JKCET or Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test is a state-level entrance examination which is commenced each year by JKBOPEE (Jammu & Kashmir Board of professional Entrance Examination). The main purpose behind the commencement of this exam is to provide admission to the eligible candidates in courses such as Engineering (B.Tech) and Architecture (B.Arch) programmes. Candidates will be granted admission in these courses in both private as well as government-based institutions situated in the Jammu & Kashmir state.
The Application Form for JKCET 2024 is speculated to be out in the 4th week of February 2024 via online mode only. Therefore, those candidates who are keen to get admission in various Undergraduate engineering courses offered at various Govt. and Private colleges across the state of Jammu & Kashmir must apply for JKCET 2024. Here in this article, we have mentioned all the necessary information that is required to know regarding the JKCET 2024 exam. It includes information such as JKCET Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Seats Reservation, Counseling Procedure, and more.
JKCET 2024 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2024|
|Type of exam||Undergraduate|
|Level of exam||State level|
|Conducting body||JKBOPEE (Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination)|
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen and Paper based test)|
|Exam date||2nd week of May 2024|
|Timing of exam||3 hrs|
JKCET 2024 Important Dates
|Application form starts date||Third week of January 2024|
|Last date to submit the form||Fourth week of February 2024|
|Availability of admit card||Fourth week of April 2024|
|Date of exam||Second week of May 2024|
|Result||Fourth week of May 2024|
|Counseling/ Admission procedure||First week of July 2024|
- Nationality: Applicant must be holding the nationality of India.
- Age Limit: The minimum age of the applicant to apply for the exam must be 17 years as of 31st December 2024.
- Qualification: Individuals should pass class 10+2 or its equivalent from any recognized educational board.
- Marks: It is compulsory to score at least 50% Marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates) to be eligible for JKCET examination 2024.
- Subjects: Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects in class 12th or qualifying examination.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the 12th or equivalent exam in 2024 can also apply for admission.
JKCET 2024 Application Form
- The online availability of the application form will be made at the official website of Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination.
- Applicants must not expect the application form through offline mode at all.
- The application form will be made accessible in the third week of January till the fourth week of February 2024.
- While filling out the application form, candidates must ensure to provide authentic details.
- Apart from this, they must also make sure to upload the scanned images of signature, photo, and thumb impression in the given JPG/ JPEG formats only.
- The size of thumb impression, photo and marks certificate should be within the prescribed limit.
- Candidates will also be asked to upload the copy of the permanent resident certificate, marks certificate and category certificate according to the specifications only.
- Once the form is completely filled, take out its hard copy for further references.
- Applicants have to make the application fee payment which is mandatory for all the categories. Entrants of all the categories have to pay the fee of Rs. 1200/-
- Candidates will have to choose the payment options whether offline or online mode.
- Incase of online payment mode then get it done via HDFC payment option by using debit card or credit card..
- For using offline mode, you can make the application fee payment through bank challan via any of the branches of HDFC bank or Jammu & Kashmir bank.
- The paper will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based test) only.
- There will be two papers: PCB and PCM individually.
- Per subject will hold 60 questions.
- The JKCET question paper will involve all Multiple Choice Questions.
- Each correct answer in JKCET will get one mark. There is negative marking as well which means there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer provided in the paper.
- Stream A (PCM & PCB) will be having all 120 questions from subjects like Chemistry and Physics. The duration will be for 2 hours.
- Stream B (PCB), involves 60 questions on the biology subject and the time allotted will be for one hour.
- Last paper will be Stream C i.e. PCM and it comprises of Mathematics subject with 60 questions to be solved within one hour of time duration.
- 50% for General (GEN) category.
- 25% for Other Backward Class (OBC)
- 8% for Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 11% for Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- 3% for Children of Defense Personnel
- 2% for Sports Quota
The candidate will get a invitation call to appear for counseling process on the basis of merit list. The entire counseling schedule will be released via online mode through the official website of JKBOPEE and also in the English newspapers. Candidates will be able to collect the counseling letter via online mode through the official web portal of JKBOPEE only. Selected candidates are instructed to carry the original certificates. During counseling, they will have to pay the counseling fee of Rs. 500/- .They will be able to select the college as well as course as per the preferences.