NCHMCT- National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology is the regulating body for NHTET which is National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test. This test is directed in order to recruit eligible candidates to fill up the posts of Teachers Associate and Assistant Lecturer. The exam conducting agency will be responsible for releasing the official notification for National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test (NHTET 2024). Those candidates who are seeking to apply for the posts of Teacher Associates and Assistant Lecturer need to fill and submit the online application form before the last date. Aspirants must confirm their eligibility first so that they can appear for the exam without any issue. Candidates will be appointed at NCHM or affiliated IHMs.
However, NCHMCT has not released any official notification regarding the upcoming exams but it shall release the official notification for the NHTET 2024 exams very soon. The application forms for the NHTET 2024 will be divulged at the official website i.e. www.nchm.nic.in/ nhtet. Apart from the eligibility criteria, candidates should also fill up the application form very carefully by following proper guidelines. to get more comprehensive information about NHTET 2024 such as Important Schedule, Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply, Application Fee, Paper Pattern, Test Cities, Results, Etc.
NHTET 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test (NHTET)|
|Conducting Authority||National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT)|
|Posts Offered||Teacher Associates and Assistant Lecturer|
|Frequency||Once a year|
NHTET 2024 Important Dates
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of application form submission||Second week of February 2024|
|Last date to submit the application form in online mode||Second week of September 2024|
|Last date for the deposition of the application fee||Third week of September 2024|
|Issuance of Admit Card||March 2024|
|Date of examination||March 2024|
|Releasing of Answer key||Last week of March 2024|
|Filling of objections against answer keys||Last week of March 2024|
|Publication of the final answer keys||First week of April 2024|
|Declaration of result||First week of April 2024|
In the below section, we have elaborated the eligibility criteria for NHTET 2024 exams before filling out application forms for the same. Check out the criteria here:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Administration Hotel Management with a minimum of 55% marks is required. Aspirants must hold 2 years of experience in hospitality after completing the degree.
- A full-time Master’s degree in Hotel Management/ Hospitality Administration with at least 55% marks is needed.
- A full-time bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Hotel Administration/ Hotel Management with at least 55% marks is required to be eligible.
- The age of the candidate should be less than 35 years. Reserved categories such as SC/ ST, and PWD get 5 years of relaxation, and OBC candidates get 3 years of relaxation.
NHTET 2024 Application Form
- To begin with the NHTET application process, applicants need to acquire a demand draft (DD) of the application charges from any scheduled bank. It is mandatory for the candidates to collect a demand draft before filling out the application form because the application form will require the demand draft (DD) number.
- After that, the aspirants must open the NHTET official website and get access to the main application form.
- In the main application form, candidates need to provide their personal, academic, and contact details as asked.
- Details provided in the application form should be original and genuine. Otherwise, the application form may get declined.
- Along with the details provided, aspirants need to upload scanned images of documents such as a passport size photograph, a valid photo ID card – Aadhar Card, Voter ID, PAN Card, Passport, and Driving License.
- After submitting the application form, one must generate a print copy of the duly filled application form (a maximum of 3 pages).
- Then at last, aspirants should submit the printouts of the application form along with a demand draft of the application fee to the council on or before the last prescribed date.
The application fees for different category candidates are as under:
General/ EWS/ OBC categories: Rs. 800/-
SC/ ST/ PD/ Female candidates of all categories: Rs. 400/-
Mode of payment: The application fees must be paid in the form of a demand draft at the council along with the printout of the application form and other required documents as asked. Please note that the candidate has to send the demand draft and the printouts of the application form either via speed post or registered post.
- Exam mode: Offline (written-based test).
- Exam’s duration: 4 hours.
- Questions: Multiple Choice Questions.
- No. of papers: 3 papers.
- Negative marking: 0.5 marks.
|Papers||No. of questions||Maximum Marks|
NHTET 2024 is going to take place in the following cities:
The authorities of the NHTET exam will deliver the result along with the list of qualifying candidates as well as non-qualifying candidates. The result will be published on the official website of the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT).
Candidates who wish to access their answer sheet will have to go to the office of NCHMCT based in Noida, within 90 days of the results announcement. A candidate can also ask for a copy of their answer sheet, as per the guidelines of RTI. However, they can do the same by depositing the fee within the same 90 days. The concerned authority will dispatch the qualification certificates for NHTET to the candidates at their address provided a few days after depositing the fee.