NMMS scholarship is offered to the students who are studying in class 8th in the current year. The scheme is regulated to provide financial assistance to the students to continue their studies after class 8th. However, to avail of the benefits of this scholarship, candidates are required to clear an entrance exam which is organized by the government of Tamil Nadu itself. NMMS Tamil Nadu 2023 application form will be made available soon. Participants must note that only eligible candidates can apply for the exam. The entrance exam is expected to be organized in the year 2023.
NMMS Tamil Nadu 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of online application form||December 2022|
|Last date for the submission of the application form||January 2023|
|Submission for application forms with late fee Rs 50/-||To be announced|
|Uploading of application details||To be announced|
|Center allotment for CEO||To be announced|
|OMR printing||To be announced|
|Hall ticket||To be announced|
|Date of entrance exam||To be announced|
The eligibility requirements are presented below for the reference of the applicants:
Educational Qualification: Students appearing in class 8th exams from a government or local school of Tamil Nadu state are eligible to take up this exam. They must have gained 55% marks in the class 7th exam if they belong to the general category (50% for the students belonging to the reserved category).
Income of Parents/Guardians: In order to appear for the exam, the annual income of the student’s parents must not be over Rs 1, 50,000 per annum from all sources.
NMMS Tamil Nadu 2023 Application Process
The step by step application process is stated below:
- The application form is soon going to be available on the official web page of the NMMS Tamil Nadu i.e. www.dge.tn.gov.in
- The official authorities will release the application forms for the eligible students only via online mode at their official website.
- To appear for the entrance exam participants will have to download the Application form via the official website.
- Candidates have to fill in all the required details as asked in the application form.
- All the details in the application form must be provided following the instructions and directions mentioned in the form/ brochure.
- After duly filling out the application form, applicants are instructed to provide their academic qualification details and attach the necessary documents including their passport size photograph, signature, relevant mark sheets (if required), etc. in the application form.
- The contenders must not forget to take out the hard copy of the duly filled application form.
- Once the application form is completely filled out, applicants are recommended to pay the necessary application fee as provided on the official website of the NMMS and then submit the application form.
The official authorities will update the complete details of the application fee for the entrance exam through their official website for the reference of the applicants. So applicants are guided to visit their official website to get information regarding the application fee.
- The applicants have to appear for the two levels of the entrance exam i.e. Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) paper.
- Students will have to solve the question paper within the duration of 90 minutes only.
- The official authorities will organize the entrance exam in pen and paper-based tests (offline mode).
- Students must answer a maximum of 90 questions with 90 marks on the paper.
- The question paper includes all objective-type multiple-choice questions.
- Incorrect answers or unattempted questions will not have any negative markings in the paper.
- Each correct answer will be provided with one mark on the paper.
Section-wise distribution of questions and marks is provided below:
|Papers||Test||No. of questions||No. of marks||Duration of exam|
|Paper 1||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||90 questions||90 marks||1 and a half hour|
|Paper 2||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||90 questions||90 marks||1 and a half hour|
NMMS Tamil Nadu 2023 Result
Applicants got to obtain the result for NMMS from the official website of the exam conducting department in online mode by entering the roll number and date of birth. Those students who gain higher marks in the entrance exam are eligible to avail of the scholarship by the official authority.
Participants are able to procure all the information mentioned on the official website related to the further proceeding of the scholarship. On the official website i.e. www.dge.tn.gov.in, the official authorities will also provide the cut-off marks of the entrance exam.