Directorate of School Education, West Bengal releases the result of NTSE West Bengal Stage 1. The NTSE WB stage 1 NTSE exam is conducted in the month of January. Moreover, stage 2 is scheduled for the month of June. The application forms are available on i.e. scholarships.wbsed.gov.in. Only eligible candidates can apply for the exam. Candidates who cleared the NTSE WB stage 1 will be called to appear for stage 2. Read further, for more details about NTSE West Bengal 2023, dates, application form, eligibility, result, cutoff, etc.
NTSE West Bengal 2023 Details
|Name of the Examination||NTSE West Bengal Exam 2023|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Directorate of School Education, West Bengal|
|Level of Exam||
|Eligibility criteria||For the students studying in high school|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Medium of Exam||Bilingual (English and Hindi)|
|Frequency||Once each year|
NTSE West Bengal 2023 Exam Schedule
|The application process starts from||1st week of November 2022|
|Application process ends||1st week of December 2022|
|Admit card availability||January 2023|
|NTSE Stage 1 Exam||January 2023|
|Answer key release||February 2023|
|Result for stage 1||March 2023|
|Admit card for stage 2||May 2023|
|NTSE Stage 2 exam||June 2023|
|NTSE Stage 2 result||August 2023|
- Students must hold the nationality of India.
- Students studying in High school in any recognized board WBBSE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ WBBME in West Bengal are eligible to apply.
- They must have passed class 9th with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in the case of reserved category candidates.
- Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) under NIOS/West Bengal Council of Rabindra Open Schooling are eligible too.
- Applicant’s age must not be more than 18 years at the time of NTSE WB examination and he/ she should not be employed.
NTSE West Bengal 2023 Application Form
- Firstly, download the application form of NTSE West Bengal from the official website –www.scholarships.wbsed.gov.in.
- Provide all your required details such as personal details, contact details, parent’s details, address, etc.
- Also attach your passport-sized photographs and other relevant documents including class 9th mark sheets, category certificate, etc. in the application form.
- Recheck all your details before submitting the details in the application form.
- Take out a print of the completely filled application form and submit the application form along with the application fee to the specific school department.
- Candidates can check the application fee on the official website of the authorities.
Go through the detailed exam pattern through the table provided below:
|Papers||Name of the exam||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||Duration of time|
|Paper- 1||MAT- Mental Ability Test||100 questions||100||120 minutes|
|Paper- 2||SAT- Scholastic Aptitude Test||100 questions (40 questions from Science, Mathematics- 20 and 40 from Social Science)||100||120 minutes|
Note: 1 mark will be provided for every correct response and there is no provision of negative marking in both the papers.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15 %|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.50 %|
|Physically handicapped (PH)||4 %|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27 %|
NTSE West Bengal Cut off (Previous year)
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||113|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||126|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||98|
|Category||Marks required in MAT||Marks required in SAT|
|SC/ ST/ PH||32||32|
|Education level||Scholarship Amount|
|Class 11th to 12th||INR 1,250 per month|
|UG and PG level||INR 2000 per month|
|Doctoral level||In accordance with UGC norms|
NTSE West Bengal 2023 FAQs
Question: Where can candidates apply for NTSE WB Exam?
Question: Which competent authority will organize NTSE WB Exam 2023?
Ans. The NTSE West Bengal Stage 1 is organized by the Directorate of School Education, West Bengal while NCERT, New Delhi will conduct Stage 2 at the national level.
Question: What is the scholarship amount for the students of class 11th to 12th under NTSE West Bengal?
Ans. Rs. 1,250 per month is awarded as the scholarship money to the students of classes 11th and 12th.