DU B.Ed 2024 entrance exam will tentatively take place in the first week of July 2024. Delhi University Bachelor of Education is conducted by the University of Delhi at the national level. This exam takes place every year. If candidates wish to get admission in B.Ed in Delhi University then they first have to fill the application form through the official website of Delhi University. Qualifying candidates will get admission in 2 years degree in B.Ed course at Delhi University. The application form for DU B.Ed Admission 2024 will be released tentatively in the second week of June. All the aspirants who are preparing for admission in the B.Ed program at the University of Delhi must note that admission will only be provided on the basis of performance in the entrance test conducted by the university.
The Delhi University offers B.Ed programmes in the four institutions including Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for women (SPMC), Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE), and Lady Irwin College ( LIC) and Department of Education (Central Institute of Education – CIE). Aspirants should obtain full details about DU B.Ed Admission 2024 from this page such as Important Events, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Application Fee, Exam Subject Category, Exam Pattern, Results and so on.
DU B.Ed 2024 Important Dates
|Beginning of online registration||2nd week of June 2024|
|Last date for online registration||4th week of June 2024|
|Exams date||1st week of July 2024|
|Announcement of results||2nd week of July 2024|
|First admission list||3rd week of July 2024|
|Due date to the deposit admission fee||3rd week of July 2024|
|Commencement of classes||3rd week of July 2024|
DU B.Ed 2024 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below for all sort of candidates, thus appliers should go through it to know about their eligibility:
- Candidates need to possess a Graduation degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for those belonging to SC/ ST candidates).
- OBC/ PwD category candidates will be eligible to get a concession of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility requirements of the bachelor degree.
- In case entrants want to choose a teaching subject then need to choose one subject within the subject category. Along with that they must qualify for the bachelor degree and master degree for a minimum of 200 marks and secure 50% marks in this subject.
- It is to be clarified that there are no seats offered in the B.Ed course on the basis of sports/ Co-Curricular activities.
DU B.Ed Admission 2024 Application Form
The application form for DU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2024 will be released by the official authorities on the official DU PG Admission portal. Candidates who meet the minimum set eligibility requirements for admission can proceed with filling of application form. Follow a few guidelines mentioned below in order to get the application procedure:
- In the application form, the candidates should input their basic personal details, academic details, contact details, etc.
- A passport sized photograph and signature of the applicants should be also uploaded into the application form. Upload the documents according to the specifications.
- Entrants will also get the choice to choose exam center, one teaching subject and subject category into the application.
- Once all the details are entered, the candidates can finally submit the application form along with the prescribed application fee.
- After the successful application fee payment, candidates can generate a printout of the application form and keep its safe.
- The printout will be required on the day of admission at the allocated institution.
- To complete the process of application, it is mandatory for the candidates to submit a desired amount as application fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 500/- for general category candidates (Rs. 250/- for the reserved category candidates).
- Individuals can use online mode facilities such as debit card/ credit card/ net banking for the payment of the application fee.
Exam Subject Category
|Subject Category||Teaching Subject|
|Science||Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Integrated Science, Chemistry|
|Language||Sanskrit, Hindi, English|
|Social Science||Social Science, Political Science, History, History, Economics, Geography|
|Other Subjects||Psychology, Sociology, Commerce|
|Other Languages||Punjabi, Urdu|
|Home Science||Home Science|
Candidates should follow the below-mentioned DU B.Ed entrance exam pattern:
- Mode of examination: Offline
- Duration: 2 hours
- No of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Question paper language: English or Hindi
- Marking scheme: Each query carry 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong response.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Subject Knowledge at School Level||60||240|
|Reasoning, General Awareness, and Teaching Aptitude||20||80|
|Language Proficiency (in Hindi and English)||20||80|
DU B.Ed 2024 Results
Delhi University Bachelor of Education 2024 result will be released on the official website of the University of Delhi only. We request the candidates to download their scorecard as it will be required during the time of admission and counselling.
DU B.Ed merit list 2024 for qualified candidates will be set forth on the official list in which the ranks obtained by the candidates will be showed. The qualifying marks for general category candidates will tentatively be 20 out of 100 marks while for the reserved category candidates it is 18 marks. The officials of Delhi University will release a separate merit list for each caste category and subject category. In case two or more candidates secure equal marks, then older candidate will get first preference for the counselling.