National Testing Agency is the main authority that is in charge of conducting NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). The National Testing Agency releases the official notification regarding the schedule of NEET 2024 exam. Consequently, candidates are suggested to begin their examination preparation earliest. Students are advised to prepare for the competitive exam with the NEET syllabus.
The admission of the candidates in UG Medical Courses will be determined on the basis of their marks obtained in the NEET Exam 2024. It is mandatory for all the aspirants to acquire each and every detail about the exam before appearing for it.
NEET 2024 Important Dates
|Release date of the Application form||November 2023|
|Last Date of Application||December 2023|
|Last date to submit the Application form fee||December 2023|
|Opening Date of the Correction Window||January 2024|
|Release Date of the Admit Card||April 2024|
|NEET 2024 Exam Date||First Sunday of May 2024|
|Results Announcement||First week of June 2024|
Interested candidates are required to go through the eligibility criteria before registering for the exam first.
- Indian citizens are eligible to appear in NEET. OCI/ NRI candidates are eligible too.
- Candidates belonging to J&K/ Telangana/ AP states can apply for All India 15% quota seats based on the self-declaration.
- Requirement of Aadhaar Card: It is compulsory for all the Indian National students to hold an Aadhaar Number in order to apply for NEET.
- The minimum and maximum age limit for NEET UG is 17 years and 25 years respectively (as on or before 31st December of the year of admission).
- In addition to that, there will be a 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit for the candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- Candidates must have passed grade 12th or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as compulsory subjects.
- Aspirants need to pass the qualifying examination with acquiring a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for general-Physically Handicapped and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC candidates).
- Candidates presently appearing in the qualifying examination are also allowed to apply for NEET.
NEET 2024 Application Form
To apply for NEET, follow the simple process as furnished below:
- First of all , open the authorized web page for NEET.
- Then register yourself thereby providing your name, mobile number, email id, communication, and other details as asked there.
- Now, start filling up the registration form.
- Enter some relevant details like Name, DOB, Nationality, Academic Qualification, Percentage of Marks obtained in the last Examination, and more.
- You need to upload/ attach the scanned copies of the documents asked in the application in the prescribed size and format only.
- The applicants who are looking forward to giving NEET would have to pay the mandatory application fee for the application form via online and offline methods.
- They must get the printout of the confirmation page stating that the application is completed.
- Save it for future purposes.
- For general and OBC category: Rs. 1400/-
- For SC/ST & PH: Rs. 750/-
Documents Required for NEET Application
There are a few documents that you need to carry in order to apply to successfully submit the NEET application form. Such documents are listed below:
- Recent passport size photographs
- Recent postcard size photographs
- The signature of the candidate
- The left-thumb impression of the candidate
- Marksheet of the Class 10th Board examinations
- Any other required document or certificate
Candidates must have a look on the exam pattern for NEET as given below-
- Exam Mode: Pen and Paper Mode (Offline Mode)
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Exam Language: English, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Urdu, Oriya, Kannada, Gujarati, Bengali, Assamese and Tamil
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology
- Types of Questions: Objective (MCQs)
- Marking Scheme: +4 marks will be given for the right answer by the participant.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer by the participant.
|Subjects||No. of Question||Total Marks|
NEET 2024 Result
The results will only be accessible via online mode through the official website of the same. Candidates need to furnish particulars like their roll number and registration number in order to download/check the result.
The authority of the NEET will prepare a merit list/ selection list for admission according to the rules and regulations prescribed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, MCI, DCI, and DGHS.
After the successful announcement of the result, the qualified candidates who got their names on the merit list will be invited to counselling process according to their merit.
NEET Counselling Session for 15% All India Quota will be regulated by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) by online mode while the counselling process of remaining 85% state Quota seats will be carried out by the counselling committee of respective state of the candidate.