National Sports University Admission 2023: The admission to National Sports University is granted on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance test which is organized by the same university. National Sports University is a sports University which is based in Imphal, Manipur and formed in the year 2018. Our country’s honorable Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi has inaugurated this university. The university got its accreditation from UGC ( University Grant Commission). It offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in Physical Education, Sports Sciences and Sports Coaching in many disciplines.
At the UG level, the NSU offers a BPES with 26 specializations and B.Sc. in Sports Coaching with 8 specializations. In order to be eligible for the same the candidates must hold a certificate of 10+2 qualification. At the PG level, it offers an M.A. in Sports Psychology and M.Sc. in Sports Coaching for a duration of two years. Admission to all the programs is purely based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance test. For more info regarding National Sports University Admission 2023 such as Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Admission Fee, Documents Required, Selection Criteria and so on is given in the page.
National Sports University Admission 2023 Overview
|Name of the University||National Sports University|
|University Type||Government Institution|
|Courses offered||UG & PG Courses|
|Application Process||Admission Test|
|Application Fee||INR 300/- per course|
National Sports University Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Application release date||June 2023|
|Last date to apply||August 2023|
National Sports University Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- B.Sc. Sports Coaching: A Candidate must hold a Graduation degree along with a diploma in Sports Coaching/ B.P.Ed. of 4 years or 2 years duration, or any other equivalent qualification with at least an aggregate of 50% marks.
- Bachelor of Physical Education and Sports ( BPES): The candidate who have passed a Higher Secondary Education from a recognized board or Council or University is eligible to apply. The age of the candidate must be more than 17 years.
- M.Sc. in Sports Coaching: Applicant must be a Graduate along with a Diploma-holder in Sports Coaching/ B.P.Ed. of 4 years or 2 years duration with an aggregate marks of 50%. He/ she must also possess a participation in Sports at State/ District or College Level.
- M.A. Sports Psychology: Candidates should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in B.A. (Hons) in Psychology/ B.P.Ed. or any Bachelor’s Degree with Psychology/ Sports Psychology as one of the main subjects, with securing not less than 50% marks. He/ she must also possess participation in Sports at State/ District or College Level.
National Sports University Admission 2023 Application Form
Follow the guidelines below to apply for National Sports University Admission 2023:
- Candidates can apply online by logging in to the official website of National Sports University- www.nsu.ac.in.
- For registration, you need to create a new login ID and password by entering email ID and phone number details.
- Upon successful completion of this process, candidates will receive a verification email on their valid email account with a confirmation link, which needs to be clicked in order to confirm the registration.
- Re-login and start filling the application form by entering the personal and educational details.
- Upload the documents required in the registration form.
- After all the files are uploaded and the application form is duly filled, candidates can submit their application.
- Always make sure to retain a print copy of the application form.
|M.Sc||₹88,100 (1st year fees)|
|B.Sc||₹92,800 (1st year fees)|
|BPES||₹92,800 (1st year fees)|
For admission to NSU, candidates need to produce a few documents and certificates. These include:
Certificate and Mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
Passport size photograph.
Proof of date of birth.
Character Certificate from the University/ College/ Institute last attended.
Transfer Certificate & Migration Certificate.
Sports Achievement Certificate.
Declaration related to the Medical Fitness of the Candidate by Self which is available on the official website on NSU.
Reservation Certificate for OBC/ ST/ SC.
Anti-Ragging Affidavit by the applicant’s parents/ guardians, notarized by the Notary Public, format available at the official website of NSU.
UG Course Selection Criteria
- Admission shall be offered strictly on the premises of merit, based on the marks obtained by the applier in the Admission Test (Written Test, Physical Fitness Test and Sports Proficiency Test).
- It is mandatory to secure qualifying marks in the Physical Fitness Test.
- Candidate must be medically fit and do not have any physical deformities, therefore he/ she must be approved by any Government Medical Officer.
- It is compulsory to obtain 45% score in the Admission test.
|Components of Admission Test||Marks|
|Games/ Sports skill/ Ability||40|
PG Course Selection Criteria
- Admission will purely be based on merit, based on the marks acquired by the entrant in the Entrance Test (Written Test, Sports Proficiency Test, and Personal Interview).
- In order to qualify the test a minimum overall of 50% marks is required.
- The eligibility of candidates to participate in the Counselling will be announced in their respective categories, on the basis of declarations made by the applicants in their application forms.
- The selected candidates need to undergo a Medical Test conducted by NSU.
- The final list of selected candidates will be published on the basis of the list of medically fit students. The list will be submitted by a panel of doctors constituted by the National Sports University.
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Other Backward Classes||27|