The Goa Public Service Commission is a state recruitment examination that is organized every year in the state of Goa for the selection of eligible candidates for various posts. It is a merit-based examination that recruits applicants for various civil service positions in the Indian state of Goa. The Goa Public Service Commission will release the official notification regarding the same on its website to recruit civil servants at different positions. The official web portal to apply for GPSC is www.gpsc.goa.gov.in. Candidates are recommended to stay updated with the official website of Goa PSC 2023.
GOA PSC 2023 Highlights
|Full form||Goa Public Service Commission|
|Name of the organization||Goa Public Service Commission|
|Level of exam||State|
|Frequency of exam||Annually|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Exam duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Language||English and Hindi|
GOA PSC 2023 Important Dates
|Goa GPSC official notification release||To be announced|
|GOA GPSC application form release||To be announced|
|Last date to apply||To be announced|
|Admit card issue date||To be announced|
|GOA GPSC 2023||To be announced|
|Results declaration||To be announced|
Goa PSC 2023 Posts/Vacancies
- Junior Scale Officer
- Child Development Project Officer
- Social Welfare Officer Position
- District Town Planning
- Senior Translation Officer (Marathi)
- Superintendent Officer (Department of Fisheries)
- Assistant Archivist Grade officer
- Junior officer (ENT Surgeon jobs)
- Directorate of Tribal Welfare cadres, Goa
- Sub-matter Specialist
- Assistant Director for the Department of Tourism
- Senior Translation officer (Konkani)
- Junior Law Officer
Before beginning the GOA GPSC application process, candidates need to ensure to meet the requirements. The detailed information regarding Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) eligibility criteria is given below:
All candidates seeking recruitment to GPSC (Goa Public Service Commission) must be Indian nationals.
For all positions under GPSC, the minimum age of the candidate must be 18 years. However, the upper age limit varies per category:
- General category: 33 years
- SC/ST: 38 years
- OBC: 35 years
Age relaxations vary according to government regulations established by the Indian government. The age requirements for each category are as follows:
- SC/ST candidates: 5 years
- OBC candidates: 3 years
- Persons with disabilities: 5 years
- Government servants: 5 years
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized educational university/ institute.
Goa PSC 2023 Application Form
- The application process for Goa GPSC will be done online mode. The application form will be found on the official website i.e. wwww.gpsc.goa.gov.in
- The step by step process for GOA GPSC is provided below for the reference of eligible candidates:
- Candidates should open the official website of Goa Public Service Commission- www.gpsc.goa.gov.in
- Find the relevant link for the application form on the official portal of Goa GPSC and create an account for the registration.
- Start filling in the application form with all required information, for instance, your name, address, gender, category, and more.
- Upload scanned images of documents, such as a photograph or a signature, in the mentioned specifications.
- Complete the payment of the application fee as required for the application.
- Post the successful payment of the application fee, submit the form.
- The duly filled application form can be saved, or printed for future references.
The Goa PSC Application fee for various categories is given below:
|Unreserved/ UR||INR 1000/-|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||INR 500/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD/ Ex-Servicemen||INR 500/-|
The Goa GPSC Exam 2023 (Administrative Services) is an offline mode (written examination). Candidates have to pass the written examination for the final selection. Those candidates, who clear the written exam, will be called for an interview and the final selection will be based on a merit basis.
- The written exam will consist of two papers, namely Paper-I & Paper-II.
- Paper-I will be having 200 questions and Paper-II will be of total 50 marks. The total marks for GOA GPSC written exam will be 250.
- The total duration provided to solve the entire question paper is 3.30 hours. The detailed wise exam pattern for GOA GPSC is mentioned in the table below:
|Mode of exam||Offline mode|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions (MCQ)|
|Total weightage||250 marks|
|Duration of exam||210 marks|
|Negative marking||-0.5 marks for each wrong answer|
Goa PSC 2023 Expected Cut off
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)/ PH/ CFF||55%|
Goa PSC 2023 Selection Process
The selection process for the GOA GPSC is based on their abilities. The selection process for GOA GPSC Recruitment is as follows:
- First of all, aspirants are required to clear the written entrance examination. Those candidates who qualify for the written test will be called for the interview round conducted by the officials of GOA GPSC.
- For the final counseling round, shortlisted candidates will be called for choosing their preferred posting.
- The document verification round will also take place at the center, and candidates must produce all required documents and certificates.