Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell will soon be releasing the application forms for admission to the MBA program in the colleges of Maharashtra state. The department itself carries out entrance tests for MBA courses namely MAH MBA CET. This test is conducted to provide admission to a full-time 2 year MMS/ MBA degree (distance education) depending upon the college/ institute. Qualified candidates will get admission to the colleges of Maharashtra state to pursue this course. Therefore, there will be no other criteria for admission except the common entrance test. This implies that no direct admission will be provided to the candidates for the MBA course.
The MBA CET 2023 is scheduled to be conducted in the month of March 2023. So, the eligible candidates must apply for the exam before the deadline of registration. Therefore, candidates must start their preparation for the MBA CET. For all the other important details, read the full post below.
MAH MBA CET 2023 Highlights
|Exam name||MAH MBA CET 2023|
|Conducting body||Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Exam mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
MAH MBA CET 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||January 2023|
|Last date to register||February 2023|
|Admit card availability||March 2023|
|Entrance exam date||March 2023|
|Admission Process||June 2023|
Applicants who want to apply for the MBA program should go through the full eligibility criteria as specified by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra. Check the same below:
- The nationality of the applicants should be Indian only.
- Qualification: Applicants need to have a three or four-year bachelor’s degree in any discipline with an aggregate of 50% marks (45% in case of backward classes of Maharashtra state).
- Candidates must have a domicile certificate from Maharashtra state. Meanwhile, candidates from other states are eligible too.
- There is no age limit set by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra.
MAH MBA CET 2023 Application Form
- Candidates can only fill the application form online mode from January 2023. However, the candidates need to submit the form before February 2023.
- Candidates have to complete the registration first by adding all the personal info.
- Applicants will get all the updates regarding MBA CET on their contact no. and email id. Therefore, they should provide their valid/active communication details in the application form.
- Complete the application process by proceeding to the last step i.e. Payment of Application fee. It can be done using both online and offline modes.
- In any circumstances, the application fee will be non-refundable/ transferrable.
- Lastly, applicants need to get a few printouts of the application form once it is duly filled and submitted.
|General candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Total no. of questions||200 questions|
|Total Marks||200 marks|
|Type of questions||MCQ- Multiple Choice Questions|
|Medium of exam||English only|
|Marking scheme||+1 for correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect response|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability/ Reading competition||50||50|
MAH MBA Selection Procedure
- The finalization of the candidates will be done on the basis of the entrance examination carried out by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra.
- The officials of the examination will publish a merit list of the shortlisted candidates on its website as per the rank/ marks secured by them in the entrance test.
- The conducting body will invite the selected candidates for further admission process. To take part in the admission process, students must produce their essential documents that are listed here:
- High School/Secondary School Certificate
- Mark sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Certificate of examinations passed
- Domicile certificate of Maharashtra
- Reserved category certificates
- Character certificate from the last attended institution/ college/ university.
|IGNOU MBA Admission||IGNOU MCA Admission|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official website of State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra?
Ans. The official web portal is www.cetcell.mhacet.org.
Question: When will the online registration for MBA CET 2023 begin?
Ans. The online registration will start in the month of January 2023.
Question: What is the exam mode for Maharashtra MBA Common Entrance Test?
Ans. It will be conducted through online mode i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT).
Question: Is direct admission provided in the MBA program to the government-aided colleges of Maharashtra?
Ans. No, to pursue MBA from the government-aided institutions of Maharashtra candidates have to appear for State Common Entrance Test.