The NCHMCT JEE (National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination) is a national-level hospitality entrance exam that is regulated by NTA on behalf of the National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology. The test is commenced once a year for admission to the Bachelor of Science program (Hospitality & Hotel Administration). NCHMCT has collaborated with Indira Gandhi National Open University and offering admission into a three-year BSc (HHA) program (IGNOU). All participating institutes of NCHMCT JEE accept the scores of NCHMCT JEE 2024 for enrollment to the BSc (HHA) courses provided by their respective institutions.
From 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) took over the charge to commence the same. The official authority of the examination will soon release the online application forms to take up the entrance test. Candidates must refer to the official website of NTA to get the application form details.
NCHMCT JEE 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||NCHMCT JEE|
|Full form of the Exam||National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Offered programs||3-year B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
NCHMCT JEE 2024 Important Dates
|Online registration begins from||February 2024|
|Online registration closes on||March 2024|
|Application correction||June 2024|
|Admit card releases on||June 2024|
|Entrance exam date||June 2024|
|Result declaration||July 2024|
|Counseling||July/ August 2024|
Through the below information, you can get the NCHMCT JEE Eligibility 2024:
- Nationality: Candidates must be of Indian Nationality, otherwise they won’t be eligible for NCHMCT JEE.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit is based on the category of the applicant. For general as well as OBC category candidates, the upper age limit is 22 years as of 1 August 2024. For the SC and ST category candidates, the age limit is set up to 25 years as of 1 August 2024.
- Qualification: The candidates should successfully clear the 12th exam from any recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must have opted for English subject as core/ elective/ functional in their qualifying examination.
- Appearing: Those who are appearing for the 12th class board examination are eligible to apply for the exam too.
- Medical Fitness: Entrants need to be medically fit and must possess a medical certificate.
NCHMCT JEE 2024 Application Form
Guidelines to apply for NCHMCT JEE are given in the below section. Candidates should go through each point very carefully to acquire a smooth application form submission:
- Applicants can submit the application form by accessing the official website.
- The application form for the same will expectedly be obtainable in the month of February 2024.
- Each and every individual should complete the registration process first. It can be done by filling in personal and educational information/ details in the application form.
- Also, attach and upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed specifications and format in the form.
- Pay the registration charges/ application fee to complete the remaining application process.
- Get a print copy of the confirmation page and keep it and the fee receipt safe for future reference.
The application fee payment methods include online mode only. Remember that, after the payment of the application fee it can neither be refunded nor transferable.
|General/ OBC candidates||INR 800/-|
|Reserved candidates||INR 400/-|
- Exam Mode: The mode of NCHMCT JEE is an offline mode which is a pen and paper-based written exam.
- Duration: The test will be commenced for 3 hours. No extra time will be provided to the participant.
- No. of Questions: It will hold a total number of 200 questions asked in the NCHMCT JEE exam.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will be objective-based i.e. MCQ- type.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will receive 1 mark for each correct answer whereas they will lose 0.25 marks for every wrong answer in NCHMCT JEE.
Here is the section-wise distribution of questions and marks:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude||30||30|
|Reasoning & Logical Deduction||30||30|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30||30|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50||50|
|Total||200 questions||200 marks|
NCHMCT JEE 2024 Results
National Testing Agency (NTA) will publicize the result on its official web portal- ntaresults.nic.in. Candidates who take up the entrance exam can check their outcome by entering login credentials such as their roll number, date of birth, and their application number. It is crucial to note that the result of NCHMCT JEE will not be provided by post or any other offline method. NCHMCT JEE result 2024 will mention the candidate’s score in the examination. The authority will set forth an all-India merit list of candidates on the premises of marks scored in the said test. The scores of this examination are valid for one year. The qualified candidates will appear for counselling and allocation of seats. As per the announcement, the authorities will allocate over 11,000 seats across 71 participating hotel management institutes in India.