The Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme was launched by the competent authorities of the Karnataka Government. Under this scheme, the Karnataka government provides free laptops are provided to the students who have passed their class 12th. The students of Karnataka state can avail the benefits of this scheme. All the Applicants who are willing to apply online for this scheme then they must download the official notification and read all eligibility criteria and fill the application form carefully. Let us check all the details of Karnataka’s free laptop scheme such as its key features, eligibility criteria, the application process, etc.
Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme 2023 Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Free laptop scheme|
|Launched by||Karnataka Government|
|Beneficiaries||Students of Karnataka|
|Major Benefit||Free Laptop|
|The objective of the scheme||To provide free laptop|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Name of the State||Karnataka|
- All the students who hold the domicile certificate of the state of Karnataka will be eligible to apply for the free laptop scheme 2023.
- Students whether belonging to General/ SC/ ST category will be eligible to avail the free laptop scheme.
- Those students who are seeking admission in the 1st year of an undergraduate degree in the government colleges of the Karnataka state can apply for this scheme.
- The official authorities will provide the free laptops to the students of aided first classes institutions/college in the Karnataka state.
- Students who are currently pursuing 12th from CBSE or studying undergraduate courses from public institutions can apply for the Free Laptop scheme 2023.
Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme 2023 Application Process
- Access the official website of Free Laptop Scheme- dce.kar.nic.in
- On the homepage, click on the laptop scheme tab.
- A page will be displayed on your screen.
- Enter the credentials and log in.
- After the display of the registration page, enter your details such as name, father’s name, date of birth, caste, gender, and other details. Also, you need to attach your required documents.
- Lastly, submit the registration form to the Karnataka educational board.
- Aadhar Card
- Identity Card
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Residential Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Mark Sheet of Previous Year
- Passport Size Photograph
- Bank Account linked with Aadhar card
Applicants need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria to apply online for this scheme:
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Karnataka state.
- They must score 85% or above marks.
- The students who have passed class 12th will be eligible to apply for this scheme.
- The annual family income of the applicant must not be more than 200000.
- The students of engineering, polytechnic, and medical field are also eligible.
- Candidates must belong to the reserved category for example SC, ST, or another backward caste.
- The scheme aims at promoting digital education to the students.
- The key objective is to provide technical education to students who are financially weak.
- To encourage the brilliant students who performed well in their 12th examination.
- To encourage the students who further want to pursue higher education in the field of technology.
List Of Courses
The below-mentioned courses are applicable under this scheme:
- Medical studies
- Polytechnic colleges
- Postgraduate courses
- Studying in First Grade Colleges
The students who are pursuing professional courses from renowned colleges and Polytechnic institutes can avail this benefit. Through this scheme, over 1.50 lakh state students who belong to ST and SC categories would be benefited. The scheme aims at helping students who belong to ST/SC category. Laptops worth Rs 32,000 to Rs 35,000 will be provided to the students.
Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme 2023 List of Colleges
Here we have provided a list of colleges where laptops are supplied with a number of total counts. Check below:
- Bangalore Region
- Dharwad Region
- Mysore Region
- Shimoga Region
- Mangalore Region
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Who can avail of the benefits of this scheme?
Ans. This scheme is only for the permanent residents of Karnataka state and the financially weak students who have passed class 12th.
Question: Can engineering students apply for this scheme?
Ans. All the engineering, polytechnic, and medical field students are eligible.
Question: What is the official website of this scheme?
Ans. The official website is dce.kar.nic.in
Question: Who launched this scheme?
Ans. It was launched by Karnataka Government.
Question: What is the minimum percentage required to apply for this scheme?
Ans. The student must obtain 85% or above marks to apply for this scheme.
1 thought on “Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme 2023 Registration, Online Form, Eligibility”
bosavaraj bombai when will u give laptop degree student 1st sem student please request to you tell me answer