exam is conducted at a national level every year by one of seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) that includes– IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Madras, and IIT Kanpur in rotational shifts. The exam is organized by Zonal Coordinating IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). The exam is going to be organized in a center-based online mode.
At the same time, we advise the candidates to go through the eligibility criteria for the same before applying for it. Aspirants will have to appear for two mandatory papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II, in JEE Advanced exam. Each of the papers will be conducted for 3 hours.
JEE Advanced 2024 Overview
|Name of the Exam||Joint Entrance Exam Advanced (JEE Advanced)|
|Exam Conducting Body||Either of the seven zonal IITs Roorkee, Kanpur, Guwahati, Kharagpur, Bombay, Delhi, Madras|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|No. of Papers||2 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in both papers )|
|Exam Duration||3 hours (Each paper)|
|Available Seats||Available Soon|
|Courses Offered||Bachelors Degree– BS, BTech, Btech, BArch Dual Degree – MTech, BS, MS Integrated Masters – MSc, MTech|
JEE Advanced 2024 Important Dates
|Important Events||Dates (Expected)|
|Online Registration starting date for Foreign Nationals||May 2024|
|Online Registration starting date for Indian Candidates||May 2024|
|Last date for the submission of application form||May 2024|
|Issuance of Admit Card||May 2024|
|Date of Exam||August 2024|
|Release of Answer keys||September 2024|
|Release of Result||September 2024|
|JoSAA Counselling Commencement||October 2024|
- Nationality: All Indian nationals including PIO/ OCI can apply for JEE Advanced. Foreign candidates can also apply for the exam under 10% of the supernumerary seat quota.
- Age Limit: The candidates belonging to General and OBC categories must have been born on or after 1st October, 1998. There will be a five-year relaxation in the age limit for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category, they must have been born on or after 1st October 1994.
- Academic Qualification: It is crucial for the aspirants to pass the 12th examination or its equivalent to be eligible for the exam.
- Subject: Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as the mandatory subjects in 10+2.
- Minimum Percentage: The applicants are required to acquire 75% marks in class 12th or its equivalent exam to apply for JEE Advanced Exam.
- Number of Attempts: An aspirant will be eligible to appear for the exam only two times in two consecutive years.
- JEE Main Performance: Those candidates who will be listed among the top 2.5 lakh JEE Main qualified candidates will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2024.
JEE Advanced 2024 Application Form
Candidates can fill up the application form through online mode by visiting the official website i.e. www.jeeadv.ac.in. The eligible candidates will have to register and provide the details in the application form by filling up personal, academic and other details in the required fields. After the successful registration process, the candidates need to upload relevant documents and fill in all the details asked in the online application form. After completing the registration, the candidates have to pay the registration fee through online payment facilities.
For Exam center within India:
|Nationality of candidate||Category||Amount|
|Indian Nationals||SC, ST, PwD applicants||1400 INR|
|Indian Nationals||Female applicants (all categories)||1400 INR|
|Indian Nationals||All Other applicants||2800 INR|
|Foreign Nationals||SAARC applicants||USD 75|
|Foreign Nationals||Applicants from Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
For Examination Centres in Foreign countries:
|Nationality of candidate||Category||Amount|
|Indian Nationals||Indian Nationals||USD 75|
|Foreign Nationals||SAARC candidates||USD 75|
|Foreign Nationals||Non-SAARC candidates||USD 150|
- Exam Mode: Online (Computer-based test)
- Number of Papers: 2 (Both Compulsory)
- Exam Duration: 3-hour for each paper (4-hour for the candidates belonging to PwD category)
- Subjects in the exam: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Questions type: Single Correct Option questions, Multiple Correct Option questions and Numerical Value Answer questions
- Marking Scheme: Full, half and zero marks. (Negative marks for an incorrect response)
The result of the exam is going to be available online through the official website of the exam conducting IIT. Candidates have to obtain the result from the official website only as the authorities will not send the hard copy or offline result by post. Along with the result, participants will also be able to acquire rank cards on the official website. The allocation of seats will be made according to the ranks secured by the candidates in exam.