Everyone’s goal is to be assigned to a prominent job. Working hard, on the other hand, is the secret to improving, which must not be overlooked. Odisha Civil Service 2023 is a fantastic chance for qualified individuals to be selected for various administrative and civil service departments in Orissa. Odisha Civil Services Examination is being held by the Odisha Public Service Commission. Applicants must take the test, but they must first gather all necessary information about OPSC 2023 Recruitment.
OPSC 2023: Highlights
|Name of Exam||OPSC Combined Competitive Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Exam Frequency||Once in Year|
|Eligibility Requirements||Graduation degree required|
|Exam Level||Prelims Exam, Mains Exam, and Personality Test|
OPSC 2023 Important Dates
|Application Form Commencement||To be Declared|
|Fee Submission Starting||To be Declared|
|Admit Card Release||To be Declared|
|Prelims Exam Result||To be Declared|
|Prelims Exam Result||To be Declared|
|Mains Exam Date||To be Declared|
|Mains Exam Result||To be Declared|
|Call letters||To be Declared|
|Interview Dates||To be Declared|
OPSC 2023 Application Process
Annually, the Orissa Public Service Commission publishes a registration form for the Orissa Civil Service Commission. The registration form may be filled out in the sequence of one’s desire in civil service. The procedures for completing the application form are outlined below.
- For further details, kindly visit the official website.
- Candidates should then open the link to see the most current announcements.
- Double-check all of the details in the OPSC board’s formal notice.
- Start the registration procedure.
- Ensure you include all of the necessary information while completing out the registration form.
- Submit all necessary papers in the specified format throughout the application procedure.
- After that, you’ll have to submit the application costs.
- Click the submit button once you’ve completed filling out the form.
- To appear for these examinations, registrants should submit a non-refundable cost of INR 500.
- Note: SC/ST candidates or anyone with 40% impairment in Odisha are exempt from paying the registration fee.
- The aspirant should be an Indian Resident
- The applicant should be fluent in Oria and be able to speak, understand, and comprehend it fluently.
- The student’s ages will be between 21 and 32 years old.
- For reserved category applicants, there’ll be a 5-year age exemption (maximum limit).
- The student should have graduated from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree or a similar three-year degree.
The Preliminary Test would consist of two objective-type papers.
- This would primarily be a screening exam, and the applicants’ prelims scores would not be included into their final standings.
- My paper would be on General Studies and would be worth 200 marks. Paper-II would be a 200-mark elective subject paper.
- This test would be comprehensive in form, while those who pass the examination would advance to the main exam.
- Paper-I would be in Oriya and would be worth 300 marks.
- The English language would be the subject of Paper II, which would be worth 300 marks.
- Paper III contains 200 marks English Essay.
- General Studies-I, worth 300 marks, is included in Paper-IV.
- General Studies-II (300 marks) is included in Paper V.
- Papers VI, VII, VIII, and IX comprised of any two topics selected from a list of elective subjects, with two papers for every subject for 300 marks.
- For this exam, a board of recruiters would use spoken discussion to assess applicants’ suitability for the position.
- Throughout this interview, applicants would be carrying their certifications with them.
OPSC 2023 Syllabus
- Up-to-date happenings of national and international significance.
- Governance, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, and Human Rights Issues
- India’s history and the Indian National Revolution, among other things
- Science in general
- General Science
- Poverty, Economic, and Social Development, Demography, Initiatives of Social sector, Development, etc.
- Environmental Ecology, Issues of Biodiversity, Changes in climate, and
- Indian Polity, Political System
- Comprehension Skills of English Language (Class X)
- Numeracy (including orders of magnitude, numbers, etc.) studied till Class-X level.
- Interpretation of data (through Data Sufficiency, Tables, Charts, Graphs, etc.) of Class-X level; and
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Communication skills
- Reasoning and Analytical skills
- Mental Ability
|Odia Language||General Studies I||English Language||General Studies II|
|Comprehending a certain paragraph
Marks, Grammar Extension of a concept, vocabulary, and application Precis Odia translation from English writing Writing an essay
|Problems of law and the environment
Indian politics, contemporary India culture and history, Indian geographical, contemporary big events, and socially relevant issues
|The ability to understand a text in its entirety.
Writing with precision,
From Odia to English translation, Grammar, use, and vocabulary in a short essay
Marks Growth of a concept
|India and the Globe: International Relations and Organizations Innovations in the fields of telecommunication, technology and science, and astronomy
Statistical Studies, Graphs, and Diagrams of the Economic Development
|Botany||Geology||Engineering (Agricultural)||Commerce||Public Administration|
|Zoology||Geography||Indian Language and Literature, (any from Hindi, Odia, Sanskrit, Persian, English, Urdu)||Mechanical Engineering||Political Science and International Relation|
|Law||Physics||Engineering (Electrical)||Veterinary Science||Statistics|
The aforementioned pairings of optional topics would not be allowed:
- Hindi, Odia, Persian, Urdu, Sanskrit, English
- Agriculture Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Electrical Engineering
- Stats & Maths
- Anthropology & Sociology
- Public Administration, Political Science, and International Relations
- Accounts, Commerce & Management
- Agriculture, Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
- Management & Public Administration
- Education & Psychology
OPSC Recruitment 2023 Vacancies
The Odisha Public Service Commission has published the names of the positions and the associated openings. There were 392 openings that were re-released in total.
|Group A Odisha Police Service (Junior Branch)||To be Updated|
|Group B Odisha Co-operative Service (AGCS/ARCS)||To be Updated|
|Group B Odisha Taxation and Accounts Service||To be Updated|
|Group A Odisha Administrative Service (Junior Branch)||To be Updated|
|Group A Odisha Finance Service (Junior Branch)||To be Updated|
|Group B Odisha Revenue Service||To be Updated|