The admission in Mumbai University for the academic year 2023 will start from the 4th week of May 2023 by online mode. Mumbai University conducts the admission process on the university level for the candidates who are seeking admission in various undergraduate and post-graduate courses in the field of science, technology, Law, and others. Candidates will be nominated for admission to Mumbai University on the basis of the university-level Common Management Entrance Test (MUCMET) & MUCLAT. By going through the below article, you can get the complete details regarding the Mumbai University Admission 2023.
- Undergraduate Courses: BA, BE, B.Com, B.Arch, BMS, B.Tech, BDS
- Post Graduate Courses: MA, M. Pharma, MFM, DM, M.Com, M.Arch, LLM, MBBS, M.Ed., MCA, MD, M.Tech
Mumbai University Admission 2023 Highlights
|Admission to||Mumbai University|
|Type of Exam||UG & PG|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral courses|
|Exam conducting body||Mumbai University|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
Mumbai University Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Application form releases||4th week of May 2023|
|Due date to submit the application form||2nd week of June 2023|
|Pre-admission enrollment form||1st to 2nd week of June 2023|
|Last date to submit the pre-enrollment form||2nd week of June 2023|
|Result/ Merit list declaration||4th week of June 2023|
- Arts/ Management course: Candidates must have cleared 10+2 intermediate or equivalent examinations from any recognized board of education.
- Science course: Candidates must have completed their intermediate or equivalent examination with mandatory subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology (PCB/PCM).
- Medical course: Those candidates who have cleared the 12th examination with PCB subjects are eligible.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in 2023 are also eligible to appear for the Mumbai University admission process.
- Arts/ Management course: Candidates must have passed a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university of education.
- Science course: Applying candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in required discipline from any recognized board.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final semester examination in the year 2023 are also eligible for Mumbai University Admission 2023.
Mumbai University Admission 2023 Application Form
- All the participants will have to fill the application form online mode by visiting the official web page of Mumbai University i.e. www.mu.ac.in.
- After opening the website, you are required to provide all the details related to personal, communications, and educational details in the application form.
- Do not miss to provide your valid email id and phone number in the form.
- Upload all the important documents including passport size photograph and signature of the applying candidate in the prescribed format as asked in the form.
- After the submission of all the necessary details, make the payment of the application fee through online mode or offline mode.
- Lastly, keep a few copies of the application form for further use.
|UR Category||INR 1000/-|
|Reserved category||INR 500/-|
Mumbai University Admission 2023 Result
The authorities of Mumbai University will be responsible for publishing the result for every exam participated candidate individually through online mode. Candidates will be able to access their results after a few days from the completion of the examination from the official web portal of Mumbai University- www.mu.ac.in.
The result/merit list will involve the candidate’s performance in the required entrance examination. Participants will be called for the counselling procedure only on the basis of a merit list.
Mumbai University Admission 2023 Counselling
The counseling procedure for Mumbai University Admission 2023 will be commenced after a few days from the declaration of results online. University will conduct the counselling procedure for every candidate whose name has been selected through the merit list.
The counselling session will be regulated in various rounds based on the availability of seats after each round of counseling. The candidates will get the seats on the basis of their rank in the merit list. After the final selection for admission, Candidates will have to physically report at the allotted center for confirmation of their admission. Candidates will also have to possess a few documents for the verification rounds:
- 10th& 12th certificate
- Domicile certificate (if)
- Experience certificate (if)
- Income certificate
- Graduation degree
- Caste certificate (if)
- Multiple passport size photographs
Mumbai University Admission Process
The admission process will commence once the merit list for the qualified candidates is published on the official website of Mumbai University. Candidates will get admission only after passing the MUCMET Entrance test. The entrance test will be organized by the University of Mumbai itself. Those who are willing to appear for the Law courses are required to take up this entrance test. Candidates may apply on the basis of their National Level Scores.
Those who get selected on the basis of the entrance test; need to visit the University of Mumbai with the original and copies of important certificates and documents. The students will be eligible to avail the seat on the basis of the merit list declared by Mumbai University.