JEST 2024: JEST which is fully known as the Joint Entrance Screening Test is a national-level entrance test that is directed by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) on an annual basis. The main purpose behind the formulation of this examination is to provide admission into Ph.D. and various integrated Ph.D. programs. Additionally, there are several other prestigious institutes too, including IISc, IISERs, and NISER, that commence this Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST).
The examination usually takes place across 37 exam centers in India by the organizing authorities. The national level entrance examination will be carried out in offline mode which is a written method. To appear for this, candidates have to first register themselves and fill up the application form for the same through the official website of JEST i.e. January 2024 (tentatively).
JEST 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||JEST|
|Full Form of the Exam||Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Conducting Authority||SERB- Science & Engineering Research Board|
|Courses offered||Ph.D/ Theoretical Computer Science/ Integrated Ph.D programme in Physics/ Neuroscience/ Computational Biology|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper mode)|
|Date of the Exam||April 2024 (Speculated)|
JEST 2024 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||1st to 2nd week of January 2024|
|Last date to register||2nd week of February 2024|
|Last date to apply with late fee||3rd to 4th week of February 2024|
|Admit card release date||3rd to 4th week of March 2024|
|Entrance exam date||2nd week of April 2024|
|Release of Answer key||3rd week of April 2024|
|Declaration of result||Last week of April 2024|
|Interview process||1st to 2nd week of May 2024|
For Ph.D. Program:
- Physics: A degree of M.Sc. in Physics is needed while some Institutions accept M.Sc./ ME/ B.Tech/ BE in Physics and Applied Mathematics.
- Neuroscience at NBRC: Candidates must possess a degree of M.Sc. (Mathematics/ Physics), B.Tech/ BE/ MCA in Computer Science.
- Theoretical Computer Science at IMS: ME/ M.Sc./ M.Tech in Computer Science or a concerned field is required.
- Computational Biology at IMSM: M. Tech/ ME/ MCA in any discipline should be there.
Integrated Ph.D. Program:
- IISER, Thiruvananthapuram: B.Sc. (Physics) or B. Tech/ BE in any discipline is required.
- Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc: MCA/ B. Tech/ BE in Computer Science or a relevant stream.
JEST 2024 Application Form
Those candidates who are planning to apply for the examination should read all the step-by-step procedures as given below:
- It is mandatory for the candidate to fill up the application form with the correct email address so that registration gets successful.
- Participants have to fill up the application form with basic details about the applicant and his/ her academic info as well as upload scanned photos and signatures in .jpg format and other mentioned formats.
- Make the payment of the applicable charges to complete the rest of the application process.
- Once the application form submission is finished, the candidate will receive the confirmation on his/ her registered phone number and email id.
- Besides this, we recommend the candidates keep a few print copies of the duly submitted application form for counseling purposes.
The payment of the application charges can be made via debit card/ credit card and net banking. The details are as given:
|General candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|OBC candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 150/-|
- Mode of the Exam: Offline mode (OMR based).
- Duration of the Exam: Total 3 hours
- Sections of Paper: 3 sections- Part A, Part B, and Part C.
- Medium of Exam: English language only
- Question Paper Type: Objective-Based Questions
- Marking Scheme: Part A comprises 3 marks each, Part B of 3 marks each and Part C holds 1 mark each.
- Negative Marking: Part A (- 1 mark), Part B (0), and Part C (- 1/3 marks).
|Parts||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Marking Scheme||Negative Marking|
|Part A||15||45 marks||+3||-1|
|Part B||10||30 marks||+3||No negative marking|
|Part C||25||25 marks||+1||-1/3|
JEST 2024 Results
The JEST Result 2024 will most likely be disclosed in the last week of April 2024 as per the data received. The result will be provided through online mode viz. the official website of the JEST conducting authority. To acquire the same, aspirants have to enter their roll number and date of birth and after a few seconds, it will appear on the screen.
Candidates will be able to see the combined merit list with a category-wise merit list for the participants who appeared in the said examination. Candidates who appeared in the examination will receive the test-wise rank as per marks secured in the test preparation.
JEST 2024 Merit list
The authorities will decide and prepare the merit or selection list for the candidates who appeared for the entrance exam. They will prepare the same on the grounds of the candidate’s marks secured in the JEST.
Finalized students for JEST can check the merit list by logging in to the website of JEST. The shortlisted ones will be enrolled in their desired courses at JEST participating institutes.