Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (MH SET) is a state-level entrance test that is conducted to select candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in various colleges/ institutions/ universities in Maharashtra and Goa. Moreover, Savitribai Phule Pune University is responsible for organizing this entrance test. And the whole admission process is regulated by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Govt. of Maharashtra. The exam is conducted for 32 subjects under the faculties of Science, Commerce, Physical Education & Education, Mental, Moral and Social Sciences, Management, Law, Arts.
Therefore, all the eligible aspirants who are seeking their career in the field of teaching in various colleges of Maharashtra and Goa can apply before the last date. The candidates will be recruited as Assistant Professor based on their marks in the entrance test only. Meanwhile, the application form for the same has been extended by the conducting board. Therefore, applicants who want to apply for MH SET 2023 must check out this full article. Check MH SET important dates, eligibility requirements, application form, exam pattern, etc.
MH SET 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam||MH SET|
|Full-Form||Maharashtra State Eligibility Test|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Conducting Body||Savitribai Phule Pune University State Agency|
|Exam Purpose||To shortlist candidates as Assistant Professor in Maharashtra and Goa colleges.|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper mode)|
|Date of the Exam||September 2023|
MH SET 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||2nd week of May 2023|
|Last date to register||2nd week of June 2023|
|Last date to apply with late fee||3rd week of June 2023|
|Application correction date||To be updated|
|Application correction ends on||To be updated|
|Admit card release date||To be updated|
|Entrance exam date||To be updated|
|Declaration of result||To be updated|
- Candidates must have a postgraduate degree from a recognized university/ institution.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ SBC/ NT/ DT candidates have to secure at least 55% marks in master’s degree.
- OBC/ DT/ NT/ SBC (non creamy layer) and SC/ ST/ PH/ VH candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in master’s degree.
- Candidates who have still not completed their postgraduate degree and appearing in the exam are also eligible to apply.
- Reserved category candidates outside Maharashtra and Goa state will be considered under the general category.
- There is no upper age limit set by the officials of MH SET.
- Candidates can only appear for MH SET in the subject of their master’s degree for instance:
Environmental Science: M.Sc. Env. Sci.
Life Science: M.Sc. Life Science/ Zoology/ Microbiology/ Botany/ Biotechnology.
Home Science: M.Sc., M.A. Home Science, etc.
MH SET 2023 Application Form
- In the first step, interested applicants have to visit the official website of the conducting body- www.setexam.unipune.ac.in.
- Applicants need to submit the application form before the last date of submission i.e. 17th June 2023.
- There will be no other mode except the online mode to fill the MH SET form.
- Enter all your details as asked in the MH SET application form such as name, DOB, mother’s name, father’s name, and other asked details.
- Upload all your important certificates if required in the MH SET Application form.
- Revise all the details in the application form carefully and correctly before submitting the form.
- Pay the application fee online mode via credit card, debit card, net banking, or another available payment gateway. The application fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable in any circumstances.
- Lastly, applicants need to take out a few hard copies of the submission page for other uses in the future.
|General candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|OBC/ SBC/ DT(A)/ NT(B)/ NT(C)/ NT(D)/ SEBC (Non Creamy Layer) /EWS/ Orphan SC/ ST/ VH/ PH/Transgender||Rs. 650/-|
|SC/ ST/ VH/ PH/ Transgender||Rs. 650/-|
|No. of Papers||2 paper- Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|No. of sessions||2 sessions- Session 1 and Session 2|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and paper-based test|
|Type of Questions||Objective type|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|No. of Questions||
|Session||Paper||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|First||I||50 out of 60 ques.||100||1 ¼ hrs|
|First||II||50 compulsory ques.||100||1 ¼ hrs|
|Second||III||75 compulsory ques.||150||2 ½ hrs|
MP SET 2023 Test Centres
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the mode of examination for MH SET Entrance 2023?
Ans. Offline i.e. pen and paper-based mode.
Question: Why is Maharashtra State Eligibility Test conducted?
Ans. This entrance exam is organized by the Savitribai Phule Pune University to select candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in various colleges/ institutes of Maharashtra and Goa.