NEET PG 2024: NEET PG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduation), is organized with a purpose of granting admission to the interested candidates in various MS (Master of Surgery)/ MD (Doctor of Medicine) and PG Diploma courses across India. The National Board of Examinations (NBE) is the responsible board for conducting this exam once a year in computer-based online mode. The scores are also applicable for admission to postgraduate MBBS DNB courses. The exam is conducted for 9,953 MD seats, 10,821 MS seats and 1,979 PG Diploma seats offered by a number of medical colleges across nation.
NEET PG 2024 Overview
|Exam name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduate courses (NEET PG) 2024|
|Conducting body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Exam level||National level|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of the examination||Computer-based test|
|Total test cities||267|
NEET PG 2024 Important Dates
|Notification Release||3rd week of January 2024|
|Online Application Commencement||3rd week of January 2024|
|Applying Online Last Date||4th week of March 2024|
|Correction window||Last week of March to first week of April 2024|
|Admit Card Availability||3rd week of May 2024|
|Date of Exam||4th week of May 2024|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of June 2024|
|Counselling begin||June/ July 2024|
- Age Limit: Candidates of any age can apply for NEET PG Exam.
- Attempt Limit: There is no limit for the number of attempts permitted for NEET PG. Interested students can appear for the examination as many times are required to get admission the programme of their choice.
- Minimum Qualification (MS/ MD/ PG Diploma): In order to be eligible for NEET PG, a candidate should have pursued MBBS degree or hold a provisional MBBS pass certificate from an institute recognized by MCI.
- Internship: Only those candidates who complete the mandatory rotator internship of 1 year on or before May 31, 2024, will be eligible to appear for test.
- Registration Certificate: Candidates who wish to apply, should hold a valid registration certificate issued by the MCI, NMC or any State Medical Council (SMC).
Foreign Medical Graduates:
- Nationality: Indian Citizen or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can appear for the exam.
- FMGE Pass Certificate: Those who have passed primary medical qualification from outside India however, desire to take the test must first qualify the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE).
- Internship: All foreign medical graduates will have to complete their internship on or before May 31, 2024.
- Registration Certificate: All foreign medical graduates should be registered with the SMC/ MCI after getting the FMGE Pass Certificate. Such candidates are required to submit a copy of the Registration Certificate in order to satisfy their eligibility.
NEET PG 2024 Application Form
The application process consists of a number of steps such as registration, filling up important details about the candidate in application form, uploading of documents and paying compulsory exam fee. The application process begins with registration. Only those candidates who have completed their registration on the official website of NBE, nbe.edu.in will be able to fill up and submit the application form. After the successful registration of aspirants, they will receive login ID and password. To complete the application process, candidates will need to attach their scanned copies of photographs and signatures. Besides this, they will have to make payment of non-refundable application fee to complete NEET PG applications.
The fee payment methods are credit card/ debit card/ net banking. Once submitted application fee will be neither refunded nor transferred.
The application fee is given hereby:
|General/ OBC candidates||Rs 4250/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD candidates||Rs 3250/-|
- Exam Language: The question paper for NEET PG will only be provided in English language.
- Paper length: The question paper will commenced for 3 hours and 30 minutes in length.
- Question Types: The questions will be multiple-choice based queries.
- Number of Questions: The test will have a total of 200 questions.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, +4 points will be given, and for each incorrect response, -1 point will be subtracted.
The NEET PG result will likely be divulged online in the third week of June 2023. Utilizing their login credentials, applicants can easily obtain their score card/ mark sheet. Please note that there will be no revaluation or re-checking of the applicants’ replies.
The NEET PG result will only be valid just for the current admission session 2024. After its release, the counseling procedure will take place.
The MCC will announce and update the counselling schedule after the release of result. Candidates whose names displays in the merit list would be eligible to attend NEET PG counselling. Counselling will be organized in various phases within online mode only.
To participate in the counseling round, all the qualified candidates need to register online. After registering, they need to complete the college and course selection forms. They will be granted admission based on the choices made, reservations, seat availability and other factors.
- NEET PG Admit Card & Score Card 2024
- Certificate and class 10thgrade sheet (for date of birth)
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Certificate and class 12thgrade sheet
- Identity Proof (Driving License/ Aadhar/ PAN Card/ Passport)
- Photocopies of 8 passport photos
- Provisional Allotment Letter of Caste Certificate
- Disabilities Certificate (if applicable)