JEXPO or Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnics West Bengal is a state-level polytechnic exam. West Bengal State Council of Technical Education conducts this entrance test every year to select candidates in various offered programs in Engineering & Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy, etc. It is mandatory for all the candidates to clear this entrance test in order to get admission. Therefore, the entire schedule of the entrance examination has been listed below in the article. Once the entrance test is commenced, the conducting board will release the list of shortlisted candidates on its official website. Read the complete article to know more about JEXPO 2023 such as important dates, exam patterns, eligibility criteria, etc.
JEXPO 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||JEXPO|
|Full form||Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic West Bengal|
|Exam conducting body||West Bengal State Council of Technical Education|
|Official website of JEXPO||webscte.co.in.|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
JEXPO 2023 Important Dates
|Official Notification release||1st week of March 2023|
|Availability of online application form||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date to apply online||Last week of June 2023|
|Admit card release date||1st week of July 2023|
|Exam date||3rd week of July 2023|
|Result declaration||Last week of July 2023|
|Counseling process||1st week of August 2023|
- Nationality: Only citizens of Indian Nationality are eligible to apply for admission.
- Age Limit: Applicants must have been born on or before 1st July 2008.
- Qualification: Those candidates who have passed the 10th or equivalent examination from any recognized board are eligible.
- Marks: It is mandatory to secure at least 35% marks in their qualifying exam.
- Subjects: Candidates must have these mandatory subjects in the qualifying exams- Mathematics, Science, and English.
- Appearing: Appearing candidates in class 10th examination for the academic year 2023 can also apply for the examination.
JEXPO 2023 Application Form
- The application form will be soon available online mode on the official website of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
- It is recommended to submit the application form before the last date of its submission.
- The Application procedure will include certain steps such as exam registration, course selection, uploading documents, application verification, and registration fee payment.
- It is equally necessary for the candidates to provide their active/ working email ID & contact details in the application form.
- It is also advised to not overwrite anything in the application form as it can lead to forming dismissal.
- Therefore, make sure to fill in all the details accurately and in true form in the application form.
- Candidates will be able to pay the application fee via online mode using UPI, credit card, debit card, and net banking.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the filled application form to the authority.
- Lastly, candidates must take a printout of the duly filled application form for further use.
|For all candidates||Rs. 450/-|
|For Kanyashree enrollees||Rs. 225/-|
- The examination mode will be held offline (pen and paper-based test).
- Total of 2 hours will be provided to complete the examination.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice.
- A total no. of 100 questions will be there in the Exam.
- The only medium will be English and Bengali.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer, whereas for every incorrect answer there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks.
For a detailed exam pattern, check this table below:
|Course||No. of questions|
JEXPO 2023 Result/ Merit List
The result of the JEXPO entrance exam will be announced as per the conducting authority. The resulting schedule will be updated through the official website of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. Candidates will be able to see the result in a form of a merit list.
Meanwhile, students need to enter their application number and password to check the exam scores/ result. The officials of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education will prepare and release the merit list of the candidates based on their performance in the written entrance test.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Where can candidates register for the JEXPO?
Ans. Candidates can easily register online mode on the official website of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
Question: What are the basic educational requirements to apply for JEXPO?
Ans. Candidates have to pass 10th with at least 35 % marks to apply for JEXPO.
Question: What is the official website of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education?
Ans. The official website of West Bengal State Council of Technical Education is www.webscte.co.in.
Question: What will be the mode for JEXPO entrance exam 2023?
Ans. The mode of the JEXPO exam will be offline (pen and paper-based test).
Question: What is the full form of JEXPO?
Ans. It stands for Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnics.