The Centralized Admission Cell is the main authority that is going to organize Karnataka TET for candidates who are aspiring to become a teacher. Those candidates who desire to teach classes from 1st to 8th should take up this exam. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for KARTET according to the scheduled date and after the official notification is released. KARTET 2023 application is expected to be out in the month of January 2023.
By taking up this examination, candidates will get the opportunity to become government teachers in the schools of Karnataka state. The selected candidates will be appointed as teachers to teach classes from 1st to 8th in government schools all over the state of Karnataka. Interested and eligible aspirants must participate in the application process on the prescribed date and time. The details of the exam including the Karnataka TET such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, result, certificate of validation, and more are provided to you in this post.
KARTET 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam
|KARTET Full Form
|Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test
|Type of Exam
|Teacher Eligibility Test
|Level of Exam
|Centralized Admission Cell, Karnataka
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Exam
|Duration of Exam
Karnataka TET 2023 Important Dates
|The online registration process begins
|Last date to apply online
|Last date to pay the application fee
|Admit card issue date
|Result release date
Age Criteria: The age of the candidate should lie between 18 years to 40 years. Candidates of the reserved category will get a relaxation in age.
For primary teacher class (1st to 5th):
- Applicants must have passed class 12th from a recognized board with 50% aggregate scores. 5% of relaxation for reserved category candidates in marks will be offered.
- Candidates who have done B.Ed. or D.El.Ed with 45% – 50% marks in aggregate can apply.
- Final-year students are also eligible to apply for Karnataka TET 2023.
For Upper Primary Teachers (Class 6th to 8th):
- Applicants who have completed graduation with 50% marks in aggregate can apply for the Karnataka TET 2023.
- Candidates need to hold a diploma in B.Ed./ D.El.Ed to be eligible for the exam.
- Final year appearing candidates are eligible too.
KARTET 2023 Application Process
- The only mode of application for Karnataka TET 2023 is online i.e. candidates have to visit the official website of the exam conducting department.
- Applicants need to redirect to the official browser of Karnataka, the Department of School Education official website- www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in.
- Then the individual should click on the suitable link for Karnataka TET Application Form 2023.
- Candidates need to submit all the asked information about themselves including personal, professional, etc. during a given format.
- The candidate will also have to upload a scanned copy of the image and signature for the appliance.
- The Candidate should keep a copy of the duly submitted application form for further use.
|For both papers
Pattern of Exam
- Karnataka TET 2023 questions will be of objective type.
- There is no provision of negative marking in KARTET.
- Each correct answer is going to be awarded one mark.
Paper 1 (Class 1st to 5th):
|No. of Questions
|Child Development and Pedagogy
Paper 2 (Class 6th to 8th):
|No. of Questions
|Child Development and Pedagogy
Topics in the Exam
- Comprehension based question
- Conception for language development.
Language 2 (English)
- Comprehension based questions in English
- Development of language.
- Environmental Studies: Air, Water, Components of Body, Solar System, Natural Resources, Habitats, Food Resources and Care.
- Mathematics: Numbers, Arithmetic, Shapes, Geometry, Algebra, Measurement and Spatial Understanding.
- Child Development Pedagogy: Child development, the Concept of Inclusive Education and Learning Pedagogy and Understanding Children with Special Desires.
KARTET 2023 Result
The result of the Karnataka TET 2023 will be out via the official website of the authority and candidate can download the same by entering the roll number and date of birth. Participants can expect the outcome of the examinations after one month of the commencement of the examination. Candidates must check their result thoroughly and take out their print for future references.
The participant’s selection criteria is going to be conducted based on the performance within the KAR TET test conducted by the Centralized Admission Cell, Karnataka. Participants are going to get shortlisted on the basis of their marks scored on the test. They even need to appear for the Final round of Personal Interview.
Those candidates who successfully pass the qualifying exam in the following sections will be appointed for the post of teachers in the government primary schools (from 1st to 5th class) and higher primary schools (from 6th to 7th class). Candidates will be assessed in both papers and both divisions and they should qualify both the papers separately. Paper-I is set up for the primary teacher (class 1st to 5th). Paper-II is set up for the candidates who want to be recruited as a teacher for classes 6 to 8.
The result and scorecard of the candidates will be published together and the details provided in the scorecard will be as under:
- Admit Card Number
- Registration Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Area Status (Local/ Non-local)
- Combined Score in KARTET
- Total Score
Certificate Validity of KARTET
All qualified Students will get five years of the validity of KAR TET 2023 certificate from the date of declaration of result for all category candidates (reserved & unreserved category).