Internships are very essential of any youth’s life as it prepares them to become great professionals in their given fields. By investing in internships, you’ll acquire skills, connect with experts, and build your career in academic fields. Hong Kong is a safe and valuable destination for internships if you are looking abroad. You can pursue your goals and make your internship experience what you desire to be. If you live in Hong Kong and seeking an internship opportunity, then this is the perfect post for you. You will get a detailed view of the paid internships in Hong Kong for international students in the below section.
Eligibility for Internship In Hong Kong
Internships are usually for high school students or university graduates. Most employers in Hong Kong require the applicant to be between 18 and 30years of age.
Paid Internships in Hong Kong
1. Absolute Internship In Hong Kong
It is an absolute internship program that focuses on helping students develop their careers and acquire marketable skills in their chosen field. If you intern in Hong Kong with Absolute Internship, you’ll get internships in over 30 fields including Business, Advertising & PR, Marketing, Finance, Fashion Design, and more. Their placements are limited to summer and go between four to 12 weeks. During your training, you will get different challenging projects and opportunities that will expand your academic knowledge.
2. Digital Marketing Intern at LVG Trading Limited
LVG is a Private company in Hong Kong offering internships to students interested in digital marketing.
As an intern in this company, your role will be:
- Creating paid digital marketing ad campaigns
- Run paid marketing campaigns on Instagram and Facebook
- Run Google Adwords campaigns
- Create new avenues to promote the brand via influencer marketing channels.
- Carry out PR campaigns.
- Work on sales funnel systems and lead generation.
- Design a loyalty program and referral system
- Work on strategies to increase the email list.
- Managing social media and growing Instagram account, working with our team to help create engaging content (descriptions, stories, posts), retaliating to our community, and reaching out to potential partners and influencers.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must have the following requirements:
- Knowledge of paid digital marketing advertisements (Google Ads, Facebook)
- Knowledge of Public Relations and influencer marketing
- Able to work independently, persistently, and very organized.
- Good writing skills and fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong interest in marketing, e-commerce, and entrepreneurship
3. The Trade Desk
If you’re determined, talented, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new into the world, then you can kick off your career by working as an intern at The Trade Desk. Your role will include:
- Support for application issues; making sure that incidents within our tools or platforms are addressed within established SLAs.
- Managing the company’s ticketing system.
- Multi-task, manage, and resolve basic application support requests.
- Daily communication with technical and business stakeholders.
- A 4 year Bachelor’s Degree from a university or relevant substitute experience.
- A relevant work experience of 0-3 years as a support representative in a small or medium-sized business.
- Basic SQL and HTML experience.
- Knowledge of Excel and MS Office.
- General knowledge of ad exchanges, ad servers, aggregators, RTB, DSPs, etc. is a plus point.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Strong team member.
- Outstanding communication skills in Cantonese and English.
- Strong Chinese literacy.
4. Varcis Group
Conagra Brands engineering organization offers a paid internship program for eligible and interested students to run alongside their studies. You will have to work for 3 days per week. Working hours will be flexible depending on your college/ your schedule. The working location will either be at Wan Chai or Central. The Project depends on your discipline and area of concentration.
All those students who meet the following requirements will be eligible:
- Strong academic background with excellent communication skills, analytical and rafting skills, problem-solving skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong language skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese) are required.
- Excellent project management skills are must.
5. Lam Geotechnics
Lam Geotechnics is offering 8-10 weeks paid internship programs specially designed for candidates who are still studying. During the training, you’ll understand a mixture of training, professional experience, and social events.
You’ll also be exposed to hands-on experience working with industry leaders. You will get career advancement opportunities with one of the most respected firms in the industry. At the end of the internship program, Lam Geotechnics offers a full-time role/ job to the best interns, starting after graduation. These internships are available for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.
To qualify for this offer, you must satisfy the following criteria;
- A student enrolled in a graduate or post-graduate degree program in a university or equivalent institution at the time of application is eligible for this internship.
- To apply at Lam Environmental, applicants must be studying or pursuing courses in areas related to Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering.
- You must have passed at least 2 years of full-time studies in a college or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree.