National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) conducts the entrance exam on a national level every year for candidates willing to take admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in the field of Fashion and Design. Those candidates who qualify for this examination will get admission in courses like Bachelor of Design, Bachelors of Fashion Technology, Bachelor of Design, Master of Design, Master of Fashion Technology, Master of Fashion Management, etc. at various campuses of NIFT located in Raebareli, Kannur, Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Srinagar, Shillong, Patna, Chennai, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Bhubaneswar, New Delhi, Kangra, and Jodhpur. Moreover, candidates also need to pass the General Ability Test (GAT) and Creative Ability Test (CAT). Through this article, get all the details about NIFT 2023 Admission.
NIFT 2023 Highlights
|Full form||National Institute of Fashion Technology|
|Type of Exam||Undergraduate|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Courses offered||Bachelor of Design, Bachelors of Fashion Technology, Bachelor of Design, Master of Design, Master of Fashion Technology, Master of Fashion Management, etc.|
|Organizing department||National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi|
|Selection based||Entrance exam|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
NIFT 2023 Important Dates
|The online application process begins from||1st week of December 2022|
|Last date for the submission of the application form||2nd week of January 2023|
|The last date to submit the form with a late fee of Rs. 5000||3rd week of January 2023|
|Application correction date||3rd week of January 2023|
|Admit card issue date||4th week of January 2023|
|Entrance exam date||1st week of February 2023|
|Answer key release date||2nd week of February 2023|
|Announcement of results||March 2023|
|Commencement of GD and PI||April 2023|
|The final announcement of results||May 2023|
- Aspirants should not be older than 24 years of age to apply for UG courses, while for PG courses there is no age limit.
- Also, 5 years of age relaxation will be there for SC/ ST category candidates.
- B.F.Tech (Apparel Production): Candidates must have cleared the 12th level examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects from a recognized board or university.
- B.Des Programme: The candidate should clear his/her 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
- M.F.Tech Programme: Those who possess a Bachelor’s degree in B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.Tech/ B.E from a recognized institute or university is eligible to apply.
- M.Des Programme: A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university is required or candidates should hold a UG Diploma in UG design (3 years) from NID or NIFT.
NIFT 2023 Application Form
- The NIFT Application Form will be made available through online mode at their official website- www.nift.ac.in.
- Candidates must h confirm their eligibility for the examination before filling the application form.
- The Application form is in the month of December on the official website of NIFT.
- Candidates will have to provide their authentic details in the application form and details matched in the class 10th mark sheet will be considered as authentic, any alteration in details will cause rejection of the NIFT application form.
- Candidates are suggested to keep the printout of the duly filled application form and fee receipt till the admission process.
The application fee can be submitted through online mode only. Candidates can use their Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking Payment facilities for the transaction of Application fee.
|General/ OBC- NCL category applicants||INR 2000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PH applicants||INR 1000/-|
- Exam Mode & Date: The Exam will be conducted offline mode on 6th February 2023.
- Time Duration: Approx. 2 or 3 hours will be given for completing the paper according to the courses.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will consist of all multiple choice type questions.
- Language: The question paper will be made available in both languages i.e. English & Hindi.
- Sections: The sections in the paper will be – Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, G.K. and Current Affairs, Analytical Ability, and English Comprehension.
- Marking Scheme: No negative marking will be there in the NIFT paper.
Subject Wise Pattern of Exam:
|Subjects/ Parts||B.F.Tech, M.F.Tech & M.FM||B.Des|
|General knowledge and Current Affairs||15||15|
|Total||100 questions||120 questions|
- Srinagar (J&K)
NIFT 2023 Results
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) will be responsible to release the result for every participant individually through online mode via their official website. Candidates will be able to check their results from the website of the Institute by entering their Date of Birth, Roll No. and Application No. Candidates will be able to download their NIFT entrance examination results from March 2023. The NIFT result 2023 will have all the details for instance name of the candidate, roll number, marks obtained by them in the entrance examination, and their qualifying status.
2 thoughts on “NIFT 2023 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern”
What is the required percentage to get enrolled in B. Des for OBC?
What’s the percentage needed to get into inifd ?