The application form for GEO Genius 2023 will be released in the month of June 2023. It is a scholarship Olympiad that is managed by the IBGB learning society. To shortlist the Olympiad winners, candidates will have to conduct the three levels of exams. It is organized every year in the month of December. The official authorities of GEO Genius organize Olympiad for those students who are studying in class II to class X.
Thus, this competitive exam is held in the field of Geography subject. The respective school is required to do the registration process for the Geo Genius exam, after that the students can participate in the exam. We have mentioned complete details of GEO Genius 2023 such as an exam, eligibility criteria, application process, and many more for the reference of the students.
GEO Genius 2023 Important Dates
|School registration||1st week of June 2023|
|Registration for class 2- 12 students||1st week of June 2023|
|Level 1 exam (offline)||December 2023|
|Level 2 exam (online)||December 2023|
|Result declaration||To be updated|
|Date of level 2 exam||To be updated|
The Important Information in accordance to the GEO Genius scholarship 2023 eligibility criteria has been explained in this section for the interested candidates:
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Age: For each class student, the age limit will be different.
- Qualification: Only the students of class 2nd to 10th are eligible to apply for the Geography Olympiad exam.
- Recognition: Students from any of the State Board, ICSE Board, CBSE Board, or International Boards are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Number of Students: Those schools that want their students to apply for the exam are required to register at least students from all standards.
The GEO Genius 2023 Exam Pattern is given below for the reference of applicants:
- Mode of Exam: The mode of exam is offline mode – pen and paper-based.
- Type of Questions: The exam will be having all MCQs (Multiple choice questions).
- Levels: It will be held on two Levels as stated below.
- Level 1: An offline- pen and paper-based exam will be held with MCQs in different Schools for the students to participate throughout the nation.
- Level 2: Pen and paper-based exams with MCQs will be conducted in Mumbai for the top 50 students from each category having the highest score in Level 1. Those top 10 students who will qualify for the offline test of Level 2 will be able to apply for the audiovisual round.
GEO Genius 2023 Application Form
- The GEO Genius application form can be obtained from the respective school. All the interested students can submit the application form via their school only. No direct application forms will be accepted by the authorities.
- To get the application form, students have to contact their school officials.
- In the application form, they have to enter their basic details such as educational, personal, and communicational details.
- All the details entered in the application form must be accurate; otherwise, the form may get rejected.
- Applicants have to pay the required application fee along with the application form and then the school will submit the application forms on the student’s behalf of them.
- Apart from this, the school also needs to send the registration sheet of the student that contains information such as the student’s name, class, section, and preparatory handbook required or not.
- Exam Fee: Rs. 310/- per student for online mode and Rs. 300/- for offline mode.
- Preparatory textbook: Rs. 110/- + Rs. 80/- (dispatch charges).
- The application fee needs to be paid through a demand draft by the school on behalf of the students. The DD has to be drawn in favor of the “IBGB Learning Society” payable at Kota, Rajasthan.
They can also pay the fee through RTGS/ NEFT:
Punjab National Bank
Branch: Bhim- Ganj Mandi, Kota, Rajasthan
Account no- 194 3003 1000 54326
IFSC Code- PUNB0237900
Note: The school will get Rs. 20/- (per student) for organizing the exam.
GEO Genius 2023 Awards/ Scholarships
- For level 1, students will be awarded the “Certificate of Participation”.
- In level 2, a total of 5% of meritorious students will be awarded a “Certificate of Appreciation” along with the “Medal of Achievement”.
- For level 3, five winners from each category will get 1 gold, 1 silver, and 3 bronze medals, a cash prize of Rs. 11,000 for 1st winner, Rs. 5000 each to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place winners in all three categories along with the merit certificate.
- The other 10 participants of all three categories will get a cash prize of Rs. 1100/- along with the certificate of recognition.
- The four winners of the senior category will represent India in the International Geography Olympiad.