PSTET or Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test is a state-level examination that is organized once a year to determine the eligibility of the candidates for the post of primary and upper primary teachers in government-aided schools in the state of Punjab. Those candidates who successfully qualify for the PSTET 2023 can apply for various government teaching jobs in schools run by Punjab State Government.
Punjab School Examination Board (PSEB) is the competent authority that conducts this state-level entrance exam on annual basis. Candidates can read the below-given article to obtain more information on PSTET for an instant application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
PSTET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam
|PSTET (Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test)
|PSEB (Punjab School Education Board)
|Level of exam
|Frequency of exam
|Once a year
|Mode of application
|Pen and Paper Based (conventional)
|Duration of exam
|2 and a half hours
|Language of exam
|Hindi and English
PSTET 2023 Important Dates
|Application form releases
|Due date to submit the application form
|Correction in the application form
|Admit card release date
|Answer key release date
For class 1-V:
- Those who have passed the Senior Secondary 10+2 (or it’s equivalent) examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and passed or appeared in the final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education are eligible. OR
- Applicant should clear Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% aggregate marks and pass or go to give final year examination of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education by the NCTE. OR
- An aspirant should have successfully passed Senior Secondary 10+2 (or its equivalent) with 50% overall marks and passed or appearing in the last year of a 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed). OR
- They have cleared 10+2 (or its equivalent) with 50% minimum marks and passed or appeared in the last year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education). OR
- Graduation degree holders or candidates appearing in the final year of a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education are eligible.
Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage):
- Candidate must have cleared a bachelor’s degree and passed or appeared in the last year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education. OR
- Graduates with a minimum of 50% marks or who are appearing in a 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) are eligible. OR
- Candidates who have graduated with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate and passed or appeared in Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), by the NCTE can apply. OR
- They have cleared senior Secondary with an aggregate of 50% marks and passed or appeared in the final year of Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed). OR
- 10+2 (or its equivalent) with a minimum of 50% marks is required and those who are appearing in the final year of 4-year B.A/ B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed/ B.Sc.Ed. are eligible. OR
- Candidates should have cleared graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and passed or appeared in B.Ed. (Special Education).
PSTET 2023 Application Form
- It is suggested to the applicants read the instruction carefully before filling the application form.
- The candidate has to register himself/ herself as a new user at the official website of the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB).
- The candidate has to provide his/ her basic information to get registered online.
- Then the applicant has to upload the scanned copy of photographs and signature as specified in the registration form by the authority.
- Then they have to pay the requisite application fee as per the categories of the applicants to confirm the submission of the application form.
- The candidate can verify all the details before submitting the application form.
- An aspirant should also take the printout of the confirmation page or download a PDF softcopy of the application form for further process.
Candidates must note that they can make the payment of the application fee for the PSTET exam. Application fee category wise is prescribed below:
|Paper I: 600/- Paper II: 1200/-
|SC/ ST/ PH
|Paper I: 300/- Paper II: 600/-
- Duration: 2hr 30 mins (150 minutes)
- Type of Question: MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)
- Number of Question: 150
- Marking Scheme: (+1) for every right answer
- Negative Marking: Not Applicable
For Paper I:
|No. of questions
|Child development and pedagogy
For Paper II:
|No. of questions
|Child development and pedagogy
|Mathematics and Science or Social Studies
The selection procedure for PSTET depends on the score of the entrance exam which will be held by the Punjab State Government. The shortlisting of the candidates will be done as per the total numbers of marks. After selecting the participants, the official authority will call the final round personal Interview.
PSTET 2023 Result
The result of the PSTET exam will be announced a few days after the commencement of the exam. The result can be accessed on the official website of the conducting authority i.e. PSEB. Candidates can check the result online by entering their registration details online through the authorized website of PSEB. The scorecard will contain information about the marks secured by candidates in the exam.