JKPSC Recruitment 2023: JKPSC or Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission is a state-level recruitment examination for various government bodies in the state. Every year, JKPSC releases the official notification on its official website www.jkpsc.nic.in. It works as an advisory body to the state government for the recruitment of eligible candidates in civil service departments. Candidates fitting each and every eligibility criteria for the recruitment will be able to take part in the recruitment process.
JKPSC will likely release the official notification to invite the candidates for various posts on its website. It will tentatively release the online application forms in the month of December 2022 to January 2023. The recruitment exam may tentatively be held in the month of March 2023. For a clarified schedule, aspirants are suggested to stay in touch with the official website of JKPSC. Moreover, candidates satisfying the eligibility for JKPSC Recruitment 2023 will take part in the recruitment.
JKPSC Recruitment 2023 Highlights
|Full form of JKPSC||Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission|
|Level of the Exam||State|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once in a year|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Language of the Paper||English|
|Exam Phases||Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview (Personality Test)|
|Purpose of the Exam||To appoint the eligible candidates into the departments of administrative service accounts service and police service of the state of Jammu & Kashmir.|
JKPSC Recruitment 2023 Important Dates
|December 2022||Availability of Application Forms|
|January 2022||Last Date to Apply|
|2nd week of March 2023||Essay (Paper 1)|
|2nd week of March 2023||General Studies- I (Paper 2)|
|2nd week of March 2023||General Studies- III (Paper 4)|
|3rd week of March 2023||Optional Paper- I|
|3rd week of March 2023||Optional Paper-II|
- Only a permanent local of the Jammu & Kashmir state is eligible.
- The candidate’s minimum and maximum age should be 21 years and 32 years respectively.
- A degree of graduation in any discipline is required.
Candidates applying for recruitment into the Gazetted Police Service need to undergo the physical standards:
- The height of Male and females should be 165 cm and 150 cm respectively.
- Chest 84 cm for male and 79 cm for female.
- 5 cm of expansion for both male and female candidates.
For Candidates belonging to Leh/ Kargil:
- The height of Male and females should be 160 cm and 145 cm respectively.
- For both male and female candidates, the chest should be 79 cm.
- 5 cm of expansion for both male and female candidates.
JKPSC Recruitment 2023 Application Process
Candidates applying for Jammu and Kashmir PSC Recruitment 2023 need to follow certain steps as given below. Make sure to satisfy the eligibility conditions applying:
- Go to the website of the exam advisory i.e. jkpsc.nic.in to apply.
- Search for the application link for JKPSC KAS 2023 and click on it.
- Register by providing a mobile number and relevant mail id and other particulars as asked.
- Fill up all the details as vital in the application form.
- Do not forget to make the payment of the application fee and upload the required documents as without this step application cannot be completed.
- Submit the application form after reviewing it carefully. Keep the print of the application form secure with yourself for additional uses.
|General candidates||INR 1000/-|
|Reserved candidates||INR 500/-|
Stage-1: Prelims (Objective Type)
The first stage of the JKPSC Recruitment Exam 2023 is the Preliminary examination. Prelims is the objective test that needs to be cleared for the JKPSC exam.
- The preliminary examination involves two papers – Paper-1 and Paper-2; both the papers will be objective type.
- All Multiple Choice questions for 450 marks will be there.
- This stage is qualifying in nature i.e. the marks achieved in the prelims are not counted in merit. It is just considered a screening test.
- The medium of the question paper is English.
- Participants will be allotted 2 hours to solve the paper.
- There is no provision of negative marking in the JKPSC Preliminary Exam 2023.
|Paper||Subjects||Exam duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies||2 hrs||150|
|Paper 2||Optional Subject||2 hrs||300|
Stage-2: Mains (Subjective Type)
The second phase of the JKPSC recruitment process 2023 is the Mains Examination which is a subjective type. Candidates who clear the first stage i.e. Preliminary Examination will appear for Mains Examination. Prelims is of qualifying nature but scores gained in Mains Examination are counted for merit.
- There will be Subjective questions that are of descriptive type.
- Mains will consist of total of 9 papers are. 2 out of 9 papers are qualifying in nature while marks in the other 7 papers will be considered for merit.
- The candidates qualifying for the Mains examination will be invited for the interview round.
- Candidates have to solve each paper in 3 hours.
- The question papers except language papers will be provided in the English language.
|Paper-II (GS- I)||250|
|Paper-III (GS- II)||250|
|Paper-IV (GS- III)||250|
|Paper-V (GS- IV)||250|
|Paper-VI (Optional Paper-I)||250|
|Paper-VII (Optional Paper-II)||250|
The interview test will be the last phase of the JKPSC Recruitment Process which will help to judge the mental caliber of the participant. Qualities such as intellectual and moral integrity, mental alertness, the ability for social cohesion and leadership, variety and depth of interest, clear and logical exposition, the balance of judgment, and critical powers of assimilation in an interview.
JKPSC Recruitment 2023 Result
The officials will announce the result for each stage of the exam in form of a merit list. Selected applicants will move further to the next stage of the exam. After the commencement of all the stages, the result will be announced. Marks acquired by the participant in the Main Exam (written and interview) will determine the final order of merit. Shortlisted candidates will be appointed to different services, considering their merit in the exam and their preferences for several posts and services. The commission will be responsible for allotting several services to qualified candidates.