Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana or KVPY examination is commenced by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore annually. It is a national-level scholarship program for the candidates who are chosen according to the aptitude test as well as the interview which is commenced by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore only.
It is an initiative by the Indian Government that focuses on attracting highly motivated students who are brilliant in their academic courses in basic science and research. Those students who qualify KVPY will get a monthly scholarship up to the Pre Ph.D. level. Those who are interested to appear for the examination need to go through the details mentioned below as the objectives of the KVPY 2023 scholarship, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, selection process, etc.
KVPY 2023 Objectives
The fellowship/scholarship program is conducted by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India with objectives:
- Identifying students who are talented and have aptitude skills that are suitable for research.
- Encouraging students so that they can acknowledge their academic potential.
- Developing students’ skills so that they can make a bright career in development and research.
KVPY 2023 Highlights
|Examination name||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)|
|Organizing body||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Streams||SA, SX, and SB|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
KVPY 2023 Important Dates
|Application form release date||July|
|Last date to submit the form||August|
|Admit card availability||October|
|Answer key release date||November|
|Written test result announcement||December|
- Students currently studying in class 11th are eligible to apply for this course.
- They must have passed class 10th with at least 75% marks in total in science and mathematics subjects to are eligible to apply.
- They should have passed the class 12th examination with at least 60% marks in total and can apply.
- Students who are currently studying in class 11th can apply for this course.
- Students who must clear the 10th class with at least 75% marks in total in science and mathematics subjects are eligible to apply.
- They must score 60% marks in total in class 12th.
- Candidates who are enrolled in 1st year of the Bachelor’s course in Basic science can apply for this course.
- Students who have passed 12th with at least 60% marks in total are eligible for the course.
KVPY 2023 Application Form
- To begin the registration process, candidates can apply online and collect the application form from the third week of July.
- Fill in the application form correctly and submit the application form before the last date in August.
- Candidates have to provide all the crucial details including personal, academic, etc. in the form.
- Upload the scanned image of the candidate along with other documents in the form.
- Moreover, select the examination center as per your preference.
- Pay the required application fee while submitting the application form.
- Take a print copy of the application form for further requirements.
|General category||INR 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD category||INR 500/-|
There will be two different modes to pay the application form i.e. online and offline mode. Online mode facilities involve credit card/debit card/ internet banking. While using offline mode you can use e-Challan.
- The KVPY exam will be commenced via online mode (Computer Based Test) mode.
- The medium will be in both English and Hindi in the KVPY exam.
- There are multiple-choice questions in the KVPY exam. All the questions are mandatory to attempt in the SA stream.
- There will be an option to attempt any 3 sections in Part I and any 3 sections in Part II in Stream SX/ SB.
- The total duration to complete the KVPY exam is 3 hours.
|Sections||Part 1||Part 2||Total Marks|
|Total||60 questions||20 questions||100 questions|
SB/ SX Stream:
|Sections||Part 1||Part 2||Total Marks|
|Total||80 questions||40 questions||160 questions|
KVPY 2023 Result
The result will be published a few days after the commencement of the examination. Those who are selected in the written examination will be called for the further interview round. There will be a separate list for each stream i.e. SB, SX, and SA. Before the declaration of the result, the exam authority will release the answer key on their official website. Candidates will be able to collect a detailed idea of the exam scores via this answer key. Candidates can check the answer key according to the stream i.e. SA, SB, and SX.