Kerala Free Laptop Scheme 2023: A great initiative has taken by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan by introducing a scheme “KSFE Kudumbashree Vidyashree Scheme” under which free laptops are provided to the students through Kerala State Financial Enterprises (KSFE). The micro chitty scheme of Rs 15,000 will be taken up by KSFE for Kudumbashree. Free Laptop Scheme is for the students of the state who have passed their 12th board examination.
All the Applicants who are willing to apply online for this scheme then they must download the official notification and read all eligibility criteria and fill the application form carefully. Let us check all the details of Kerala’s free laptop scheme such as its key features, eligibility criteria, the application process, etc.
Kerala Free Laptop Scheme 2023 Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Free laptop scheme|
|Launched by||Dr. T.M Thomas Issac|
|Major Benefit||Free Laptop|
|The objective of the scheme||To provide free laptop|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Name of the State||Kerala|
Kerala Free Laptop Scheme 2023 Application Process
- Access the official website of Free Laptop Scheme – kudumbashree.org
- On the homepage, click on the login tab.
- A page will be displayed on your screen.
- Enter the credentials and log in.
- After the display of the registration page, enter your details such as name, father’s name, date of birth, caste, gender, and other details. Also, you need to upload the documents.
- Now, select your school or college.
- Lastly, submit the registration form.
How To Check KSFE Micro Chitty Laptop Scheme Beneficiary List
- Firstly visit the official website of the KSEF Micro Chitty Laptop Scheme.
- Secondly, you have to enter the following details- applicant’s name, applicant’s number, select district, block, and village.
- Submit the details.
- The complete list will appear on your screen.
- Check your name in the list.
- Aadhar Card
- Identity Card
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Residential Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Marks Sheet of Previous Year
- Passport Size Photograph
Applicants need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria to apply online for this scheme:
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Kerala.
- The applicant must belong to the BPL (Below Poverty Line) category.
- They must score 80% or above marks.
- Only the students who are studying in class 12th will be eligible to apply for this scheme.
- The annual family income of the applicant must not be less than 250000.
- The students of engineering and medical field are also eligible.
- Candidates must belong to the reserved category for example SC, ST, or another backward caste.
Free Laptop Specifications
|Screen Size||14 inch|
|System Name||ELCOT PC|
|Type of the system||X86|
|Processor||Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor|
|RAM||2 GB DD R3 SD RAM|
|Speed||1066 MHz Speed|
|Inbuilt Software||Microsoft Office, ADOBE, and TN Schemes|
|ROM||Minimum 160 GB to Maximum 320 GB|
- The scheme aims at making education more effective in the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Kerala government aims to provide free internet to all families that are not financially stable.
- The total amount of the Free Laptop Scheme is Rs. 15000/- which will have to be repaid in 30 months by paying Rs. 500/- per month.
- A beneficiary who joins this scheme will get Rs. 14,250/- after deducting the commission.
- However, there are incentives for NHGs and NHG members for prompt repayment.
Kerala Free Laptop Scheme 2023 Features
- This Scheme is a micro-financing scheme to fund students for purchasing laptops.
- About 2.65 lakh students of Kerala will be benefited from this scheme.
- The government of Kerala state will provide laptops worth Rs. 15,000 to financially weak students at an easy installment of Rs. 500 per month for 30 months.
- Around 40 lakh Kudumbashree workers can join the free laptop scheme.
- Beneficiaries will be provided with a laptop after three months, followed by the monthly installment of Rs 500/-
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Who can avail of the benefits of this scheme?
Ans. This scheme is only for the permanent residents of Kerala state and the financially weak students studying in class 12th.
Question: What is the total amount under this scheme?
Ans. The total amount is worth Rs. 15,000 under this scheme.
Question: What is the official website of this scheme?
Ans. The official website is kudumbashree.org.
Question: Who launched this scheme?
Ans. It was launched by Dr. T.M Thomas Issac.