Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU) came into existence in the year 1977. It is a public state university based in Rohtak in the Haryana state. MDU Rohtak University offers various Bachelors, Masters and Research level courses. The procedure of providing admission in MDU to candidates in the courses is by conducting a Common Entrance Test or on a merit basis. The admission is provided according to the guidelines defined by the university. Those candidates who are interested in seeking admission to UG, PG, and Research courses are required to fill the application form which will be available online on the official site of MD University. Those who failed to complete the submission process till the due date can do it with a late fine. Grab more information about MDU Admission 2023, by scrolling the full post here.
MDU Admission 2023 Highlights
|Name of University||Maharshi Dayanand University|
|Category||MDU, Rohtak Admission|
|Mode to Apply||Online/ Offline|
|Last Date to Apply||Check Below|
MDU Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Admission Schedule||Last date of submission of forms|
|Without late fine||To be Announced|
|With a late fine of Rs. 500/-||To be Announced|
|With a late fine of Rs. 1000/-||To be Announced|
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.): 3 years
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com): 3 years
Master of Arts: 2 years
M.Sc: 2 years
M.Com: 2 years
Courses Fee Structure
|Programs||For General||For Reserved|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)||Rs. 7000||Rs. 4750|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)||Rs. 7500||Rs. 5250|
|Master of Arts in: Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics||Rs. 7500||Rs. 4750|
|Master of Science (Mathematics)||Rs. 8500||Rs. 5250|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com.)||Rs. 8500||Rs. 5250|
- B.A./B.Com: Candidates must have Pass under 10+2 from a recognized institution or equivalent to 10+2 level, are eligible.
- M.A.: (English/ Hindi/ Political Science/ History/ Economics/ Sanskrit/ Public Administration), M.Sc. (Mathematics): A 3 year bachelor’s degree/Shastri examination (new scheme) or any other examination recognized by MDU, Rohtak as equivalent thereto.
- M.Sc. (Mathematics): A 3 years’ duration bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects in each year or any other examination recognized by MDU, Rohtak is required.
- M.Com (Previous): A degree of B.Com (Hons/Pass)/ BA/ BBA with Marketing/ Economics/ Commerce/ Insurance as a subject or any other examination recognized by MDU, Rohtak as equivalent thereto.
- M.A. (Final): (English/ Hindi/ Political Science/ History/ Economics/ Sanskrit/ Economics/ Public Administration)/ M.Com (Final), M.Sc. (Mathematics) (Final): The candidate must have promoted to the next class automatically unless detained from participating in the examination on any genuine grounds.
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.): Candidates must have obtained a Bachelor Degree from a recognized University or its equivalent to enroll in B.L.I.Sc.
- Master of Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.): A degree of B.L.I.Sc from MDU, Rohtak or from any other recognized University is required.
MDU Admission 2023 Application Form
- Firstly, appliers should visit the official website of the university i.e. www.mdurohtak.ac.in.
- Then select the “Announcements” option and you will be redirected to a new page.
- Now tap on the link- “Admission Notice Under Distance Learning Programme 2023” and download the Admission Notification for MDU.
- Thoroughly check all the guidelines carefully regarding MDU DDE Admission in the notification.
- Now hit the “Apply Online” option and start filling the MDU Application form with all the appropriate details.
- Upload scanned copies of all your relevant documents in the mentioned formats and submit them.
- Then take a printout of the MDU Rohtak Application form and make the submission to the Directorate of Distance Education, M. D. University Rohtak (Haryana) on or before the application closing date.
MDU Admission 2023 Result
The Result declaration will be displayed on the official website of MD University. The candidates will be able to check their scores on the exam and whether they have qualified for the test or not from there. To check the result candidates just need to enter the credentials as asked there. The cut-off marks of the MDU Admission result will be prepared as per the guidelines prescribed by the University.
MDU Merit List
After the declaration of the result, a separate merit list will be carried out by Maharshi Dayanand University. The contenders who have their names on the list will get enrolled in the courses they applied for. The admission for these courses will be premised on the marks secured by the candidate in their qualifying examination. The Merit List will show the details of the programme for which the contender has appeared and the rank secured achieved by them as per the marks in their qualifying examination. After that, the participants will have to take part in the counseling procedures conducted by the University. Final admission will be granted to the participants after this.
- Haryana Open General Category: 30%
- SC Category of Haryana: 20%
- Backward Classes of Haryana: 27%
- Special Backward Classes (SBC): 10%
- Economically Backward Person (EBP): 10%
- Physically Handicapped (PH): 3%