Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences offers admission in various undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs at campus and its affiliated colleges. The admission of the candidates is based on the scores obtained by the entrance examination and interview. The institute provides special privileges to the children of fishermen, foreign nationals, Kashmiri migrants, and state-sponsored candidates by government departments. Check here details for KUFOS Admission 2023.
There are several courses such as MSc, MBA, LLM, MFSc, Ph.D., MTech, PG Diploma, etc. However, those candidates who seek admission in the above-mentioned courses are required to appear for the entrance exam i.e. KUFOS CAT, and clear it successfully. Applicants are told to check if they fit the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Once the results for KUFOS CAT are out, candidates will be called for further GD and PI rounds if they qualify for the entrance exam. To get more details on KUFOS 2023 such as important schedule, eligibility criteria, the application process, etc. read the complete post below.
KUFOS Admission 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam
||Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences Common Admission Test
||Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences
||UG, PG, and Ph.D.
|Medium of exam
||Entrance Exam, GD, and PI
KUFOS Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Application form availability
|Last date to apply
|KUFOS Common Admission Test
|Rank list publication on
|PG Admission date
|Date of commencement of classes
For M.F.Sc Programme
- Candidate must hold a 4- year Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc) recognized by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies with a minimum of 6.5% CGPA for general category candidates and 5.5% CGPA for reserved category candidates.
- Those candidates who hold a B.Sc. Degree with an aggregate of 50% marks in any of the following combination of the subjects such as B.Tech Bioinformatics, B.Sc. Bioinformatics, B.Sc. Life Sciences, B.Sc. Botany/ Zoology/ Chemistry, B.F.Sc, B.Sc. Microbiology, B.F.Sc (N), B.Sc Industrial Fish and Fisheries, B.Sc Aquaculture; B.Sc Zoology; B.Sc Industrial Fish and Fisheries.
- Any graduate and postgraduate candidate from Science, Commerce, or Arts stream with 55% aggregate marks are eligible to apply.
- They must hold degree from Indian or Foreign Universities recognized by UGC/ AICTE KUFOS.
- A 5% of relaxation will be given to reserved category candidates.
- Applicants waiting for their final results of the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply for the MBA programme, but they should have acquired their qualifying degree 3 months prior to joining the class.
- Candidate must hold a B.E./B.Tech in Marine Biology & Oceanography, B.F.Sc., Geo Science, Geo Physics, Law graduates, M.Sc. in Marine Geology/ Coastal Engineering/ Environmental Engineering/ Harbor Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Integrated Coastal Zone with a minimum mark of 50% which is required for the qualifying degree.
LLM in Maritime Law (Evening Course)
- Candidates who have passed an LLB Degree examination from any recognized university in Kerala state or its equivalent. They should obtain 55% aggregate marks (50% marks for candidates of the SC/ ST category).
- Candidates who have graduated from the Science stream are eligible to apply for a PG diploma in Aquarium Science & Technology.
- Candidates who seek to urge admission in Ind. Aquaculture diploma course should have passed B.Sc. in any biological subjects including Biotechnology, Fisheries, Botany, and Zoology.
- In order to apply for PG Diploma with Specialization in Brackish Water and Marine Aquaculture, applicant need to pass 12th or VHSE with Biology as one of the important subjects.
KUFOS Admission 2023 Application Form
- Candidates have to download the application form and information brochure for admission into the Post Graduate, Diploma, and Ph.D. courses for the academic year 2023 from the KUFOS official website i.e. www.kufos.ac.in.
- Once the site is opened, candidates have to fill in all the required fields very carefully and accurately.
- Candidates will have to pay the application fee via Demand Draft drawn in the favor of “The Finance Officer, Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad”, payable at SBT Vyttila. The authorities will not accept any other mode of application fee payment.
- Candidates will have to affix a passport size photograph of the applicant bearing his/her signature on the application and admit card.
- After completely filling the form, candidates have to send the form along with the challan and other documents to the Registrar, Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad P.O., Kochi – 682506 (Kerala).
- Consequently, it must be sent on or before the due date.
KUFOS Admission 2023 Application Fee
|SC/ ST applicants of Kerala state
|Duration of exam
||+4 for the correct answer and -1 for the wrong answer
|Total no. of questions
- Transfer certificate
- Previous Mark sheets
- Admit Card of KUFOS CAT
- KUFOS CAT Score Card
- Aadhar card
- UG Mark sheets
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate (If applicable)