Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) is the main regulating body that is accountable for conducting Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET). The entrance test is organized in order to admit candidates of Karnataka state and the ward/s of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants to full-time professional courses provided by the government/ institution/ private aided / private un-aided institutions of Karnataka state. In order to get enrollment in such courses, we advise the candidates to completely fill up the application form for KCET 2024 before the last date within the prescribed date and time. Candidates can collect the application form at the official website which is www.kea.kar.nic.in. The exam authorities will announce the official notification for KCET 2024 exam date.
Candidates can get more information about KCET 2024 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, application fee, exam pattern, results, etc. from this article below.
KCET 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)|
|Organizing By||Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)|
|Level of Exam||State Level Entrance Test|
|Exam Mode||Pen and paper based mode in OMR pattern|
|Section of the Exam||Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|Number of Questions||180 questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct answer and no negative marking|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Time Duration||80 Minutes (Each Exam)|
|Eligibility||10+2 with different subjects for different programs|
|Category||Engineering entrance exam|
KCET 2024 Important Dates
|KCET Official Notification||June 2024|
|Online application form starting date||June 2024|
|Application form last date||July 2024|
|Last date for fee||July 2024|
|Application correction||July 2024|
|Admit card availability||August 2024|
|Kannada language test||August 2024|
|Karnataka CET 2024 result declaration||August 2024|
|Commencement of counselling||September 2024|
Karnataka CET 2024 Eligibility Criteria is different for one course to another, check out the complete details only:
For Engineering and Architecture Courses:
- An applicant should have completed the 12th/ 2nd PUC or equivalent examination from some recognized board of education.
- In order to satisfy the eligibility, one needs to pass the test with compulsory subjects such as Mathematics and Physics and English as a language subject.
- It is important to have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate. However, the valid percentage required for the candidates of SC and ST category must obtain a minimum of 40% in Mathematics and Physics along with one subject such as Computer Science/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Electronics.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible can also apply for the examination.
- To apply for the architecture course, make sure to hold a valid NATA scorecard.
For Pharmacy/Science Courses:
- Candidates who have passed 12th/ 2nd PUC or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with English as the main language subject are eligible to apply for the Pharmacy/ Science Courses.
- Those candidates who have attained at least 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in aggregate for those who belong to SC and ST category in Physics, Biology and Chemistry group.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for the exam.
KCET 2024 Application Form
The details regarding KCET 2024 Application form details will be accessed by the students in the below given section:
- The application will be released in the month of June 2024 through online mode.
- Aspirants must submit their application form with complete valid details within the prescribed date and time.
- The last date for the submission of application form will be available till the last date only.
- Candidates may submit the KCET application form online after they have filled in all of the required particulars correctly. In case of any mistake found, students will be able to make corrections in the details when the correction facility will open.
- Correction facility will be provided in certain details in the month of May 2023.
- Take printout of the application form and keep it safe for further needs.
- The fee structure for the candidates belonging to General/ OBC category is Rs.500 and for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Women candidates is Rs.250.
- Candidates outside India will have to pay the fee of Rs 5000/- and for the candidates who are the residents of outside Karnataka state, the fee is Rs 750/-.
- The fee submission can be done through a challan to one of the designated banks or e-post offices.
- After signing the documents in the registration form, candidates will be able to download the challan.
Here are the complete details about KCET Exam Pattern 2024 in the below given section:
- Mode of Exam: Offline mode (Pen and Paper-based) exam.
- Type of Questions: Question papers involves all the multiple-choice questions having four alternatives/ options.
- Time Duration: Total 320 minutes and 80 minutes will be provided for each subject.
- Marks: 180 marks.
KCET 2024 Results
Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is accountable to announce the KCET result 2024 in online mode at the official portal of Karnataka Examinations Authority. Students will be able to acquire their KCET outcome by login into their applicant portal using the application number and date of birth. The result mentions participant’ scores obtained in each subject for which they will disappear along with the total marks in the exam and the rank.